Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses - When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Flourish
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses - When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Flourish  (Read 10156 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 10:29:03 AM »

perhaps someone had a mix of the music and tried then to put a live bootleg of axls vocal mix on the recording?
Did you read this?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=44675.0

Bite me you tone deaf motherfucker!! rant
Nice argument. Roll Eyes

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 10:30:14 AM »

^Eh, he'll have fun with his negative karma. Smiley

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 10:31:52 AM »

perhaps someone had a mix of the music and tried then to put a live bootleg of axls vocal mix on the recording?
Nah man, its got Axl doing backing vocals in the outro, can't be live
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:35:05 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »

^^^^

ahah! true enough i didn'gt think that one through! hihi

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

tone deaf motherfucker!! rant
like  rolling stones' fool to cry? Roll Eyes

emotional literacy.....
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »

anyone think the only reason we're "getting away" with talking about this here is because of the different thread title? beer

Olorin
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »

like? rolling stones' fool to cry? Roll Eyes

emotional literacy.....

Not exactly, its just whenever some self-righteous bighead, belittles me with their santimonious, matter of fact put downs - well I tend to get a little uptight.

But I stand by it, I think he must be tone deaf. Whether or not he is a motherfucker, who knows, dont really care anymore.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »

anyone think the only reason we're "getting away" with talking about this here is because of the different thread title? beer

No, more likely because the tide has gone out. Now it's safe (-ish) to pick up the driftwood and beat each other over the head with it.
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 11:09:01 AM »

anyone think it's pretty stupid to come here everyday, and when something happens we have to go to other forums..?

by the way, don't ask me I don't have any link.. someone sent the file to me because he knows the forum I read deletes interesting threads.. ?no

so?

can we talk about leaks or not?
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »

who knows?

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 11:19:15 AM »

The third is that a small group of hoarders, perhaps just 1 guy, is starting to let go since their shit will be useless after CD is out. I think it's this one.

Agreed 100%. It's not the band, stop pointing fingers. I'm sorry to say, but I think things that have leaked and are leaking are simply not the finished product we'll be getting when the album is released, and I believe its release is imminent. Jarmo, what do you think about this theory? About maybe a couple horders or so just releasing they're not gonna be too cool for school for too much longer, so they'll play their cool points while they still can. They'll save the day right before it won't need saving, and that's why with the last batch of leaks and now these we got cockteased with blips and clips of this and that. To prolong that badass-wannabe little thrill.
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »

About maybe a couple horders or so just releasing they're not gonna be too cool for school for too much longer, so they'll play their cool points while they still can. They'll save the day right before it won't need saving, and that's why with the last batch of leaks and now these we got cockteased with blips and clips of this and that. To prolong that badass-wannabe little thrill.

Could be that it's the other way around. The timing suggests that someone could have wanted to capitalize on the "album handed in" rumor to make it look like the tracks they had were possibly the new mixes. It seems more likely than "Oh, I wasn't expecting such a reaction to posting the intro to the title track on my splash page!" Sadly, for him, enough people already had the same mixes to identify what he actually had.
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »

about madagascar...

I kind of prefered the last solo from a old live version I had..

but it's still my favorite from the new sons  ok
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

About maybe a couple horders or so just releasing they're not gonna be too cool for school for too much longer, so they'll play their cool points while they still can. They'll save the day right before it won't need saving, and that's why with the last batch of leaks and now these we got cockteased with blips and clips of this and that. To prolong that badass-wannabe little thrill.

Could be that it's the other way around. The timing suggests that someone could have wanted to capitalize on the "album handed in" rumor to make it look like the tracks they had were possibly the new mixes. It seems more likely than "Oh, I wasn't expecting such a reaction to posting the intro to the title track on my splash page!" Sadly, for him, enough people already had the same mixes to identify what he actually had.

Very good point.
izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2007, 11:40:24 AM »

There is no way this is the band intentionally leaking this. I would not be a good business move and kills he anticipation of album, which I imagine is the last thing Axl wants. I think if he had it his way, we would never hear any of these songs. He has been on 2 world tours in the last 5 years and still plays 90% old material b/c he won't release the record. If he is holding the record this close to him, do you really think he would let a crap demo like Madagascar leak? And remember what Dizzy's wife's comment was when the first set of leaks happened: "Axl is going to be so upset, why did you guys do this to him. He wanted to surprise the fans with the work once the album comes out, and now it's like you ruined Christmas by opening up the presents early." (I was just paraphrasing there).
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »

There is no way this is the band intentionally leaking this. I would not be a good business move and kills he anticipation of album, which I imagine is the last thing Axl wants. I think if he had it his way, we would never hear any of these songs. He has been on 2 world tours in the last 5 years and still plays 90% old material b/c he won't release the record. If he is holding the record this close to him, do you really think he would let a crap demo like Madagascar leak? And remember what Dizzy's wife's comment was when the first set of leaks happened: "Axl is going to be so upset, why did you guys do this to him. He wanted to surprise the fans with the work once the album comes out, and now it's like you ruined Christmas by opening up the presents early." (I was just paraphrasing there).
I always loathed that argument. It comes from someone who's close to the band, who can (and likely has been) listening to these tracks EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST DECADE, while we've been suffering in silence. They lack the fans' perspective. And I really could care less about "spoiling the surprise". Bugger the surprise; the album will never live up to the weight of expectation placed on it in that situation, so I'd rather hear the leaks to get a realistic appraisal of the album's strengths and weaknesses.

SG
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »

One possibility is that the album is on the way and shit starts to get out. The other is gn'r doing this themselves to either get feedback or prevent negative backlash.

The third is that a small group of hoarders, perhaps just 1 guy, is starting to let go since their shit will be useless after CD is out. I think it's this one.
Good theories but I guess we will never know

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »

it seems my last post was deleted, once again, and I dont understand because I didnt actually incriminate myself in that post....oh well, it appears that there are some sensitive issues alright

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »

The best part is how "I searched and found the way she used to lure me in..." was changed to "I searched and found the way you used to lure me in..."

Rather different meaning.

- SammyD1st
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »

like  rolling stones' fool to cry? Roll Eyes

emotional literacy.....

Not exactly, its just whenever some self-righteous bighead, belittles me with their santimonious, matter of fact put downs - well I tend to get a little uptight.

But I stand by it, I think he must be tone deaf. Whether or not he is a motherfucker, who knows, dont really care anymore.
You still don't know what are you talking about, there's no way he's out of tune. I do know what I'm talking about, I'm not ignorant on music.

So, shut up, please.  And stop calling names, makes you look even more like a troll.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: