Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166617 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #740 on: February 27, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

I was a little blown away by Better and so haven't listened to TWAT intently untill now.

I've gotta say it's an amazing song and one that could really stick around for many years. I can't stop singing the chorus - that's Axl all over, great vocal melody.

And I do agree with D, the solo's good, can't complain about the playing, but needs a bit more punch - I'm confident it will come out better in the final mix tho.

@#$%Funker
RyanMFGs
Rocker

GN F'N R, MFGs

« Reply #741 on: February 27, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

It's obvious listening to the new songs that Axl is the only one in the band with any creative influence. It's essentialy a solo album. Just by listening you can hear that there's no second or third man with a creative tug and pull like with the original band.

I'm not saying it's bad, because it's surely good... I'm just saying that it's forgettable, and nothing to be excited about.

To think the one you love could hurt ya now, it's a little hard to believe.. but everybody darlin sometimes bites thehand that feeds.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #742 on: February 27, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »

It's obvious listening to the new songs that Axl is the only one in the band with any creative influence. It's essentialy a solo album. Just by listening you can hear that there's no second or third man with a creative tug and pull like with the original band.

I'm not saying it's bad, because it's surely good... I'm just saying that it's forgettable, and nothing to be excited about.

i don`t agree with you on this. it was a collaborative effort....of the entire band ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #743 on: February 27, 2006, 05:21:53 PM »

Wow! You can hear that from listening to a couple of songs! You know who came up with what within the songs!

Amazing ear dude, it must have a cape hanging off it with a big S on it.

@#$%Funker
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #744 on: February 27, 2006, 06:11:24 PM »

^^^I dig how it sounds right now just fine, but knowing its a demo and that they prob will/have made changes to it already just gets me pumped to hear how unreal its going to truly be.  Def my fave of the 3 leaded songs.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #745 on: February 27, 2006, 06:22:11 PM »

TWAT is easily  my favorite song of the demos and It is on par with the great GNR songs of all time.

HOWEVER

The guitar solo is good, dont get me wrong it has its moments, all im sayin is when it needs to be great and really capitalize and push the emotion of the song through the ceiling it doesnt.

the solo is good except for the peak, the climax.

When Axl is screaming "I would've done anything for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

go back and listen, the solo right there has the ability and potential to make u cry, make u scream, make u bang your head against the wall but it doesnt, it stays down low and doesnt do anything there.

this is where they gotta fix it.

Slash's solos were great cause of the way they complimented Axl's vocals and screams.

Axl would scream to one level then Slash would take it over and push u even higher.

On TWAT at the previously stated part, it doesnt do that.

thats being nitpicky cause the song is amazing regardless, but for this song to be on par or better than NR it needs the guitar to truly kick u in the ass during the section I just mentioned.

the solo where it slows down with the piano is good. the wah solo that kicks is is pretty good not great.

But right there on the "I WOULDVE DONE ANYTHING FOR YOU" parts and then the outro "there was a time, didnt wanna know it all, didnt............."

if the guitar would take over with an amazing through the roof melody there, this song could vault right on the heels of estranged.

I personally think the song as a whole is on par with NR, not quite Estranged but NR, a tad bitter of a solo in the places I mentioned would make it very very close to Estranged.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #746 on: February 27, 2006, 06:46:31 PM »

if you had a scom intro and mid solo that song would better,,,,,? ?The middle of nr is just great the first solo outside the church then the second one, then the one at the end, twat doesn't come close in that department guitar wise... That is it's only flaw imo..

slash would have done wonders, afterall estranged was axl's tune and look what he did with that for him
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #747 on: February 27, 2006, 06:47:46 PM »

That demo is up to 4 years old... I am sure the studio version will be perfect.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #748 on: February 27, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »

if you had a scom intro and mid solo that song would better,,,,,   The middle of nr is just great the first solo outside the church then the second one, then the one at the end, twat doesn't come close in that department guitar wise... That is it's only flaw imo..

totally agree

the song as whole though is on par with NR in my opinion but the guitar solo's arent. Its not cause Ive heard NR for 20 years, I knew it from the very first time I heard NR, same as SCOM, same as KOHD.

Those solos were instant classics.

TWAT solo is good in spots but never truly delivers the way it should. Once again playing a thousand notes a second doesnt constitute a great solo.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #749 on: February 28, 2006, 12:45:32 AM »

TWAT solo is good in spots but never truly delivers the way it should. Once again playing a thousand notes a second doesnt constitute a great solo.

Why do you keep saying this?  If anything I thought the TWAT solo was a little bit laid back, I never thought of it as someone "playing a thousand notes a second"... it certainly isn't shredding.

Maybe I need to get both versions of this song, because the one I have doesn't make me think "damn, that solo is being played fast!"  Are the two versions that different?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #750 on: February 28, 2006, 01:17:59 AM »

The part I can't for the fucking lfe of me get out of my head...

There was a time
didn't need to know it all
didnt need to know it all...and I don't need to know it now

---jesus that gets stuck in the head ...

anyone imagine this song live? They can close a show with this. I can imagine a very emotional moment where Axl and the audience chant this part of the song...maybe they will extend this part because of it...its beautiful.

And like how they closed a show with Paradise because of the wicked jamming...they can so easily do with TWAT.

Its an amazingly beautiful thing...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #751 on: February 28, 2006, 01:27:16 AM »

Does anyone else see the potential at the end of the track for orchestration or a great piano ending to coincide with the solo???

I do. Wink
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #752 on: February 28, 2006, 01:34:16 AM »

The part I can't for the fucking lfe of me get out of my head...

There was a time
didn't need to know it all
didnt need to know it all...and I don't need to know it now

---jesus that gets stuck in the head ...

anyone imagine this song live? They can close a show with this. I can imagine a very emotional moment where Axl and the audience chant this part of the song...maybe they will extend this part because of it...its beautiful.

And like how they closed a show with Paradise because of the wicked jamming...they can so easily do with TWAT.

Its an amazingly beautiful thing...

I could imagine that... they could easily have an extended jam on the end of this song to close out a show.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #753 on: February 28, 2006, 01:43:04 AM »

Does anyone else see the potential at the end of the track for orchestration or a great piano ending to coincide with the solo???

I do.

drool You read my mind!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #754 on: February 28, 2006, 02:49:17 AM »

great solo after axl lets the "There was a TIIIIMMMEEEE" line out...WOW best solo I've heard so far.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #755 on: February 28, 2006, 02:57:34 AM »

great solo after axl lets the "There was a TIIIIMMMEEEE" line out...WOW best solo I've heard so far.

I think the irs solo is the best so far... It really makes the songs and takes it over.. beer
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #756 on: February 28, 2006, 02:38:57 PM »

Ok I've listened to this a bunch of times, and I'm convinced that this will be a multi headed hydra of destruction in it's final state. This song is going to be huge.

Another thing that struck me, and maybe I'm crazy but...

I get such a Slash vibe off that end solo Buckethead does (minus some of the effects/shreddy bits). It really makes me think about the GnR sound and how you get the same feeling from the solos in this tune that you do from some of GnR's other Axl-penned tunes. Meaning that Axl's style lends itself well to a certain kind of guitar sound, and I don't see much difference between Bucket's solo at the end of this and some of Slash's guitar work in Estranged, for example.
madagas
« Reply #757 on: February 28, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »

exactly..... beer I do have a problem with the guitars in the first part when they kick in at "it's been a long time for you". They sound way too loud and out of tune. I hope to hell that is not the final mix of the song. Really, the first part would be just fine as a piano ballad with light REAL drums, slight rhythm electric guitar and strings. I love the lyrics but think the melody would be better with the arrangement stripped down a bit. We'll see what shows up on the album. ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #758 on: February 28, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »

I'll say this, if all three new songs were pretty much final cut I would be happy with them all.. They wouldn't be my favorite gnr tunes ever but good enough for me..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #759 on: February 28, 2006, 07:50:02 PM »

The part Buddha is talkin bout is fuckin great.

Ill be watchin TV and start singin that out of nowhere.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: