Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166736 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #680 on: February 24, 2006, 10:55:58 PM »

there is a 6:43 version? I dont have it.

thing that made GNR Great was, u had these amazing riffs, great lyrics and vocals, great grooves and the guitar solo's just broke u through to the highest level possible. the guitar solo was like the orgasm.

On these new GNR songs, there is no build up, its like premature ejaculation, the solo's are like a bunch of angry bees,

someone playing a million notes a second doesnt impress me. the melody and emotion just isnt there for me during the TWAT solo's. it sounds like someone running through a bunch of scales in my opinion.

I disagree... I find that the song builds up to the huge ending, with guitar solos and the "I would do everything for you" Axl singing. It's pretty fuckin good for a demo.

My apologies, I got a better version and this version kicks fuckin ass. i guess the quality of the one I had took away from the energy and excitement.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #681 on: February 24, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »

finally.. Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #682 on: February 25, 2006, 02:55:55 AM »

this song is simply put a masterpiece, nothing less. it displays axl's amazing songwriting skills to the fullest. this song will probably stand the test of time and be appreciated for generations to come, and what we've heard is just a demo! the solo in this song is undescribable, it left me with goosebumps, and the melody line, the arrangements and the lyrics screams guns n' roses epic. amazing track, it's stuff like this that will silence axl's critics and make us fans even prouder to have stuck by his side for all these years. beer pure magic.
word by word, this post is perfect. absolutly agree with you.  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #683 on: February 25, 2006, 06:33:33 AM »

anyone think twat might be the actual studio song... *runs n hides* being no one knows how it's supposed to sound... Maybe it's not heavy with drums, more effects
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #684 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:47 AM »

I love the version I have, and when I play it on my head
phones, and on my THX speakers, it sounds amazing.......so I dunno.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #685 on: February 25, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »

Well I guess we can continue the longtime struggle between UYI and AFD fans with TWAT. For those who loved AFD, this is definetely not Gunners from 1987 anymore. For those who loved UYI more than AFD this is a worthy sucessor of epic songs like Estranged and November Rain.

I always liked the monumental epic style of the big guns on the UYI albums and TWAT is definetely a big gun. At first it took me a little while to get into the song, but now I can not get it out of my head anymore. The song grows in itself in time. I like Axl`s voice, I love the lyrics, I like the orchestra and I definetely love the long guitar solos towards the ending. Compared to IRS this is a very complex and maybe difficult song.

To all those complaining that this song has not the "emotion" anymore: I think this song has a lot of sadness and yearning in it. And you must be deaf not to hear that. I also think that the guitar play is very emotional which surprised me very much. If this is Buckethead playing....I really thought that he couldn`t do it....

Personally I am glad about the "new" Guns n Roses. Really: I love Slash`s guitar play, but VR is definetely stuck at 1987, but without the danger in Axl`s voice and the revolutionary movement, but the obvious anger about everything and nuthin by Mr. Weiland and the failing of producing songs that are not simply loud.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #686 on: February 25, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »

Axls energy, anger,defiance, attitude and everythig else has gone into making songs he wants not talking abut it on the actual song...and that my friends is the reason why gnr is still gnr and vr are no where close to old gnr.

the musical spirit of gnr still lives! The sounds sound different but the spirit is still the same
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 11:13:00 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
88 Days
« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »

this song is simply put a masterpiece, nothing less. it displays axl's amazing songwriting skills to the fullest. this song will probably stand the test of time and be appreciated for generations to come, and what we've heard is just a demo! the solo in this song is undescribable, it left me with goosebumps, and the melody line, the arrangements and the lyrics screams guns n' roses epic. amazing track, it's stuff like this that will silence axl's critics and make us fans even prouder to have stuck by his side for all these years. beer pure magic.
word by word, this post is perfect. absolutly agree with you.? ok
thanx for the kind words. ok
shaun
« Reply #688 on: February 25, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

Of all the big songs on the UYI albums i prefer Estranged and Locamotive most of all. I was never really into November Rain, it's one of the songs that gets played too much). Coma is good, although i only really like the song from the middle to the end. I simply don't have the patience to wade though the first half, way too dragged out for my liking, which brings me convienetly onto T.W.A.T. Boring intro, slow, boring, but half way though the song is amazing and feels like it's about to end, and it don't end, it keeps on going and going and going  beer  and the end is so suited to Slash (too bad)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:16:15 PM by D0badog » Logged
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

all im gonna say is
AWESOME
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »

I have a 5:50 version that someone told me isn't supposed to exist...they told me the only ones out there are 6:01 and 6:43?? Well the first TWAT I downloaded was 5:50. I'm just curious if anyone else has this. It seems the solo is just shorter.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2006, 03:30:59 PM »

If you have it, I presume it exists in some form. Maybe a fan cut it, or maybe it leaked before the 6:01 did. I'm not sure.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #692 on: February 25, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

It's not a fan cut.

I'd post a link but I don't think the mods want me to.

PM me if you want it.
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #693 on: February 25, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »

Your 5:50 version would be the same as the 6:01 TWAT. On the 6:01 file, the song doesn't start until a few seconds in, and it also has some silence at the end of the track.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #694 on: February 25, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »

Axls energy, anger,defiance, attitude and everythig else has gone into making songs he wants not talking abut it on the actual song...and that my friends is the reason why gnr is still gnr and vr are no where close to old gnr.

the musical spirit of gnr still lives! The sounds sound different but the spirit is still the same

I disagree younggunner.  Put Axl on VR's album and you have GNR.  I like these new songs, but, they don't really "rock."  I still have yet to hear a nu GNR song that rocks as hard as Slither.  I agree Axl keeps up his end of the bargain, it is the band that does not.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #695 on: February 25, 2006, 03:55:59 PM »

In defense though Smoking Guns, these songs dont "rock" cause they arent rockers.

We have got access to the epic type stuff so far.

this doesnt mean there wont be any old school kick ass rock tracks though.

it would be the equivolent of getting NR,Estranged and Dont Cry leaked before Use your illusions.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #696 on: February 25, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

In defense though Smoking Guns, these songs dont "rock" cause they arent rockers.

We have got access to the epic type stuff so far.

this doesnt mean there wont be any old school kick ass rock tracks though.

it would be the equivolent of getting NR,Estranged and Dont Cry leaked before Use your illusions.

Good point D ok  But, at the end of NR, it rocks, Slash's main riff in Estranged, rocks, in Don't Cry, Slash's solo rocks.  Hell, I can't tell you what the guitar riffs are.  The only time you hear them is when where is a solo, or else you get some powerchords.  I can't wistle the solo's like you can on NR.  I like what Axl is doing, but he needs the old guys to make a complete package.  Like Better and stupid ass liquid sounding shit that sounds like a machine sucking your brain out.  It adds NOTHING to the song.  why not have a cool little drum fill or guitar fill.  Maybe I am just nuts.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #697 on: February 25, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »

I'll have to disagree.....Better rocks way harder than anything on Contraband. That middle section is just so fuckin heavy, then Axl's voice just tops it off. Takes it to the next extreme. TWAT is defiantely reminiscant to a UYI tune, love it.  Cant get over these two songs. I'm either listening to them, or I have them stuck in my head.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #698 on: February 25, 2006, 04:08:42 PM »

Ok, think of this

what if Loving The Alien and YGNR were the songs that leaked off CB.

we'd be saying "this aint Rock"

Just keep in mind there are probably 10-12 songs we havent heard.  I am confident there will be some kick ass rock tracks.

keep in mind that as good as Bucket is, he isnt Slash.

Slash dude is probably a top 5 greatest guitarist of all time, his riffs and melodies arent something u can replace.

So if u cant duplicate or replace, u go in a different direction.

People have this belief that classic riffs and solos are easy to create and just cause u are a guitar virtuoso u should have no problem doing so but this isnt true.

A guitar virtuoso can play scales, notes, chords, super fast without mistakes.

but it takes a true GENIUS to create the memorable riffs,solo's guitar fills etc Slash did.

Slash is missed on these demos.

the songs are great, the guitar playing is OK.

I still dont think the solo in TWAT is all that great.

the song kicks ass but the guitar work is pretty marginal.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #699 on: February 25, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »

Ok, think of this

what if Loving The Alien and YGNR were the songs that leaked off CB.

we'd be saying "this aint Rock"

Just keep in mind there are probably 10-12 songs we havent heard.? I am confident there will be some kick ass rock tracks.

keep in mind that as good as Bucket is, he isnt Slash.

Slash dude is probably a top 5 greatest guitarist of all time, his riffs and melodies arent something u can replace.

So if u cant duplicate or replace, u go in a different direction.

People have this belief that classic riffs and solos are easy to create and just cause u are a guitar virtuoso u should have no problem doing so but this isnt true.

A guitar virtuoso can play scales, notes, chords, super fast without mistakes.

but it takes a true GENIUS to create the memorable riffs,solo's guitar fills etc Slash did.

Slash is missed on these demos.

the songs are great, the guitar playing is OK.

I still dont think the solo in TWAT is all that great.

the song kicks ass but the guitar work is pretty marginal.

D, I think you speak for the masses on this one and this is were I was eventually going to go with this.  You are saying exactly what I feel.  In loving the alien though, Slash's solo is very very tasteful and fits perfect.  See, I like what Axl is doing and i like his creativity, but he is on such a higher level compared to his band mates.  Slash kept Axl in Check and could hold his own to match Axl's tremendous vocals.  Bucket cannot.  Fink cannot.  In that same sense, Weiland's vocals really can't match Slash's guitars.  Which at the end of the day, only one front man and only one guitarist were made for Axl and Slash.  They were put on this planet to rock our world together.  Just like Page and Plant.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: