Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166661 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2006, 04:20:49 PM »

I agree 1000 percent dude.

People who are pro axl are gonna prop up these songs and hear whats not there just cause they want this to be better than Slash.

When u listen objectively, Axl's parts are amazing, lyrics,vocals,melodies.

but the guitars arent very good'

the solo's are fast but have little substance.

a million notes doesnt make a great solo.

doesnt matter how fast umove your fingers, it matters what u play.

no memorable solos so far at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »

People who are pro axl are gonna prop up these songs and hear whats not there just cause they want this to be better than Slash.

Saying that makes it seem if other don't agree with tthe way you hear stuff then they are wrong .

It's all an opinion sir.There is no right or wrong .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2006, 04:38:05 PM »

D, we share the same brain when it comes to the guitar and GNR.  Simply amazing!  There is nothing left for me to add.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #703 on: February 25, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »

I agree with these comments. Although TWAT is a good song, it can be great with a Slash solo. I  don't think any guitarist can match up with Slash. He has so much passion in playing that in matches Axl. I think  the two need each other to make OUTSTANDING music.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #704 on: February 25, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »

I think TWAT is fucking epic the way it is, its Axl and this current line up that give it the sound it needs. What I want to know is, is TWAT one of the songs Axl was refering too that it would sound different, or is it one of the ones we'd like?  I mean I think it sounds different and I think its insane, so maybe its a win-win situation.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2006, 04:59:39 PM »

I think "better" is simply amazing, but I'm going nuts becuase I have yet to hear TWAT...sigh.

How many versions are out there?? 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:18:16 PM by bazgnr » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »

I find it funny that you guys are saying Axl is on another level compared to everyone else in GN'R... yet most of the comments on TWAT are that it starts out slow and the last 4 minutes are amazing.  The last 4 minutes are almost all instrumental and the band is what carries that part of the song.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »

I think TWAT suffers what most AXL-written songs have, and thats great verses but with very disapointing and anti-climactic choruses.? Breakdown is a good example of a song that has a terrible chorus that doesn't fit the song, and this does as well.

The lyrics obviously make sense but everything else, including his pitch is completely out of place.? Other than that the song is very good, i wont go out and say its great because it sounds too much like a november rain/estranged copy, meaning its completely unoriginal and if we've waited 13 years for more of the same with random synthesizers and effects thrown in, well i would be kinda pissed.? I wanna see more evolution and less rehashing of what works.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:41:38 PM by RTK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2006, 06:59:46 PM »

Dont get me wrong Timothy, im not tryin to have an elitist attitude and im not sayin u either feel how I feel or u are wrong.

Thing is people who are pro axl are gonna say this is better than anything Slash could do and thats bullshit to me.

Take the Twat solo and compare it to say SCOM.

the thing that makes Slash's solo's so good is the fact they are like making love. He takes u on a ride and it builds and builds and he explodes and just takes u higher and puts the song on a level u didnt think possible.

like SCOM, it starts with the slow individual note thing and then it builds and builds into that huge fuckin solo before the "Where do we go" sections.

take TWAT  it never goes anywhere, the phrasing is bad, the solo isnt melodic its just a bunch of notes put together.

a great solo isnt how fast u play its what u play,how it feels and how it sounds.

what made Slash so special is the fact that his solo's were as melodic as the vocals and that is what seperated GNR from everyone.

the guitar solos were just as singable as the vocal parts were.

not on these songs, the solo's are just a bunch of fast shredding with very little substance and it absolutely doesnt elevate the song to where it could be elevated.

Axl's parts and the overall song is a 9.5 but its missing that solo, that marquee guitar that only Slash can provide.

I have an Axl tattoo on my forearm, I am one of the biggest die hard Axl fans ever, he could  sneeze over a 2 power chord riff and id think it was good but im bein honest, the guitar solo's arent all that and some posters on here have called it NR,Estranged like and opinions are opinions but I think its pretty bias for someone to make a comment like that cause its not on that level.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #709 on: February 25, 2006, 07:38:16 PM »

Dont get me wrong Timothy, im not tryin to have an elitist attitude and im not sayin u either feel how I feel or u are wrong.

Thing is people who are pro axl are gonna say this is better than anything Slash could do and thats bullshit to me.

Take the Twat solo and compare it to say SCOM.

the thing that makes Slash's solo's so good is the fact they are like making love. He takes u on a ride and it builds and builds and he explodes and just takes u higher and puts the song on a level u didnt think possible.

like SCOM, it starts with the slow individual note thing and then it builds and builds into that huge fuckin solo before the "Where do we go" sections.

take TWAT? it never goes anywhere, the phrasing is bad, the solo isnt melodic its just a bunch of notes put together.

a great solo isnt how fast u play its what u play,how it feels and how it sounds.

what made Slash so special is the fact that his solo's were as melodic as the vocals and that is what seperated GNR from everyone.

the guitar solos were just as singable as the vocal parts were.

not on these songs, the solo's are just a bunch of fast shredding with very little substance and it absolutely doesnt elevate the song to where it could be elevated.

Axl's parts and the overall song is a 9.5 but its missing that solo, that marquee guitar that only Slash can provide.

I have an Axl tattoo on my forearm, I am one of the biggest die hard Axl fans ever, he could? sneeze over a 2 power chord riff and id think it was good but im bein honest, the guitar solo's arent all that and some posters on here have called it NR,Estranged like and opinions are opinions but I think its pretty bias for someone to make a comment like that cause its not on that level.

Some people will never get what you are saying.  I do.  I think all the non gnr freaks get it too because they are not so biased.  Just like Brian May said, "Axl is still looking for his replacement for Slash."  Even Brian said Slash couldn't be replaced.  As much as I like Zakk, and he is probably much more technical then Slash, even he couldn't do what Slash can do.  I mean to me, he would be better then anyone else in the Band, but Slash is just a notch higher.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #710 on: February 25, 2006, 07:46:42 PM »

I get what your saying D .

And i agree the guitar work in TWAT isn't the best stuff ever But it's not bad either .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #711 on: February 25, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »

it's like being in a new relationship. i miss the song when i don't listen to it for a couple hours.
i would marry it, if it was a woman Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Steel_Angel
« Reply #712 on: February 25, 2006, 11:12:59 PM »

Now Is it just me or can anyone else Hear an "MSN messenger" ringer during the 34 seconds of twat?Huh
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 11:14:59 PM by Steel_Angel » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #713 on: February 25, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »

the music of TWAT is great, the guitars are good but its the solo.

the solo has no direction.

Im not nitpicky though, I mean the song is fuckin brilliant, one of the best Ive heard and I am in love with it but when people say that Slash couldnt think of a solo they are right cause Slash's worst solo is better than TWAT's.

thats not a knock on Axl but a testament to the genius that Slash is.

At the end of the song when they are doin the together outro chorus thing and Axl is wailing and screaming it is so awesome, so captivating but what is missing to make it even greater? The amazing solo.

Imagine the end of NR without Slash's amazing solo and thats what TWAT is. NR isnt half as good without Slash's solo's and this is where TWAT suffers.

Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #714 on: February 25, 2006, 11:55:11 PM »

Im not nitpicky though, I mean the song is fuckin brilliant, one of the best Ive heard and I am in love with it but when people say that Slash couldnt think of a solo they are right cause Slash's worst solo is better than TWAT's.

dude, no offense..but you getting to fucking annoying with this...slash this slash that on each of your posts..............Last time I checked, Slash hasn't done worth crap sense he left Axl....so there does you argument.

Now stop crying like a baby and enjoy the music.....and leave Slash out of this...he's no longer in a band!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #715 on: February 26, 2006, 03:57:19 AM »

Hey...I don't know what conversation I am interrupting but, I just want to say something....like an update. IRS is still fucking baddass and is still kicking my ass hard. I love this shit.

But let me tell you something about TWAT...I just went somewhere with this. It was a journey. TWAT took me somewhere...music of today doesn't ever do that to me...TWAT. Unreal....

...I get lost in it. Amazing track. It is like a familiar classic track. But its a new GNR song. That is so fucking unbearably cool. Fuck what a mind treat TWAT is...I couldn't have ever dreamed Axl would create music like this. TWAT is operating on another level. Its song perfection. Just beautiful.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #716 on: February 26, 2006, 04:07:20 AM »

Wow just read some bullshit here just now. The guitar solo...you have an issue with that...that's negative? Man, I really hope I am not the only in here...in that zone where you can experience TWAT. That is what it is...an experience. Man, I feel bad for some of you.

The guitar solo is so perfectly fucking the rest of the music, and all build up to that fucking killer shit that is the heart musically (around the 5:25 mark on the uh, 6:40 version), is masterful shit. That is an amazing solo. How do you not feel all that?  Wow that is too bad.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #717 on: February 26, 2006, 05:09:07 AM »

I said after the first time listened to it, this is a tune you have I have to let sink in, there is so much stuff goin on, I can understand people feel or say its messy, hell I thought that 1st listen, but I knew it ws something I had to hear again and really LISTEN, and its basicallly fans of music or fans of a band that will take that time to listen, but I also think that when its polished and mastered it will truly show the magnificance of this tune ..............THERE WAS A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #718 on: February 26, 2006, 05:14:51 AM »

unless twat is a raaio single I think it may get overlooked.... Better was one of those songs it took one listen.. I remember in 93 estranged was one of those types and it didn't do so hot on mtv .. Sure  it was too long especially after people were geting tired of big ballads and november rain was done before it plus the switch to grunge.. Just estranged took a bunch of listens, and I feel twat will be the same, not everyone is going to give this tune 10 listens to get everything unless they were waiting for material like us.. Very few bands would I work this hard for, a lot of people go by first impressions..
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #719 on: February 26, 2006, 05:27:31 AM »

I totally agree, thats why when I heard it the first time I was chatting with a friend, and said this is one I have to digest so to speak, .............THE meal has been good...still missing the desert..lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: