Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:03:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 68231 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2005, 11:30:44 PM »

As to be expected, the antithesis of rock has his opinion of Guns and feels he needs to offer it up...

Get in the Ring: And Insult Axl Rose
?They?re really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they?re the most popular rock band on the Earth right now. I can?t believe it.? ?Kurt Cobain on Guns N? Roses

what I can't understand is how the world turned in to grunge lovers because of this guy...I know there are some Nirvana lovers out there but how can Kurt Cobain make any comments about "talent"...aside from power chords...Kurt's orignal catalog would be empty. Although Power chords are very important, they don't require much talent to play.

Also, when u watch Guns, you have a good time. Kurt's songs are all about how fucked up and depressed he is. He sings in a long, drawn out tone. Why was everyone so enthralled in songs that were meant to make u sad and depressed?

Atleast we can understand what Axl is saying...and I know he was thinking he was being "artsy" by singing the way he did...I say screw that. Unnunciation and communicating are two key parts to singing.

If Kurt thought he was being cool with his lack of unnunciation than he should remember that Zubba pants were cool when he was spouting out his artsy tones.

The whole thing were Kurt called GN'R talentless and said they wrote crap is the only thing I'll hold against him. Where does he get off saying that? You can dislike GN'R for being racist or sexist or whatever, but to say that they have no talent is assinine.
RichardNixon
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »

The feud was in 1992!

It is now 2006!

GET OVER IT!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »

Yes, we should talk about current GNR events, like.. er... yeah.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jonathan
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2006, 03:11:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses vs Nirvana............. What's next.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »

"There is a war going on in the high schools now between Nirvana kids and Guns N' Roses kids. It's really cool."

"AD: Does he remind you of guys you went to high school with?

KC: Absolutely. Really confused, fucked-up guys. There's not much hope for them. "

It's hilarious. He is insane, though. I was scared. I couldn't possibly beat him up; I know he would beat me up if he had the chance.

KC: Well, when we played that No on 9 benefit in Portland, I said something about Guns N' Roses. Nothing nasty - I think I said, "And now, for our next song, 'Sweet Child o' Mine.'" But some kid jumped onstage and said, "Hey, man, Guns N' Roses plays awesome music, and Nirvana plays awesome music. Let's just get along and work things out, man!"

And I just couldn't help but say, "No, kid, you're really wrong. Those people are total sexist jerks, and the reason we're playing this show is to fight homophobia in a real small way. The guy is a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can't be on his side and be on our side. I'm sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it's something you can't ignore. And besides they can't write good music." [Laughs]

Q: Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?

A: I can't think of a damn thing.  I can't even waste my time on that band,
because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented.  I used to think that
everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some
underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as
more of an offense.  I have to look into it more: They're really
talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular
rock band on the earth right now.  I can't believe it.

im sorry... but does anyone feel that Kurt Cobain sounds very "high school" in most of these quotes? its just immature. (not saying Axl hasn't done the same... im just pointin out kurt)

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

Kurt is dead, Axl not yet, Kurt's band is only famous cause he died nothing more, Axl's band is more than just a name is icon in eveything of music industry and has influence more than Nirvana did, GNR VS Nirvana? all the way GNR has to win cause nirvana is just the past.

No man can be my equal
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2006, 09:24:43 PM »

axl should have kicked kurt?s ass and made him sign  to open the tour for gn?r, so he?d see that no one messes with GN?R. On the other hand, some people maybe wouldn?t go to the show to avoid hearing kurt?s sad and frustrated music.

still, i think nirvana was an important part of our rock n roll history, a good band, that could have given a little bit more, but, please, don?t compare them to gn?r, they?re kids playing with riffs compared to guns n roses.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Stealthcamo
Headliner

This one's for you downloading mother fuckers.

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »

Anybody that believes that Nirvana is better than GNR is fuckin crazy beer

Plus should they reallly be here either then? This is an unofficial GUNS N' ROSES SITE!!!!!
Stealthcamo
Headliner

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »

"He married Courtney Love then he killed himself" ( I'm not sure if that's the way it was said)

Well wouldn't you kill yourself after that too? LOL J/P  hihi
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2006, 07:07:05 PM »

I can't stand Nirvana. I really don't like that band.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jonathan
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2006, 07:56:14 PM »

"He married Courtney Love then he killed himself" ( I'm not sure if that's the way it was said)

Well wouldn't you kill yourself after that too? LOL J/P? hihi

That's not funny.
Stealthcamo
Headliner

« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

Hmm I disagree. Have you seen Courtney on the Roast of Pamela Anderson? Ewwww. drool
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »

I think jonathan is talking bout making fun of others misery  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Jonathan
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2006, 03:04:36 AM »

Yes, I was.

Stealthcamo, you are not funny.
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2006, 06:01:37 PM »

The way I see it, you can listen to Nirvana songs once, and then you get sick of them for a while. I could listen to the same Gn'R songs over and over again. Gn'R songs are just so much more complex that it takes longer to get sick of them.

By the way, considering the bleakness of most Nirvana songs, isn't the name a little ironic?

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2006, 11:11:44 PM »

Sam I dont know if its better to get sick of Nirvana's songs faster, some people would say that its easier to get into the catchy songs of GNR. Well its only another thought.

On the other hand I used to think Nirvana was crap and maybe their music wasnt that complex compared to GNR's but after reading some interviews Kubain gave when was still alive, I started to respect him much more, things like he was PRO - gay, are interested, and I realized that even when Im a gnr fan, Kubain was more mature than Axl, and he -- Kubain -- stated that Axl used to complain about Nirvana in some of those years concerts,and it looks like Axl didnt get through it cause, he still complained about Kubain in RIR 3.

Axl Vs. Kurt?  Musically Axl. Lyrically and as a person Kubain --  strange to say considering he commited suicide --.

Guys read more about Kubain, he had some interesting things to say regardless of his music, dont bash him just because he said crap but true things about Axl.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »

Nirvana is ok but if Kurt didnt die they would have been just another band imo.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »

If Kurt was mature he wouldn't have killed himself.  Axl went through some terrible shit during his life, but he always got through it.  He didn't give up and end it all like Cobain.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »

I feel that Kobain was more mature in the things he did when he was alive, like helping gay people. But its only a matter of opinion.
Sam
Headliner

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed"

« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2006, 09:21:33 PM »

More mature than Axl, at least...I don't recall Kurt getting arrested at an airport for threatening a security guard about mistreating some luggage.

"Tell me what you're gonna believe"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: