Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 09:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio stations refuse to play new material?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio stations refuse to play new material?  (Read 3399 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 25, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »

I was wondering since radio stations were more than willing to play ''BETTER'' and now GNR has put a cease on all airwave play, do you believe that will affect them when a single finally comes out?

Will radio stations refuse to play GNR alot or some at all? I just hope that the decision to pull BETTER has made some radio stations just say forget and pull the plug on the Guns, being the fact they had the first new song in 14 years and was told to stop, I'm feeling as an insult maybe GNR will not get played as much as they should?

Does anyone have any comments or thoughts on this?
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 08:45:05 PM »

I meant to say ''HAS NOT"" meaning hopefully the radio stations will still jam GNR alot and not pull the plug.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:53:36 PM »

Stations are told what to play , not what dj's themselves decide. If GNR will bring in money, they'll play it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:57:43 PM »

Can't we just make one "bullshit speculation" thread and put all this kind of shit in there?

No radio station is gonna refuse to play Gunners music because  they were told to stop giving air time to illegal leaks. I mean sheesh!  Roll Eyes

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »

This evening I decided that I going to McDonalds. Well I didn't feel like driving. So I sat on my ass for a couple of hours. I looked outside and a dense fog had covered everything. I was thinking shit, I don't want to get into a wreck. So I sat on my ass for another hour. Well finally I got motivated and jumped into my car. It was a son of a bitch to see.

So I get to the red light to cross the highway. I could barely fucking see the light. Damn the cars on the highway couldnt see that they had a red light and were running it. So I nudged forward. I couldn't see the cars headlights until the point where it would have been too late. So I said a little prayer and gunned it. Damn I was lucky, I almost got t-boned by a semi. I stopped at the gas station (shell) and fueled up and the radio said that there is a tornado warning for my area. I was like what the fuck?! There is like still a couple of fucking feet of snow on the ground!... This can't get any worse.

Finally I drove a block down the street to McDonalds. The TV inside was flashing a Tornado Watch. Fuck!!! Well I ordered a Quarter Pounder meal. I was like the only person in there. They gave me the burger and told me to sit down, I was like where the fries? There was a ten minute wait on the fries. I was really fucking pissed. But the radio relaxed me because some great fucking music was being played.

Well I ate my burger and made the dangerous trek back home. Damn, everyone is like freaking out about the tornado. So I go on the internet and see this thread. I was like what the fuck?! Then I had to respond. So I started typing, and everyone is really freaking out because the storm is approaching.

God I got gas really bad, from the fast food (slow fries).

To make a long story short... You know a band like Guns N Roses is never going to stop being played, because you can go into a fast food joint and fucking rock out to Paradise City!!! So don't fucking worry... There is so much other shit to worry about besides Music on the radio and fucking Weird Weather Conditions...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:17:11 PM by HellHole » Logged
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »

it took ten minutes for the fries? fast food? unbelievable.

i'd have just walked out.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:03:11 PM »

it took ten minutes for the fries? fast food? unbelievable.

i'd have just walked out.

Yeah, but I paid for them...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 10:10:53 PM »

YES it absolutely can.

Anyone ever watched Metallica's "Some Kind Of Monster"?

Remember they had to do that lame ass radio contest or the station would try to hurt them by  not playing their songs?

Radio stations can be dicks and if Axl pissed them off with those letters, they could try to put him in his place by not playin the songs.

Lets hope not but it is possible.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 10:42:13 PM »

In Argentina, The Radio Aspen has Guns N' Roses as their artists of the month.

They are now playin' Better live

They are now playing a bit of "My Michelle" live with Sebastian Bach

Now IRS
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:47:45 PM by Tatu_GnR » Logged

You really know who's Maradona!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 10:50:42 PM »

This evening I decided that I going to McDonalds. Well I didn't feel like driving. So I sat on my ass for a couple of hours. I looked outside and a dense fog had covered everything. I was thinking shit, I don't want to get into a wreck. So I sat on my ass for another hour. Well finally I got motivated and jumped into my car. It was a son of a bitch to see.

So I get to the red light to cross the highway. I could barely fucking see the light. Damn the cars on the highway couldnt see that they had a red light and were running it. So I nudged forward. I couldn't see the cars headlights until the point where it would have been too late. So I said a little prayer and gunned it. Damn I was lucky, I almost got t-boned by a semi. I stopped at the gas station (shell) and fueled up and the radio said that there is a tornado warning for my area. I was like what the fuck?! There is like still a couple of fucking feet of snow on the ground!... This can't get any worse.

Finally I drove a block down the street to McDonalds. The TV inside was flashing a Tornado Watch. Fuck!!! Well I ordered a Quarter Pounder meal. I was like the only person in there. They gave me the burger and told me to sit down, I was like where the fries? There was a ten minute wait on the fries. I was really fucking pissed. But the radio relaxed me because some great fucking music was being played.

Well I ate my burger and made the dangerous trek back home. Damn, everyone is like freaking out about the tornado. So I go on the internet and see this thread. I was like what the fuck?! Then I had to respond. So I started typing, and everyone is really freaking out because the storm is approaching.

God I got gas really bad, from the fast food (slow fries).

To make a long story short... You know a band like Guns N Roses is never going to stop being played, because you can go into a fast food joint and fucking rock out to Paradise City!!! So don't fucking worry... There is so much other shit to worry about besides Music on the radio and fucking Weird Weather Conditions...
That was quite a story and an enjoyable read.  Thanks for that.  As for radio stations refusing to play new Guns.  As everyone has been saying, NO, that won't happen.  "Better" is not an official release, it's just a demo.  They really shouldn't have played it in the first place.  I could see maybe give the listeners a sneak peek at it or something but to add it to the playlist when it's not the finished product is a little haphazard.  But I guess it shows that there is a demand for it at least.  That's good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 12:45:47 AM »

The fact that so many radio stations were playing the latest leak - they damn well know it's not the "real" thing.  It just shows that they are craving to play new GNR.

When the single gets officially released, that means actual CD discs sent to radio stations (not an MP3 or a file burnt to a CD rom) along with promotional material, you can bet your ass they will play it!  ok
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37:42 AM »

The radio station in Ohio where I live played better a few times and made fun of it each time.  Then people called in between songs and made fun of it, pretty much for the rest of the day.  Radio stations are interested in playing it, in the same way radio stations all over the country played the Kevin Federline leak...that doesnt mean their salivating because they like it.  Theyre salivating because its weird and different and theres a story to it that people would be interested in.  Most of these people want it to do horrible and fail.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47:47 AM »

Radio stations are told what to play.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:34:52 AM »

Radio DJ's have little say so to what they can play. They are given music to play and told they have to play it. So if a new gnr single were to come out they would be pressured into playing it unless they are a independent station, which are few and far between. Some radio dj's are given more freedom than others as to what material may be played in between playing whatever is required by clearchannel or whatever other company the radio station is affliated with.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 04:57:15 AM »

With the exception of a few request shows, most clearchannel stations spin blocks of prerecorded music punctuated by commercials, and announcements...........with intermittant breaks by the DJ, just to preserve the illusion that you are listening to
a live show............

That is the reason god put CD players and bose systems in cars....so you can listen to what warms the little sheckles of your hearts......when you want to hear it.....

And, no it would be commercially stupid to NOT play songs off of a popular album, To boycott it would be equally radio suicide

and might even make the Album MORE popular.......

Remember all the flack off of 2 Live Crew  (showing my age here) and NWA albums?? Probably upped their sales.......

Controversy is good advertising,and the PMRC are a fucking joke........

And in the end, the music speaks for itself anyway, whether broadcast over a radio or through culture (or counterculture!)

Peace!

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 05:17:09 AM »

radio stations get payed to play some singles as part of a promotion, just like mtv gets payed for that.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 05:20:11 AM »

Of course they will play GNR songs. I don?t think the cease and desist letters will have a negative impact as to boycot gnr. Once there is something to promote they will play those songs. Gee,it?s GNR dudes!

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 05:29:33 AM »

Of course they will play GNR songs. I don?t think the cease and desist letters will have a negative impact as to boycot gnr. Once there is something to promote they will play those songs. Gee,it?s GNR dudes!

Yeah, NR but it's another "speculation" theory.......shhhhhhhhhhh!

Everybody knows it's bullshit, but no one seems to care...

W. love

tell the truth from lies..
W
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »

W,I can?t pm you.I?m blocked Huh

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Warchild
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 05:43:14 AM »

W,I can?t pm you.I?m blocked Huh

I fix......give me a minute!!

love