Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 68085 times)
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2005, 08:47:45 PM »

No, Kurt was real.

"The Blues are realy important, that's where most of the hard rock n' roll came from." - Izzy Stradlin
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2005, 11:48:05 AM »

No, Kurt was real.

wot duz that mean? Axl is a robot

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

No it mean Kurt was a whiney bitch who felt sorry for himself and never saw how good he had it, Js like most ungrateful fucks on this planet.

Js playing I love Nirvana, I dont know what he means by that.But I love GnR a fuck of alot more than Nirvana.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2005, 09:09:27 AM »

No it mean Kurt was a whiney bitch who felt sorry for himself and never saw how good he had it, Js like most ungrateful fucks on this planet.

Js playing I love Nirvana, I dont know what he means by that.But I love GnR a fuck of alot more than Nirvana. peace

o rite. Kurt has no respect 4 n e 1

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
mandy2965
Opening Act

Blessed Be

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2005, 08:18:36 AM »

Cool Statistics....but I wouldn't say Axl had a superior life... Read about him.

There's a voo doo mojo working at the go-go
That could knock a witch off her broom...
We slither on in, to shed our skin
Make our way up to the bump and grind...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2005, 08:21:48 AM »

No, Kurt was real.

No, he means Kurt is a real dickhead.

Fuck 'Em All.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2005, 11:37:19 AM »

No, Kurt was real.

No, he means Kurt is a real dickhead.

i'll agree on that 1 m8.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2005, 03:30:09 PM »

This is how I see it.  Gn'R was a great band that was full of great musicians, and they wrote awesome songs about a multitude of topics.  They were real rock stars.  They enjoyed what they did, lived their lives to the fullest, and for the most part are still making music today (Velvet Revolver, Izzy's solo stuff.  Nirvana was an over rated band full of mediocore musicians.  They wrote a bunch of songs about being a whiny depressed little sissy because it was cool to be whiny and depressed at the time.  Kurt Cobain was a highly disturbed individual.  Much more so than Axl.  He married Courtney Love and then killed himself.  In the end, Nirvana was a fad, while GN'R is still big today even though they haven't put out an original album since 1991.  So I guess if you're looking for some whiny dude to tell you how much life sucks you can listen to Nirvana.  Me, I prefer songs about drinkin', drugs, women, love, crime, insanity, and being a bad-ass dude.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2005, 10:38:05 PM »

Genesis, shut the fuck up. You are a real dickhead. Don't speak for me, either. Rob, you think Nirvana is all mediocre musicians? Dave Grohl is a better drummer than any GNR drummer. Whether you like Nirvana, GNR, or neither, it's obvious that Dave has more skill. Krist Novoselic has much more catchy basslines than Duff, who I don't have any respect for. 'Lounge Act' 'Sliver' 'Come As You Are' etc. Better basslines. Izzy and Slash are better guitarists than Kurt, because Kurt was influenced by Greg Ginn, Dr. Know, and other punk guitarists. Songs like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Breed' 'Territorial Pissings' etc show that he sticks to the power chord most of the time, and it's apparent that 'Sweet Child of Mine' and 'Nightrain' are more complex. He is a great lyricist however. He wrote better songs than Axl (probably because Izzy wrote a lot of GNR's tunes). I think you guys should know your shit and stop being close-minded douchebags. Think and use knowledge before you remark to this.

"The Blues are realy important, that's where most of the hard rock n' roll came from." - Izzy Stradlin
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2005, 07:59:25 AM »

Genesis, shut the fuck up. You are a real dickhead. Don't speak for me, either.
No, plum nuts, I was speaking for the world in general. Kurt was a stupid dickhead and nothing u post is EVER gonna change that. Get used to it. If he hadn't shot his fucking brains out, i'm sure somebody else would've.  hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2005, 10:44:50 AM »

That's real low. I can't change the way you think and feel, but I still think you're a dick. I'm sure you think I'm a dick too. Oh well.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2005, 11:10:23 AM »

Axl=legend kurt cobain=moany goon
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2005, 09:52:37 PM »

Anybody that believes that Nirvana is better than GNR is fuckin crazy beer
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2005, 12:08:07 AM »

That's real low. I can't change the way you think and feel, but I still think you're a dick. I'm sure you think I'm a dick too. Oh well.
'I tried to see it ur way, won't work today....'

Fuck 'Em All.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2005, 09:52:45 AM »

Dave Grohl better than Matt Sorum Undecided

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »

I think that sums it up best.  Kurt didn't write better songs.  Most of his songs were about how much his life sucked.  Duff has plenty of cool baselines, and he also wrote some very good riffs including the riff for Paradise City.  Dave Grohl is a good drummer.  I was wrong on that, but I do not think he was as good as Steve Adler.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
SLASH2365
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2005, 07:20:12 AM »

Smells Like Teen Spirit - about laziness of our own generation
In Bloom - about people who sing to songs but don't know what they're singing about
Come As You Are - contradictions about how society thinks we should act versus how we do act
Breed - about growing up in a middle class family
Lithium - about religion and how it saved a guys life (not Kurt's, he wasn't religious)
Polly - an anti-rape song about a girl who was torturted in 1984 (not sure if the year is correct)
Territorial Pissings - a dislike towards macho men
Drain You - a love song (not to Courtney)
Lounge Act - views on certain things but being smothered by a relationship
Stay Away - this one is pretty obvious
On A Plain - random poetry lines of Kurt's put together
Something In The Way - about when Kurt lived under a bridge, homeless

So there is the song meanings from Nevermind. I don't see songs about how much he hates his life and wants to die. Another thing, no way in hell is Adler a better drum than Grohl. No fucking way. Welcome To The Jungle is the most easy song to play on drums ever. Look at songs like SLTS, In Bloom, Stay Away, Aneruysm, Scentless Apprentice, etc/ Grohl > Adler.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2005, 02:42:06 PM »

I think that sums it up best.  Kurt didn't write better songs.  Most of his songs were about how much his life sucked.  Duff has plenty of cool baselines, and he also wrote some very good riffs including the riff for Paradise City.  Dave Grohl is a good drummer.  I was wrong on that, but I do not think he was as good as Steve Adler.

Thanks!! Cool to know someone fells the same way! Kurt Cobain is, sorry was a complete tool
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2005, 02:03:58 PM »

i've hurd all nirvana and gn'r songs. Nirvana r fuking bolox! ne 1 hu thinx theyr betta than guns ( alot of ppl @ my skool. theyr fukt in the hed) r fuking mad.

White_Lady
Opening Act

i typed this message with no pants on :D

« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2005, 03:47:56 PM »

the likenesses are interesting i dont think i could choose between the two they are my favourite bands hihi
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: