Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 5271 times)
GNFNR
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:55:46 PM by GNFNR » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »

depends on the quality of the music Roll Eyes

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »

By the fans: probably.
By most others: I doubt it.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »

Wait so now Im not allowed to say the album is going to be great because Madagascar is a masterpiece?

HAvnt they played Maddy Live? We have been able to tlak about Madagascar,CD etc since friggen 2000.

Now all of a sudden I cant speak of it when some1 starts a thread of a question thats been asked 1 zillion fukin times because we cant talk about anything else here?

Makes no sense\

lol i really hope something special is in store for this site. jarmo  I love you but I mean now its really getting crazy here. Cant even discuss Madagascar despite it being out for 7 yrs.....All i said was how chilling it was.....

unreal

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:52:50 AM »

Lock
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »

It will always be regarded as the greatest waste in music history.

It could be the most amazing music, it wont matter, Axl's 45 years old...Im going to buy the album, I love the songs ive heard but seriously how many 45 year old rock stars sell 10 million cd's of new music.  Even if the album sold well, which it most likely wont, but if it does it still will be considered a waste, maybe even more so if its accepted.  People will say things like Chinese Democracy is so great that it shows how much it sucks that Axl spent the majority of his prime working on just this, instead of performing and recording more music etc... 
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »

It could be the most amazing music, it wont matter, Axl's 45 years old...Im going to buy the album, I love the songs ive heard but seriously how many 45 year old rock stars sell 10 million cd's of new music.?
U2? Bono and Adam were 44 and The Edge and Larry were 43 when How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was released. It was average compared to their older stuff and still sold approx 10 million worldwide in 2 years apparently.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »

Makes no sense\

lol i really hope something special is in store for this site. jarmo I love you but I mean now its really getting crazy here. Cant even discuss Madagascar despite it being out for 7 yrs.....All i said was how chilling it was.....

unreal

I'm with you on that one!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »

It will be regarded as such. It's not just something the fans are gonna say. Fuck the jaded DJs who want to play demos and spin lies. This is gonna blow the anal-crusted music scene wide the fuck open. Oh ye who have little faith. The reason the album's not out yet is because how do you market something so big, so expensive, so elaborate, and so crucial? Give it time. They've tested the waters with touring, and this thing is gonna hit us real soon. There's going to be a media onslaught. People want this band and this sound back. Nobody gives a shit if Slash is in the band or not, no disrespect. You think only the fans will praise it and nobody else will want to hear it because it's a "new" band? Let me tell you, that's something ONLY the diehards will be bitching about. This album's gonna rule the world. GN'R are legends now. This will make them something else. Now they are Queen.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

I think the more you know about Axl, the better the album will be. 

If you're just a casual fan of GnR, and don't know much about what's happened in Axl's life over the last 14 years, it might be a little hard to get into.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »

What do you think?

I cannot anwser that question until the albums out  peace

Although for an album to take this long, does not mean it will be great, it could just mean the people behind it lack motivation. I think their getting off on having something the rest of the world doesn't, an un finished Gn'R album  hihi
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:19:43 PM by redx » Logged
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »

It could be the most amazing music, it wont matter, Axl's 45 years old...Im going to buy the album, I love the songs ive heard but seriously how many 45 year old rock stars sell 10 million cd's of new music.? Even if the album sold well, which it most likely wont, but if it does it still will be considered a waste, maybe even more so if its accepted.? People will say things like Chinese Democracy is so great that it shows how much it sucks that Axl spent the majority of his prime working on just this, instead of performing and recording more music etc...?

And negative people like you who pass themselves off as fans are a waste of life.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »

And negative people like you who pass themselves off as fans are a waste of life.

Keep talking like that in every post and I'm sure you'll be banned soon enough.....again...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »

I bet that would give you some excitement in life.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »

nah believe me I've got better things to do  yes
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

I'LL MAKE THIS SHORT AND SWEET

YES....FUCK YES....ABSOLUTELY.... ?IT IS GONNA BE THE MOST FANTASTIC ROCK ALBUM TO COME ALONG IN A LONG TIME..... THERE WILL BE CLASSICS ON THIS RECORD AND THEN AXL IS GONNA DISSAPEAR INTO THE SUNSET ok ok
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 12:42:18 PM »

The media will have a huge impact on what happens with the album. ?Also, the "GNR is nothing without Slash" people will probably shoot down the album no matter how great it is. ?Either way, Chinese Democracy will be big, only time will tell how big though.

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 01:04:35 PM »

Wait so now Im not allowed to say the album is going to be great because Madagascar is a masterpiece?

HAvnt they played Maddy Live? We have been able to tlak about Madagascar,CD etc since friggen 2000.

Now all of a sudden I cant speak of it when some1 starts a thread of a question thats been asked 1 zillion fukin times because we cant talk about anything else here?

Makes no sense\

lol i really hope something special is in store for this site. jarmo? I love you but I mean now its really getting crazy here. Cant even discuss Madagascar despite it being out for 7 yrs.....All i said was how chilling it was.....

unreal

Did I miss something? There seems to be a part of the conversation that is missing, or is it me?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 01:29:45 PM »

Makes no sense\

lol i really hope something special is in store for this site. jarmo? I love you but I mean now its really getting crazy here. Cant even discuss Madagascar despite it being out for 7 yrs.....All i said was how chilling it was.....

unreal

Did I miss something? There seems to be a part of the conversation that is missing, or is it me?

Yeah, he's all fucked up. I answered anyways, because I knew what he was saying. Which probably means I'm all fucked up too yes
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 04:16:53 PM »

It could be great, it could suck, it could be somewhere in between.

We won't know until it comes out.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: