Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166665 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »

Im not nitpicky though, I mean the song is fuckin brilliant, one of the best Ive heard and I am in love with it but when people say that Slash couldnt think of a solo they are right cause Slash's worst solo is better than TWAT's.

dude, no offense..but you getting to fucking annoying with this...slash this slash that on each of your posts..............Last time I checked, Slash hasn't done worth crap sense he left Axl....so there does you argument.

Now stop crying like a baby and enjoy the music.....and leave Slash out of this...he's no longer in a band!

mygnr tired of you hihi Let the man speak, these are guns n roses fans, it doesn't matter if he's(slash) not in the band today, the man did every great solo in the entire history of gnr so it makes sence being axl uses the name to compare old to new solo wise.. I know you could never understand this being you love to bash anyone who actually mentiones the lead guitarist the world knows from gnr.. So what the man isn't digging the solo, he said he loves the tune.. I think the song rocks personally but I also think the guitar work is on the weaker side.. Better and irs have better guitar work
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

I think Buckethead's tone and style on this solo and much of his other work are much like the arcade game Centipede. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2006, 10:27:49 AM »

i can`t understand how you think that the twat solo isn`t good... i really love it..

and slash had some really great solos, but i don?t think his solos in general are great...

most of his gnr solos are really good, but what he did after gnr wasn?t that great...  it`s five o`clock somewhere is a great record but not because of his solos...  and VR is jsut crap...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #723 on: February 26, 2006, 10:50:19 AM »

mygnr tired of you hihi
rofl rofl That is hilarious. But the truth. That joke might have went over some people's heads, but those of us(you included) that have been stalked from forum to forum and thread to thread know what you mean. ok

Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #724 on: February 26, 2006, 11:05:44 AM »

mygnr tired of you hihi
rofl rofl That is hilarious. But the truth. That joke might have went over some people's heads, but those of us(you included) that have been stalked from forum to forum and thread to thread know what you mean. ok

nah, Mygnrforum got tired of him....that's why he got banned from there!....am surprised Jarmo hasn't boot him from here yet!  hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #725 on: February 26, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »

I disagree younggunner.  Put Axl on VR's album and you have GNR.  I like these new songs, but, they don't really "rock."  I still have yet to hear a nu GNR song that rocks as hard as Slither.  I agree Axl keeps up his end of the bargain, it is the band that does not.
Yes and no. That would have been old GNr type record but it also wouldnt have. Thats why they broke up...Axl doesnt want to just do a CB type album. He wants to do stuff like Better and Madagascar as well. Axl has always been liek that. And thats why I keep saying that no matter whos in the band, old or new, the sound of GNr would have always changed. It would have neevr went back to AFD.

And Better doesnt rock? And the outro to Twat?

as for twat...I disagree with any1 who says that Slash couldnt do a TWAT solo. Thats his type of solo. ANd thats why the TWAT solo fits right in with old GNR. I love it. I love how it builds up and just goes. It gets me so amped up

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #726 on: February 26, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

Do u guys have a version of Twat that I dont?

U all keep sayin how the Twat solo builds and does this and that but to me it doesnt. To me its your standard pretty average solo, nothin memorable or special about it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #727 on: February 26, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »

i can`t understand how you think that the twat solo isn`t good... i really love it..

and slash had some really great solos, but i don?t think his solos in general are great...

most of his gnr solos are really good, but what he did after gnr wasn?t that great...  it`s five o`clock somewhere is a great record but not because of his solos...  and VR is jsut crap...

Im not being negative at all.

TWAT is an amazing song, its one of the best songs Ive heard in the last 10 years BUT AND I REPEAT BUT

Im not a bullshit type of person, I am honest and ill call out those who I think are overstating shit.

when Axl is screaming "I WOULDVE DONE ANYTHING FOR YOUUUUUUUU" if it had a high pitched ass screaming solo to match Axl's intensity it would be incredible but it never takes u to that place.
hopefully it will be rectified on the finished product cause with a Slash-like solo, TWAT could be a classic on the radio for 25 years type of song. right now however, the solo is good in places but when it needs to be great it comes up short.
The entire song of TWAT is AMAZING, great experience, takes me a million places emotionally, I hear it when Im just sittin around watchin TV, I hear it in my head BUT when people say the solo is on par with NR,SCOM,Estranged... thats taking it too far cause it is not that good of a solo.

Its a mediocre solo, thats not being negative, thats being honest. it doesnt take the song to a whole different level like the solos on NR,SCOM etc do.

Not being pro slash, I am very pro axl but I refuse to sit here and let people try to downgrade Slash just to try an prop up a mediocre solo.

That wont happen on my watch. As much as i love Axl, im not gonna shit on Slash in the process.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:55:11 PM by D? » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #728 on: February 26, 2006, 05:05:12 PM »

I think it's a good solo just not a blazing solo... ALmost reminds me at time of the ycbm solo with the bends in a simpler fashion... There's nothing going to town like irs does, it needs that emotional playing with some authority.. Great song but lacks out of the best if you want to use nr coma or estranged solo..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #729 on: February 26, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »

I think it's a good solo just not a blazing solo... ALmost reminds me at time of the ycbm solo with the bends in a simpler fashion... There's nothing going to town like irs does, it needs that emotional playing with some authority.. Great song but lacks out of the best if you want to use nr coma or estranged solo..

I agree

Dont get me wrong the playing overall is good.

Its just when Axl is screaming with so much passion and emotion and venom "I WOULDVE DONE ANYTHING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

In my head I am needing a compliment to that, im just waiting for that guitar to slide up and just fuckin bury me but it doesnt come through

Rest of the solo is good but that one part, i need it to scream with fury to match axl's vocals.

Note: When speaking of Slash Im referring to GNR era, I dont care bout solo shit or VR, this is compared to GNR cause we are talkin bout GNR as a whole.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #730 on: February 26, 2006, 05:22:38 PM »

As it's been said many times before: These are demos. The dynamics of the mix will be different in the final version (for already the fact that it won't be that compressed). It'll change the feeling of the song a lot. Who knows if that'll even be the final solo on the record. I really wouldn't read too much into the demos.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #731 on: February 26, 2006, 05:26:01 PM »

Thats what Im hopin Skeba.

I just had to respond to people's "this is as good as the NR solo comment"

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #732 on: February 26, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »

I agree

Dont get me wrong the playing overall is good.

Its just when Axl is screaming with so much passion and emotion and venom "I WOULDVE DONE ANYTHING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

In my head I am needing a compliment to that, im just waiting for that guitar to slide up and just fuckin bury me but it doesnt come through

Rest of the solo is good but that one part, i need it to scream with fury to match axl's vocals.

Note: When speaking of Slash Im referring to GNR era, I dont care bout solo shit or VR, this is compared to GNR cause we are talkin bout GNR as a whole.
It's a DEMO for christ sake.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #733 on: February 26, 2006, 05:32:42 PM »

Plus there's the fact that we've heard the NR solo a million times. For many years It's in the back of our heads. Some of us know it by heart and could play it in their sleep. This is something new. Something that we haven't gotten so used to. Something that's been out there for about a week.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #734 on: February 26, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »

Thats what Im hopin Skeba.

I just had to respond to people's "this is as good as the NR solo comment"

i hope you didn`t quote my post because of that hihi

i think these new demos are better than the old songs by the way, but slash`s solo were the shit!!

whereas these solos aren`t worse either... it`s a matter of taste i think.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
selliott07
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #735 on: February 26, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »

I agree with this from "D tm": 
 :peace:BUT when people say the solo is on par with NR,SCOM,Estranged... thats taking it too far cause it is not that good of a solo.

Its a mediocre solo, thats not being negative, thats being honest. it doesnt take the song to a whole different level like the solos on NR,SCOM etc do.

Not being pro slash, I am very pro axl but I refuse to sit here and let people try to downgrade Slash just to try an prop up a mediocre solo.

That wont happen on my watch. As much as i love Axl, im not gonna shit on Slash in the process. peace

I do like the song a lot, AND I KNOW its a DEMO, but...  I don't like the part about 54, 55 secs. in where Axl sings "It was a long time for you, it was a long time for me...."  It doesn't fit or mesh with me, seems to go elsewhere - the singing and the music as a whole.

The song is great for "just a DEMO", and I am happy with its potential.  I like the background guitar music while axl sings, but I agree that the solo is OK.  Its good but not on par with an "Estranged" type solo.  It could be there, and I know these guys will tweak things.  I also know this is an unfinished product and look and do keep it in mind when I offer my opinion.  The potential though for this song is great, and hopefully we will look at it in whole - the singing, the solo, everything, the same way we do other "unbelievable" Axl songs!!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #736 on: February 27, 2006, 10:54:12 AM »

Alright I am going to say this again. IRS fucking rocks hard. I wish you guys would stop with the VR comparisons but, as long as you brought up Slither and shit...they are pussy hour next to IRS.

As for TWAT solos...I will reiterate. Around the 5:25 mark on the 6:40 version, the solo has built to reaching a peak and hitting right on the fucking money here. Its awesome. Its really very impressive and kicks much ass. There isnt a solo on VR that even comes close to this. It reminds me of that attacking guitar solo that Slash has in the Garden. I am a fan of this kind of solo and dig TWAT a ridiculous amount. 

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
madagas
« Reply #737 on: February 27, 2006, 11:03:14 AM »

D, seriously, you must not have the 6:43 version because if that Buckethead solo is average, then I must really be missing something. It is absolutely amazing from 4:20 to the end. In my opinion blows November Rain away-and I love the end solo on Nov Rain. Bucket is actually channelling Slash but throws in a little tiny shred to let you know it is him. He does it very quickly then is back to the slower notes. And that little kill switch/red button part of the solo is killer.  peace
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #738 on: February 27, 2006, 11:29:55 AM »

I basically agree. Except I dont think it blows the NR solo away. I think the TWAT solos are right on par with the big SLash solos except maybe Estranged. But Bucket and FInck clearly stepped up an old gnr type solo fo rthis song....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
speed_stone
« Reply #739 on: February 27, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »

I basically agree. Except I dont think it blows the NR solo away. I think the TWAT solos are right on par with the big SLash solos except maybe Estranged. But Bucket and FInck clearly stepped up an old gnr type solo fo rthis song....
i fully agree, the TWAT solo is hauntingly good and gives me shivers just like the old slash solos did.
amazing track, axl is a musical genius so i think this is only a very small taste of what's yet to come.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: