Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 72399 times)
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2006, 11:51:37 PM »

No had never seen that before!

Why did the Bouncer react that way? Kurt clipped him accidently with his guitar didn't he? The Bouncer fucking hammered him with that punch!

My first impression is that Kurt cheapshotted some bouncer cause he had the chance to hit a meathead. Maybe he could've been trying to swing himself & guitar back onstage, but he sure did it right at the bouncer.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Evolution
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »

I think both misconstrued the others contact as acts of aggression.
chrosken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2006, 11:52:34 PM »

Reading the interview of Kurt Cobain.  I don't understand why would Slah and Duff be all praising Nirvana.  I saw some interviews with Slash and Duff on VH1 were they say good things about Nirvana.

I dig Nirvana's music but I don't know why would he think GN'R doesn't know how to write good lyrics or music. 

AD: Didn't Axl Rose say something nasty to you at the MTV Video Music Awards in September?

KC: They actually tried to beat us up. Courtney and I were with the baby in the eating area backstage, and Axl walked by. So Courtney yelled, "Axl! Axl, come over here!" We just wanted to say hi to him--we think he's a joke, but we just wanted to say something to him. So I said, "Will you be the godfather of our child?" I don't know what had happened before that to piss him off, but he took his aggressions out on us and began screaming bloody murder.

These were his words: "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down to the pavement." [laughs] Everyone around us just burst out into tears of laughter. She wasn't even saying anything mean, you know? So I turned to Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch!" And everyone laughed and he left. So I guess I did what he wanted me to do--be a man. [laughs]

AD: Does he remind you of guys you went to high school with?

KC: Absolutely. Really confused, fucked-up guys. There's not much hope for them.

AD: When he was singing about "immigrants and faggots," people were excusing it by saying, "Well, he's from Indiana-"

KC: Oh, well, that's OK then. [Laughs] Insane. Later, after we played our show and were walking back to our trailer, the Guns N' Roses entourage came walking toward us. They have at least 50 bodyguards apiece: huge, gigantic, brain-dead oafs ready to kill for Axl at all times. [Laughs] They didn't see me, but they surrounded Chris, and Duff [McKagan of Guns N' Roses] wanted to beat Chris up, and the bodyguards started pushing Chris around. He finally escaped, but throughout the rest of the evening, there was a big threat of either Guns N' Roses themselves or their goons beating us up. We had to hide out.

Since then, every time Axl has played a show he's said some comment about me and Courtney. When he was in Seattle, he said "Nirvana would rather stay home and shoot drugs with their bitch wives than tour with us." [Laughs] That's why there's this big feud in most of the high schools. It's hilarious. He is insane, though. I was scared. I couldn't possibly beat him up; I know he would beat me up if he had the chance.

AD: How do you feel about Guns N' Roses fans coming to see you?

KC: Well, when we played that No on 9 benefit in Portland, I said something about Guns N' Roses. Nothing nasty - I think I said, "And now, for our next song, 'Sweet Child o' Mine.'" But some kid jumped onstage and said, "Hey, man, Guns N' Roses plays awesome music, and Nirvana plays awesome music. Let's just get along and work things out, man!"

And I just couldn't help but say, "No, kid, you're really wrong. Those people are total sexist jerks, and the reason we're playing this show is to fight homophobia in a real small way. The guy is a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can't be on his side and be on our side. I'm sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it's something you can't ignore. And besides they can't write good music." [Laughs]

AD: You know, you were probably taking money from people who were voting yes on 9 - but they really wanted to see Nirvana.

KC: [Laughs] Right! Chris went to a Guns N' Roses concert when they played here with Metallica a couple of months ago, and he went backstage, and there were these two bimbo girls who looked like they walked out of a Warrant video. They were sitting on the couch in hopes of sucking Axl's dick or something, and one of them said, "Chris, we saw you at that No on 9 benefit! We're voting yes on 9! You kissed Kurt on the lips! That was disgusting!" [Laughs] To know that we affect people like that-it's kind of funny. The sad thing is that there's no penetrating them. After all that, after all the things those girls had seen us do, that was the one thing that sticks in their minds.

http://www.nirvana-music.com/kurt-cobain-advocate-interview.html
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »

I dig Nirvana's music but I don't know why would he think GN'R doesn't know how to write good lyrics or music.?

Nirvana was progressive rock.

Guns N' Roses weren't progressive, and Kurt saw them as a hindrance to the music scene.
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »

isnt this dead horse?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2006, 12:02:05 AM »

Kurt Cobain was the biggest poser in the history of rock.

All he did was whine and bitch about how he hated being famous and he didn't want to be a star, but did he ever turn down a photoshoot? Hell no. He was a fake and a fraud.

And to say that GN'R can't write good music? What the hell do you call the shit that Nirvana thought was 'music' then? Nirvana are the most fucking overrated pieces of shit ever.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
speed_stone
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2006, 12:04:01 AM »

kurt cobain was a joke and without him shooting himself in the fucking head and leaving his wife and kid behind like a coward, no one would even remember him. like the LA weekly article said, kurt must be spinning around in his grave like a record as axl prepares to save the face of rock in 2006. smoking
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2006, 12:07:32 AM »

hahahahhahahahaha another bashing kurt thread. Kurt won that ordeal at the award show big time. Funny stuff.

O btw burninghills, kurt turned down lots of stuff, he turned down a tour that wouldve made him millions just because he didn't feel like doing it. Go listen to iron maiden.
speed_stone
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2006, 12:10:36 AM »

hahahahhahahahaha another bashing kurt thread. Kurt won that ordeal at the award show big time. Funny stuff.

O btw burninghills, kurt turned down lots of stuff, he turned down a tour that wouldve made him millions just because he didn't feel like doing it. Go listen to iron maiden.

what the fuck has iron maiden got to do with anything?
go buy a guitar with your dad's money and write dark and boring music in his garage, be a "rebel", the grunge "movement" was a fucking joke if i've ever seen one.
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »

Kurt bashing still exists in this day and age?  Sad.
speed_stone
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2006, 12:13:50 AM »

Kurt bashing still exists in this day and age?? Sad.

yes, a brat with a guitar didn't really hold my interest.
go dig him up and ask him where the rock he "saved" went.
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2006, 12:15:31 AM »

He didn't save rock, but he helped end the crap.  and some people are still bitter about it.  Sad.
speed_stone
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2006, 12:16:24 AM »

He didn't save rock, but he helped end the crap.? and some people are still bitter about it.? Sad.
why are you even here?
such a loser. sad. no
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2006, 12:16:57 AM »

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy GOD.

Fucking dead HORSE. Jesus. Quit fucking up the damn board noobs.  rant

gnrevolution.com
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »

What band from England covered Madagascar?  What was the name of them I wanna see if I can download it.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

What band from England covered Madagascar?  What was the name of them I wanna see if I can download it.

It's not being released.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »

I love the fact that Kurt talks about really confused fucked-up guys, and yet this is the fellow that was a huge junkie, married courtney love, then decided to shoot himself in the face. Yeah, sounds like our man kurt really had his shit together.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
speed_stone
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2006, 12:22:37 AM »

madagascar isn't even released yet and already covered, axl is a living legend and with no new material in 15 years he has the biggest buzz in rock, kurt just... shall we say... died?

the only thing kurt "ended" was his fucking life.

i'm out.
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »

madagascar isn't even released yet and already covered, axl is a living legend and with no new material in 15 years he has the biggest buzz in rock, kurt just... shall we say... died?

the only thing kurt "ended" was his fucking life.

i'm out.

biggest buzz in rock? im sorry, but to be honest even kevin federline has more buzz than ?white-trash? axl rose.... face it dude, RIGHT NOW cobain is a music legend, and unless axl dies.. if he keeps on the way he is doing he is just going to fade away..

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:07 AM »

isnt this dead horse?

guess so

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal