Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 08:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 68228 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »

I agree with you Mr. Sam
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2006, 10:17:50 PM »

It's interesting about the albums! ?beer

I think both are cool guys!

Kurt kick started Grunge! Axl wrote SCOM N' Nov.Rain!

Just imagine though rock without either of these guys!

Jeeeeeeeez No SCOM! ?nervous OMG! ?confused

We're lucky aren't we!

{What about my beloved Sex Pistols!!!!!! Noooooo!!!}

You mean to say that kick starting judge is not only not a musical crime, but is a positive? Grunge killed Rock N' Roll!

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »

If Kurt was mature he wouldn't have killed himself.  Axl went through some terrible shit during his life, but he always got through it.  He didn't give up and end it all like Cobain.

I agree with you, being mature its to accept things in life as they come and never give up, if Axl is or not mature i think is not why Kurt hated or dislike GNR he just think IMO that his way of think is just wrong, but who's him to say someone whats wrong or right? after all he was a junkie too and he doesn't make a fine example to lead, none of them.

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

I read that  Kurt didnt like GNR, in part because of Axl's statements against homosexuals.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2006, 11:30:30 PM »

If Kurt was mature he wouldn't have killed himself.? Axl went through some terrible shit during his life, but he always got through it.? He didn't give up and end it all like Cobain.

I agree with you, being mature its to accept things in life as they come and never give up, if Axl is or not mature i think is not why Kurt hated or dislike GNR he just think IMO that his way of think is just wrong, but who's him to say someone whats wrong or right? after all he was a junkie too and he doesn't make a fine example to lead, none of them.

Yeah, I don't get how people look up to Cobain as some kind of hero.  He was a drug addict who couldn't handle the pressures of fame and decided to take the stupid way out.  I guess you have to feel for the guy, but I damn sure wouldn't look up to him.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2006, 12:18:07 AM »

In my case man, I respect Cobain, cause the things he did when was still alive, I dont care if he comitted suicide or if he was a junkie, regardless of that he created different music, and made some interesting statements, on the other hand I didnt like that some songs had suicidal messages, or depressive messages, damn now almost all the so called rock bands talk about feeling depressed and stuff.. FTS.
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2006, 07:29:35 AM »

Kurt Cobain sucks.   Seriously, that is the one person I refuse to like.  Once u talk shit on the original GnR then we have some problems.  I don't want to be a dick, but he sucks! 

If you really have something to say you better back off bitch!

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2006, 01:46:17 PM »

That was deep, but man honestly Kobain doesnt suck that much.
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »

Kurt might not have had as much talent as a lot of rock singers, but he was in a grunge band so he could get away with it. Nirvana and Gn'R had such different stlyes; it's hard to compare them.

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
Brahman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2006, 07:22:59 PM »

Cobain couldnt handle the pressure... fuckheads, if it was because of that he killed himself, he would have done it some time after nevermind came out.
In 1994 there was a lot less pressure, he was clinically depressed but never treated for it obviously!
he fell into depression during touring in europe and a heroin habbit? and killed himself after a failed drug rehab while he fell into depression again, that is IF he even killed himself.
The "suicide" note didnt make any sence at al, it looks more like a journal entry... but thats just my opinion.

Kurt was an artist, non of you play any instruments i guess, if you did you would know how fucking hard it is to CREATE a strong melodic song! like; Sappy, breed, teen spirit, milk it... the list goes on....? THAT takes talent!
sure he was crap technically at playing guitar.
Everybody knows slash was responsible for the crunchy rockers like paradice city, locomotive, WTTJ, etc. Axl has NOTHING to do with that, Where exactly lies his musical talent in these songs?? (we'll find out in march!)
Slash's end piece in november rain makes the whole song work.
You people dont know anything about nirvana obviously.

And Adler a better drummer then Grohl!?? ? GeT ReAl MaN!? ?Dave nearly destroys a drumkit just by playing it!
adler's style is best described as talentless!? listen to what he did on paradise city, My grandmom can play that!
He couldnt sing? have you heard what Axl's voice sounds like LIVE (pre 2002)?? yeah man... rrrrreallly beautiful.
Kurt had an awesome voice.

If an album takes 13 years to make it better be the best album you ever heard?
some of you will eat shit and say youll like it as long as it is axl's so even if the album sounds terrible you will stil like it, you're just axlblind or something.

Nirvana are immortal, Axl is a living legend.
guns n roses now is a 1-man-band, the rest of em are shameless profitters of other people's creations, working for axl to put on the axl-show (which is a good show i guess).
How as a "true" GNR fan can you except those 2nd hand replacements as GNR?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 07:25:54 PM by Brahman » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2006, 09:51:42 PM »

Brahman

Interesting statements, I share some of your ideas  not all of them...  anyway You seem more a Nirvana fan than a GNR fan... which is strange here man...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2006, 09:19:18 PM »

So to be a better drummer you have to destroy the drum kit? I dont think if Grohl was better than Adler I think both fit well in the music they play, dont get me wrong, both are talent drummers but cant we compare for once is into more hard rocking and grooving style and the other is more agressive and pounding style.
Axl did nothing in november rain? I think that song only in piano without guitar is plain masterpiece, yet is only matter of opinions.
If album takes 13 year to make it doesnt mean squad! the best thing, the worst thing could be just a freaking opinion, you know how many people haven't heard AFD more than 3 million just in my country (fuck I did a research man that was horrible  Lips Sealed ) so as i said before it means nothing.
Nirvana inmortal perhaps, Axl living legend perhaps, at least Axl can take all that crap and still walk away without putting a bullet in his head (ovbiously if Kurt didnt killed himself)

No man can be my equal
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »

Well, here in Turkey Nirvana is known like 1000 times better then gn'r.So to those who sayed nirvana is dead gn'r is much bigger, atleast that rule doesn't exist here.And to the ones who says kurt is lame and all, i don't think that any nirvana forum has 7 pages of axl.I mean come the fuck on.The guy changed music.I think he is the one responsible for hard rocks death.Cause he showed the world that even with 3 notes you can make good songs.Ofcourse then the music got fucked up, but it wasn't his attention.I do believe that he was jelious of axl and axl was way more talented.And i hate him for calling them tallentless, but i like his songs and love his careless rocker attitude then axl's superstar attitude.And axl just fucked up the name gn'r for more then a decade.I wish he commited suicide or got killed right before the video shooting for since i don't have you.Then critics would compare him to even john lennon...

Axl:When did you see me overreact
Brahman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2006, 01:29:10 PM »

well...  Just read past interview statements of Kurt on axl, i dont think he was jelous of him.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »

I think Kurt was great, even when I dont like most of his songs...
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2006, 12:27:31 PM »

Nirvana has about 10 really good songs when GN'R has..... how many songs they have released?

This   is   Democracy!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »

You ve gotta recognize that Kobain's stage presence is extremely good... even in the unplugged that guy had a huge personality, a real rock star.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2006, 11:57:09 AM »

http://drunkendelight.com/view.php?id=3202

anyone ver see kurt cobain get hit by the bouncer
badapple81
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »

No had never seen that before!

Why did the Bouncer react that way? Kurt clipped him accidently with his guitar didn't he? The Bouncer fucking hammered him with that punch!
SuperMike
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2006, 09:32:56 PM »

When I heard of the Axl/Kurt feud, I wasn't surprised because I was never really fond of Nirvana. I did listen to them when I was in 8th grade to see what they sounded like, but wasn't impressed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:18:37 AM by SuperMike » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: