Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166823 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #640 on: February 23, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »

on contraband there isn`t even one real solo no

not to speak of a great solo.....slash needed axl ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
SLCPUNK
« Reply #641 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:49 PM »

Well, after a solid however long it's been of listening to TWAT, I can actually say,

jesus fucking christ.

The novelty of a clean IRS is wearing off (I played the shite version to death...), listening to an incomplete Better is frustrating, because it's so good, but TWAT...

It seriously just gets better. The solo is so full of emotion, so well written and proves a point that went right over Smoking Guns head...

Slash could play it? So fucking what. Well done Slash. That doesn't mean that he could have written it. I'm sorry, but the TWAT solo is better than anything I've heard from Slash in the last...I don't know how many years.

The composition of the last three minutes is insane, and the fact that this is only a demo...........

It's gonna BLOW UP!!!

HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!!!!!
madagas
« Reply #642 on: February 23, 2006, 03:57:44 PM »

Seriously, I may not buy the album if Bucket is taken off of twat. I would be that angry. Sounds to me like he is the main influence on every song out of these three leaks. Slipdisc, at least we got these demos.? Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 04:02:07 PM by madagas » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #643 on: February 23, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/tracks/06-02-21.shtml

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #644 on: February 23, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »

Everyone is just going crazy over this guitar playing (that sounds kind of like the outro to Novemeber Rain) is getting annoying.  First of all, you don't need bucket to play that.  It is not that hard.  Hell, Slash could play that very, very easy.  Acutually the last 4 seconds of the solo is fast.  But anyway, the more I listen to this song, the less I like it.  It is good.  Not as good as Breakdown.  Not as good as Estranged.  Not as good as NR. Hell, I think You Got No Right from VR is better.  I know everyone talks about the "soul," or "emotion" this song has.  I mean, Smashing Pumpkins did this back in the mid 90's with Simease Dream.  Nothing new hear.  Not enough guitar. Not riff based enough.  Again, I like the song, but musically it does nothing for me.  At times the lyrics are awesome.  At other times kind of lame and repetitive like "Fall to Peices" can be.  Right now I can name songs by focking Silvertide that are better then this new GNR stuff.  I don't know.  I just don't know.  I like some of this, but, then again, in the big picture, TWAT will not stand the test of time to me. I all are just excited cause it is new and because it is Axl.  This song may be really buthered when he tries to sing it live.  Could be bad.  Raspy won't work on this type of song.  I hope I am wrong.  But there is No Rock to Axl's Roll.

I gotta listen to this a few more times.

Guitar solo to me is above average

i dont rank it on par with NR or Estranged.

However, I think with more listens i will truly appreciate it.

It took me a few months to really appreciate "Estranged"

Im kinda disappointed in the guitar playin though...

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Brufri
« Reply #645 on: February 23, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »

First the song lacks a good intro. The first and second verses are amazing, very UYI era, but the very weak chorus bring the quality of the song down. Also the last 3 minutes are way repetitive. Overall it has a great potential but needs some decent work and changes.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #646 on: February 23, 2006, 08:37:06 PM »

This is without a shadow of a doubt the best of the leaked tracks. How anyone can say there's not enough guitar in this I do not know! Guitar dominates the last couple of minutes of the song and it is some of the most beautiful playing I have heard in years. I'm sorry but I dont think Slash is capable of that sort of playing anymore.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #647 on: February 23, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »

This is without a shadow of a doubt the best of the leaked tracks. How anyone can say there's not enough guitar in this I do not know! Guitar dominates the last couple of minutes of the song and it is some of the most beautiful playing I have heard in years. I'm sorry but I dont think Slash is capable of that sort of playing anymore.

I dont know about the Slash comment, but the rest of your post is dead on.  I love this song.  Classic GNR.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #648 on: February 23, 2006, 08:41:57 PM »

I love new GNR but Slash shits all over that solo.

Dude playing a million notes doesnt make a solo great.

great thing about Slash's solo's were they took u to a higher place in the song, they broke through that ceiling, they made u pick up a bat and bust your room up.

the solo at the end of twat is technically great and fast etc etc

but I just dont feel it in my body.

thats me being honest.

88 Days
« Reply #649 on: February 23, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »

great thing about Slash's solo's were they took u to a higher place in the song, they broke through that ceiling, they made u pick up a bat and bust your room up.

thats me being honest.
no offense but then there's something wrong with you, the TWAT solo is mindblowing, best thing i have heard since use your illusion. it litterally gave me goosebumps. even i didn't dare to dream axl's new group would be this good. it's not just good though, it's great. pure greatness. simply mindblowing.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #650 on: February 23, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

i agree with that

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #651 on: February 23, 2006, 08:49:48 PM »

thats me being honest.

See I DO feel it in my body, it gives me chills man! And i'm not hating on Slash's previous work with Guns cos we all know how great that is, i'm just saying his more recent stuff hasn't been as great. The only solo's on CB that really hit me were on 'Slither' and 'Loving The Alien'.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #652 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »

Maybe Im just not hearing what u all are hearing.

Now CB solo's arent very good but when people start comparin this to SCOM,NR etc etc  thats bold statements.

dont hear it yet but I still gotta listen to it some more.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #653 on: February 23, 2006, 09:06:09 PM »

Maybe Im just not hearing what u all are hearing.

Now CB solo's arent very good but when people start comparin this to SCOM,NR etc etc  thats bold statements.

dont hear it yet but I still gotta listen to it some more.

You can def compare some guitar parts in TWAT to Estranged (As you ole pal HannaHat did BEFORE all the lousy articles came out doing the same - sorry, shamless plug, but I am proud of myself for that one haha).  I agree with the dudes above...some parts of TWAT make your heart stop, they are very powerful and emotional -- thats the comparison I'm making.  Not comparing Slash to BH or anything dumb like that, comparing the haunting sound of the music, thats all. 

TWAT gets the Estranged comparison right around the 2:35ish as far as i'm concerned....its not speed guitar, just really powerful stuff.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 09:09:43 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #654 on: February 23, 2006, 09:07:35 PM »

I need to hear this at a higher quality I guess.

the version I got doesnt play real loud on my MP3 player.

I havent given up on this though, ill give it a hundred chances if i have to.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #655 on: February 23, 2006, 09:21:09 PM »

I wasn't diggin TWAT a the first listen ,But the more I hear the song the more I love it .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #656 on: February 23, 2006, 09:25:40 PM »

forget the "technical" apsects of the TWat solos....i think they are just emotionally amazing...how can any1 not think the TWAT solo arent up to old gnr standards...they are right there imo....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #657 on: February 23, 2006, 09:43:36 PM »

so is better about slash and the old gnr?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2006, 10:53:59 PM »

The Better solo KICKS ASS

Sorry though, Ive listened to TWAT about 10 times, I love the song but that guitar solo just isnt anything special in my opinion.

Im not hearing the melodic emotional stuff some of u are.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #659 on: February 24, 2006, 12:01:24 AM »

Of course.  All of the new songs are.   ok

forget the "technical" apsects of the TWat solos....i think they are just emotionally amazing...how can any1 not think the TWAT solo arent up to old gnr standards...they are right there imo....

Ditto... I feel bad for D not being able to pick up on that vibe.  The Better solos don't do much for me... I'm not even sure if the whole song does anything for me.  TWAT on the other hand was just what I needed to hear to remain interested in the CD.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: