Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses - When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Flourish
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses - When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Flourish  (Read 10151 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:51 AM »

My beef with Axl is:

If he is careless enough to give out copies or careless enough to forget a copy at a club, im not gonna say he deserves to have this happen but I dont see how he can get that pissed cause quite frankly, if something gets out, thats on him for being careless.

We don't know how these leaks happened. So if I were you, I wouldn't be pointing fingers.

If people took your songs and posted them online before you had finished them, wouldn't you be upset? You'd be judged based on unfinished material.

/jarmo

yeah.. at least i would.. be upset.. but from the fans point of view, i understand that thim is impossible..
anyone getting a track from Chinese Democracy have the opportunity to leak.. just a matter of choise..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

If people took your songs and posted them online before you had finished them, wouldn't you be upset? You'd be judged based on unfinished material.

While that is an understandable concern, isn't it true that you'd be being judged by a very small group of people with no influence over either the mainstream media or the general public. And when the final versions were released, you'd be judged all over again by a much larger and more influential crowd, based on your final effort.

Most of the fans have been very happy with the leaks, most of the web-media have been horribly critical. Meanwhile, the general public have been largely oblivious to the leaks (with perhaps the exception of Better, for obvious reasons). There doesn't seem to be much overlap between what goes on among the hardcore fans/critics on the net and the record buying public in the real world. So while it's understandable that GNR would be pissed at demos being leaked, it doesn't seem like a grave concern. Of course if the final mixes leaked, that would be another story.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »

That isn't true. We both know that radio stations played Better and asked listeners to call in for feedback.

You can't get more mainstream than that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »

Hence I made a point of saying that Better was the exception.

GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30:42 AM »

Axl is smart, maybe he is purposly leaking demos just to our fans reaction? I think he is gonna blow us away when we hear C.D. hit shelfs! It just may be the greatest album ever! The demos sound great imagine what we are in store for.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 08:39:38 AM »

Axl is smart, maybe he is purposly leaking demos just to our fans reaction? I think he is gonna blow us away when we hear C.D. hit shelfs! It just may be the greatest album ever! The demos sound great imagine what we are in store for.

When comparing the vocals of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and There Was a Time from both the new 2007 leaks and the 2006 leaks, I actually believe his voice sounds better in TWAT and thus it brings me to the conclusion that it was these leaks that are more representative of the final product. We have NO idea what has been going on since 1997 because of serious lack of information and you have to remember that 3 producers have apparently worked on this album and in the process each has re-recorded their predecessors work

As a result, this could be the Madgascar from 2001, with Roy Thomas Baker, Bryan, Paul Huge and Buckethead....but not the 2006 version

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »

what new leaks?
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 09:01:03 AM »

When comparing the vocals of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and There Was a Time from both the new 2007 leaks and the 2006 leaks, I actually believe his voice sounds better in TWAT and thus it brings me to the conclusion that it was these leaks that are more representative of the final product. We have NO idea what has been going on since 1997 because of serious lack of information and you have to remember that 3 producers have apparently worked on this album and in the process each has re-recorded their predecessors work

As a result, this could be the Madgascar from 2001, with Roy Thomas Baker, Bryan, Paul Huge and Buckethead....but not the 2006 version

are you saying there was a 2007 leak of TWAT that i missed?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 09:09:01 AM »

Im wondering this too....

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »

It's Richard Fortus playin the solo, not Buckethead. Listen to the ending and compare to Inland Invasion, it's the same. Buckethead's solo (at least on the version I have) had a slightly different ending. You can also tell by the overall sound. Also, I think, like Better (which had an extended solo at Inland Invasion & HD ad, but not on leaks or European tour) it was worked on in between Euro and American tours.  The version of Madagascar at Inland Invasion, also sounded new, and I think this demo is more representative of that. Whether or not is the final version, I have no idea, but certainly hasn't been mixed or mastered.

As for his voice, remember Axl said he sang November Rain in a way so that everyone could sing it? I think he's using a similiar technique here, you can really hear the sadness in his voice, particularly in the first verse. I think it sounds great.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »

Im wondering this too....

Lol, he's? just saying the vocals in the 2006 leak of TWAT are better than the 2007 leaks of Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:04:12 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Olorin
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 10:10:35 AM »

Do you guys really think that is axl singing?

To be frank, in all the bootlegs of all the shows i have heard in the last 6 years, that is without a doubt the worst I have ever heard him sound singing madagascar. Why would he sound good on all the live shows and shit in the studio? And record and keep it?

I just think it is a cover version by somebody, or at best a cleaned up doctored live recording.

The guitar solo sound like richards 2006 version, whilst the rest of the music sounds like the older version.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »

How did all the other demos get out over the years. There's a ton of Use Your Illusion stuff.

John M. From GNRONTOUR used to have connections with a few of the roadies. That's how most of the early demos got out.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »

i think axl doesn't sound the best, but again, its just a demo, i think the music sounds good though!

Olorin
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20:36 AM »

In fact now I can hear Axl, he sounds like he did at that the VMA's 2002. Out of tune and out of puff.
It sounds really like he did at the vmas.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

^ He's not out of tune at all. Please, don't talk about what you don't know.

It's Richard Fortus playin the solo, not Buckethead. Listen to the ending and compare to Inland Invasion, it's the same. Buckethead's solo (at least on the version I have) had a slightly different ending. You can also tell by the overall sound.
No. Fortus played like Bucket's ending (which is more like the RIR3 version), he tried to emulate Bucket's sound. This recording sounds like Bucket for sure - his style, his licks.

Just because Fortus played live like this doesn't mean it's him on this recording. People keep saying its Richard like he couldn't just reproduce live what Bucket played....

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »

I think he sounds amazing.

Classic rasp, thats for sure ok

I also think Robin's contributions far outweigh Buckethead's, but I realize those are fighting words.. hihi
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:26:16 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2007, 10:25:32 AM »

perhaps someone had a mix of the music and tried then to put a live bootleg of axls vocal mix on the recording?

Olorin
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2007, 10:27:17 AM »

^ He's not out of tune at all. Please, don't talk about what you don't know.

Bite me you tone deaf motherfucker!! rant
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »

It ain't outta tune, and it's not a live track period.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: