Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:05:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 68013 times)
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2004, 05:12:14 PM »

Kurt Cobain

"His role has been played for years. Ever since the beginning of rock and roll, there's been an Axl Rose. And it's just boring. It's totally boring to me. Why it's such a fresh and new thing in his eyes is obviously because it's happening to him personally and he's such an egotistical person that he thinks that the whole world owes him something."

"I don't want to act like Axl Rose and have my own bus or my own back room area."

"Apparently Axl was in a really bad mood. Something set him off, probably just minutes before our encounter with him. We were in the food tent and I was holding my daughter, Frances, and he came strutting by with five of his huge bodyguards and a person with a movie camera. Courtney jokingly screamed out at him, "Axl, will you be the godfather of our child?" Everyone laughed. We had a few friends around us, and he just stopped dead in his tracks and started screaming all these abusive words at us. He told me I should shut my bitch up, so I looked over at Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch, heh!" Everyone started howling with laughter and Axl just kind of blushed and went away. Afterward, we heard that Duff [McKagan, GNR bassist] wanted to beat Chris up."

"I think it's pretty obvious that we're against the homophobes and the sexists and the racists, but when "Teen Spirit" first came out, mainstream audiences were under the assumption that we were just like Guns N' Roses."

"There is a war going on in the high schools now between Nirvana kids and Guns N' Roses kids. It's really cool."

AD= Advacote
KC= Kurt Cobain

AD: Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?
KC: I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band, because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can't believe it.

AD: Didn't Axl Rose say something nasty to you at the MTV Video Music Awards in September?

KC: They actually tried to beat us up. Courtney and I were with the baby in the eating area backstage, and Axl walked by. So Courtney yelled, "Axl! Axl, come over here!" We just wanted to say hi to him--we think he's a joke, but we just wanted to say something to him. So I said, "Will you be the godfather of our child?" I don't know what had happened before that to piss him off, but he took his aggressions out on us and began screaming bloody murder.

These were his words: "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down to the pavement." [laughs] Everyone around us just burst out into tears of laughter. She wasn't even saying anything mean, you know? So I turned to Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch!" And everyone laughed and he left. So I guess I did what he wanted me to do--be a man. [laughs]

AD: Does he remind you of guys you went to high school with?

KC: Absolutely. Really confused, fucked-up guys. There's not much hope for them.

AD: When he was singing about "immigrants and faggots," people were excusing it by saying, "Well, he's from Indiana-"

KC: Oh, well, that's OK then. [Laughs] Insane. Later, after we played our show and were walking back to our trailer, the Guns N' Roses entourage came walking toward us. They have at least 50 bodyguards apiece: huge, gigantic, brain-dead oafs ready to kill for Axl at all times. [Laughs] They didn't see me, but they surrounded Chris, and Duff [McKagan of Guns N' Roses] wanted to beat Chris up, and the bodyguards started pushing Chris around. He finally escaped, but throughout the rest of the evening, there was a big threat of either Guns N' Roses themselves or their goons beating us up. We had to hide out.

Since then, every time Axl has played a show he's said some comment about me and Courtney. When he was in Seattle, he said "Nirvana would rather stay home and shoot drugs with their bitch wives than tour with us." [Laughs] That's why there's this big feud in most of the high schools. It's hilarious. He is insane, though. I was scared. I couldn't possibly beat him up; I know he would beat me up if he had the chance.

AD: How do you feel about Guns N' Roses fans coming to see you?

KC: Well, when we played that No on 9 benefit in Portland, I said something about Guns N' Roses. Nothing nasty - I think I said, "And now, for our next song, 'Sweet Child o' Mine.'" But some kid jumped onstage and said, "Hey, man, Guns N' Roses plays awesome music, and Nirvana plays awesome music. Let's just get along and work things out, man!"

And I just couldn't help but say, "No, kid, you're really wrong. Those people are total sexist jerks, and the reason we're playing this show is to fight homophobia in a real small way. The guy is a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can't be on his side and be on our side. I'm sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it's something you can't ignore. And besides they can't write good music." [Laughs]

It was said that Axl liked Nirvana's music.

He wore a 'Nirvana' cap on the set of the making of the 'Don't cry' video.

Axl has never publicly replied to any of Kurt's comments.

It's evolution, baby!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »

Kurt Cobain

"His role has been played for years. Ever since the beginning of rock and roll, there's been an Axl Rose. And it's just boring. It's totally boring to me. Why it's such a fresh and new thing in his eyes is obviously because it's happening to him personally and he's such an egotistical person that he thinks that the whole world owes him something."

"I don't want to act like Axl Rose and have my own bus or my own back room area."

"Apparently Axl was in a really bad mood. Something set him off, probably just minutes before our encounter with him. We were in the food tent and I was holding my daughter, Frances, and he came strutting by with five of his huge bodyguards and a person with a movie camera. Courtney jokingly screamed out at him, "Axl, will you be the godfather of our child?" Everyone laughed. We had a few friends around us, and he just stopped dead in his tracks and started screaming all these abusive words at us. He told me I should shut my bitch up, so I looked over at Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch, heh!" Everyone started howling with laughter and Axl just kind of blushed and went away. Afterward, we heard that Duff [McKagan, GNR bassist] wanted to beat Chris up."

"I think it's pretty obvious that we're against the homophobes and the sexists and the racists, but when "Teen Spirit" first came out, mainstream audiences were under the assumption that we were just like Guns N' Roses."

"There is a war going on in the high schools now between Nirvana kids and Guns N' Roses kids. It's really cool."

AD= Advacote
KC= Kurt Cobain

KC: I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band, because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can't believe it.

AD: Didn't Axl Rose say something nasty to you at the MTV Video Music Awards in September?

KC: They actually tried to beat us up. Courtney and I were with the baby in the eating area backstage, and Axl walked by. So Courtney yelled, "Axl! Axl, come over here!" We just wanted to say hi to him--we think he's a joke, but we just wanted to say something to him. So I said, "Will you be the godfather of our child?" I don't know what had happened before that to piss him off, but he took his aggressions out on us and began screaming bloody murder.

These were his words: "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down to the pavement." [laughs] Everyone around us just burst out into tears of laughter. She wasn't even saying anything mean, you know? So I turned to Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch!" And everyone laughed and he left. So I guess I did what he wanted me to do--be a man. [laughs]

KC: Absolutely. Really confused, fucked-up guys. There's not much hope for them.

AD: When he was singing about "immigrants and faggots," people were excusing it by saying, "Well, he's from Indiana-"

KC: Oh, well, that's OK then. [Laughs] Insane. Later, after we played our show and were walking back to our trailer, the Guns N' Roses entourage came walking toward us. They have at least 50 bodyguards apiece: huge, gigantic, brain-dead oafs ready to kill for Axl at all times. [Laughs] They didn't see me, but they surrounded Chris, and Duff [McKagan of Guns N' Roses] wanted to beat Chris up, and the bodyguards started pushing Chris around. He finally escaped, but throughout the rest of the evening, there was a big threat of either Guns N' Roses themselves or their goons beating us up. We had to hide out.

Since then, every time Axl has played a show he's said some comment about me and Courtney. When he was in Seattle, he said "Nirvana would rather stay home and shoot drugs with their bitch wives than tour with us." [Laughs] That's why there's this big feud in most of the high schools. It's hilarious. He is insane, though. I was scared. I couldn't possibly beat him up; I know he would beat me up if he had the chance.

KC: Well, when we played that No on 9 benefit in Portland, I said something about Guns N' Roses. Nothing nasty - I think I said, "And now, for our next song, 'Sweet Child o' Mine.'" But some kid jumped onstage and said, "Hey, man, Guns N' Roses plays awesome music, and Nirvana plays awesome music. Let's just get along and work things out, man!"

And I just couldn't help but say, "No, kid, you're really wrong. Those people are total sexist jerks, and the reason we're playing this show is to fight homophobia in a real small way. The guy is a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can't be on his side and be on our side. I'm sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it's something you can't ignore. And besides they can't write good music." [Laughs]

My hate for KC grows more and more every time I read something like this. Nirvana's music was and will always be garbage. Anyone who thinks Gn'R are talentless can suck me!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2004, 05:04:15 PM »

Axl hands down...this year is a GNR year...and would be even more so if CD gets released

- Mike (The Slave)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2004, 05:46:08 PM »

This thread is really a send up tot he old adage of whether it is better to burn out or fade away if ya think about it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2004, 09:30:21 AM »

i think this is the year of Axl.. i know few ex-grunge addicts who are now hooked on GnR cuz of the greatest hits.. and GnR's getting more radio play than Nirvana (as far as i know)..

since this is an Axl vs Kurt thread.. anyone mind explaining to me what happened in the 92 vma's? cuz as far as i know, Axl was a fan of Nirvana.. so what exactly happened that devided all the nirvana and gnr fans?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2004, 02:49:14 PM »

everyone was backstage at trailers or some shit and courteney and kurt were there with their baby. Courteney started yelling things at Axl and asking if he wanted to be the babys godfather so Axl turned to Kurt and said "you better tell your bitch to shut the fuck up". And Kirt said "yo bitch shut the fuck up" and laughed at Axl.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2004, 12:52:10 AM »

Looking at how well the Greatest Hits album is doing, Velvet Revolver, and the possibility the album is coming out in November. GNR is much more relevant.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
MsDuffMckagan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2004, 07:55:22 PM »

I would have to say Guns N' Roses as a whole..not just Axl..
Nirvana had there year. Its GnR/Axl now..But like alot of peope said they are two totally diffrent music styles.. Personally I dislike grunge and Nirvana, no offence to anyone who does though...Axl and GnR (and Velvet Revolver lol) are King this year
Erin
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2004, 01:28:44 PM »

This is Kurt's year!
Anniversary... 10 years  Cry Cry Cry

It's evolution, baby!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2004, 09:31:26 PM »

Axl but Kurt was more popular by far in the '94 era.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Sliv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2004, 09:33:51 AM »

Kurt Cobain

AD= Advacote
KC= Kurt Cobain

My hate for KC grows more and more every time I read something like this. Nirvana's music was and will always be garbage. Anyone who thinks Gn'R are talentless can suck me!

lol  rofl good joke

both guys (axl and kurt) are very genius and talented. and almost same problems: manic depressive's, childhood trauma's etc

"Axl has never publicly replied to any of Kurt's comments".

When he (axl) was in Seattle, he said "Nirvana would rather stay home and shoot drugs with their bitch wives than tour with us."

that this fake? ehhh...

sorry my english Smiley
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »

"Axl has never publicly replied to any of Kurt's comments".

When he (axl) was in Seattle, he said "Nirvana would rather stay home and shoot drugs with their bitch wives than tour with us."

that this fake? ehhh...

sorry my english Smiley

erm... that isn't really a reply.. just a bit of good-old bitchin'!

It's evolution, baby!
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2004, 04:03:57 PM »

I really can't pick, I admire both so much and they're both LEGENDS and ICONS in music and will forever be remembered for their contributions. Two frontmen, each with their own bands who changed rock n' roll but the MUSIC INDUSTRY in general forever!!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2004, 08:23:49 PM »

From the October '96 issue of Guitar World, in an interview with Kurt Cobain:

GW:? Maybe this would be a good time to address some of the rumors that have
plagued you.? When Nevermind hit, there were reports that you were a
narcoleptic.

Cobain:? No, no...that was just a story I made up to explain why I slept so
much.? I used to find myself sleeping a lot before shows.? A lot of times the
backstage area is such a gross scene, I don't want to talk to anybody. So I
just fall asleep.? There are so many people that we know now, so many friends
and stuff that I can't ask them to leave.? I don't want to act like Axl Rose
and have my own bus or my own back room area.

GW:? Speaking of Axl, what is the story behind your altercation with him
backstage at the 1992 MTV Music Awards?

Cobain:? Well, apparently Axl was in a really bad mood.? Something set him
off, probably just minutes before our encounter with him.? We were in the
food tent and I was holding my daughter, Frances, and he came strutting by
with five of his huge bodyguards and a person with a video camera.? Courtney
jokingly screamed out at him "Axl, will you be the godfather of out child?"
 Everyone laughed.? We had a few friends around us, and he just stopped dead
in his tracks and started screaming all these abusive words at us.? He told
me to shut my bitch up, so I looked at Courtney and said "Shut up, bitch,
heh!"? Everyone started howling with laughter and Axl just kind of
blushed and
went away.? Afterward, we heard that Duff [Mckagan, GNR bassist] wanted to
beat Chris up.

Later on, it says:

Cobain:........But other than that, I've never thought of the Guns N'
Roses,Metallica and U2 offers as any kind of legitimate offer.? They just
were never a reality to me.

Q: Didn't Axl Rose say something nasty to you at the MTV Video Music
Awards in September?

A:? They actually tried to beat us up.? Courtney and I were with the baby
in the eating area backstage, and Axl walked by.? So Courtney yelled,
"Axl!? Axl, come over here!"? We just wanted to say hi to him--we think
he's a joke, but we just wanted to say something to him.? So I said,
"Will you be the godfather of our child?"? I don't know what had
happened before that to piss him off, but he took his aggressions
out on us and began screaming bloody murder.
? ? These were his words: "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down
to the pavement." [laughs] Everyone around us just burst out into tears of
laughter.? She wasn't even saying anything mean, you know?? So I turned
to Courtney and said, "Shut up, bitch!"? And everyone laughed and he left.
So I guess I did what he wanted me to do--be a man. [laughs]

Kurt told this story to the crowd at the Portland OR 9/10/92 concert, try
to get it if you can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?

A: I can't think of a damn thing.? I can't even waste my time on that band,
because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented.? I used to think that
everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some
underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as
more of an offense.? I have to look into it more: They're really
talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular
rock band on the earth right now.? I can't believe it.

rant

This last part really gets me.? I love Nirvana, and I know Kurt hated GN'R, but how can he justify saying Guns N' Roses were an untalented band?? This from the "legend" who filled his albums with three-chord punk-metal sludge that was, largely, less catchy a lot of the time than the media would have you think.? Say what you will, you can't deny that GN'R wrote great songs, Slash was an unbelievable guitarist, and Axl was a charismatic frontman.? And if you do deny that, then you'd better have one hell of a band to back that claim up.

Nirvana wrote a lot of great songs, but they were nowhere near as talented as Guns N' Roses.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »

Nirvana is as good as avril lavigne...for me they're the same shit...or better, they are shit from the same asshole... peace

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2004, 08:32:45 PM »

Kurt Cobain obsession of Axl Rose...do you know how it's called? it's something called....hmm...."jalousy".
Cobain was definitely jalous of Mr Rose.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2004, 08:41:01 PM »

Dead horse.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Tucka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2005, 04:55:24 AM »

2004 was kurts year simply because: WITH THE LIGHTS OUT BOXSET
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2005, 07:20:04 AM »

i doubt it. it hasnt sold that much in the UK WITH THE LIGHTS OUT.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2005, 07:58:01 AM »

Duh Axl, who else? Kurt couldn't play guitar, sing or even write decent songs.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: