Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 166819 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2006, 10:11:38 PM »

don't get dissapointed after hearing it the first time. it's going to take a few more listens,and after that you won't be able to stop listening to that song. i'm still going crazy everytime i hear it. the last three mins of that song are the best thing i hear in music for 10 years.. incredible.. and bucketheads solo is just godlike...so emotional

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2006, 10:34:15 PM »

I'm so happy for D...seriously, this will stand with Estranged and November Rain in all-time GNR great epics.  That's why I posted within a day of listening, asking the question, "was this Part III of the IV part trilogy?  I don't think anyone answered.  I guess folks are waiting for This I Love.  Soooo fucking awesome.   love   Polished up, this thing will move the world.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #622 on: February 22, 2006, 10:55:47 PM »

I'm so happy for D...seriously, this will stand with Estranged and November Rain in all-time GNR great epics.?
D should have just got the links from someone before reading all the 'its better than NR-Estranged, in fact its the best song ever!!' comments. It doesn't hold up to that standard. You cant call a demo better than a polished work of material that took years and hard work to make it so and call yourself unbiased. Sure, TWAT has potential. But you cant hold it up to grade A quality tracks from previous albums.

P.S. This is just an observation on general comments I've seen about the song. Not really meant as a jibe against you, Axl4prez. peace

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2006, 11:05:42 PM »

I'm so happy for D...seriously, this will stand with Estranged and November Rain in all-time GNR great epics.?
D should have just got the links from someone before reading all the 'its better than NR-Estranged, in fact its the best song ever!!' comments. It doesn't hold up to that standard. You cant call a demo better than a polished work of material that took years and hard work to make it so and call yourself unbiased. Sure, TWAT has potential. But you cant hold it up to grade A quality tracks from previous albums.

P.S. This is just an observation on general comments I've seen about the song. Not really meant as a jibe against you, Axl4prez. peace

I don't think anyone has said it's better than those songs, but it is certainly up there with them.
I think everyone knows that this is only a demo, but damn, if this song is that good in demo form, the complete version will be up there with the aforementioned GN'R classics.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2006, 11:08:13 PM »

I don't think anyone has said it's better than those songs
Trust me. Quite a few have. Just read the various TWAT and demos threads.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #625 on: February 22, 2006, 11:08:55 PM »

D, if you give TWAT half the leeway you've given my songs, you're gonne be blown away.  Trust me.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #626 on: February 22, 2006, 11:27:36 PM »

Everyone is just going crazy over this guitar playing (that sounds kind of like the outro to Novemeber Rain) is getting annoying.  First of all, you don't need bucket to play that.  It is not that hard.  Hell, Slash could play that very, very easy.  Acutually the last 4 seconds of the solo is fast.  But anyway, the more I listen to this song, the less I like it.  It is good.  Not as good as Breakdown.  Not as good as Estranged.  Not as good as NR. Hell, I think You Got No Right from VR is better.  I know everyone talks about the "soul," or "emotion" this song has.  I mean, Smashing Pumpkins did this back in the mid 90's with Simease Dream.  Nothing new hear.  Not enough guitar. Not riff based enough.  Again, I like the song, but musically it does nothing for me.  At times the lyrics are awesome.  At other times kind of lame and repetitive like "Fall to Peices" can be.  Right now I can name songs by focking Silvertide that are better then this new GNR stuff.  I don't know.  I just don't know.  I like some of this, but, then again, in the big picture, TWAT will not stand the test of time to me. I all are just excited cause it is new and because it is Axl.  This song may be really buthered when he tries to sing it live.  Could be bad.  Raspy won't work on this type of song.  I hope I am wrong.  But there is No Rock to Axl's Roll.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #627 on: February 22, 2006, 11:52:40 PM »

done.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »

I don't think anyone has said it's better than those songs
Trust me. Quite a few have. Just read the various TWAT and demos threads.

JamesLofton, Metallex was right, I never said it was better than NR or Estranged.  It's a demo version...that I think you'd admit has monster potential.  Wink  No offense taken.

I think most everyone here has heard the demos for November Rain...demos really don't tell us a damn thing other than potential.  I'd still love to hear a demo of Estranged.  Oh well.  Rock on folks!   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

Everyone is just going crazy over this guitar playing (that sounds kind of like the outro to Novemeber Rain) is getting annoying.? First of all, you don't need bucket to play that.? It is not that hard.? Hell, Slash could play that very, very easy.? Acutually the last 4 seconds of the solo is fast.? But anyway, the more I listen to this song, the less I like it.? It is good.? Not as good as Breakdown.? Not as good as Estranged.? Not as good as NR. Hell, I think You Got No Right from VR is better.? I know everyone talks about the "soul," or "emotion" this song has.? I mean, Smashing Pumpkins did this back in the mid 90's with Simease Dream.? Nothing new hear.? Not enough guitar. Not riff based enough.? Again, I like the song, but musically it does nothing for me.? At times the lyrics are awesome.? At other times kind of lame and repetitive like "Fall to Peices" can be.? Right now I can name songs by focking Silvertide that are better then this new GNR stuff.? I don't know.? I just don't know.? I like some of this, but, then again, in the big picture, TWAT will not stand the test of time to me. I all are just excited cause it is new and because it is Axl.? This song may be really buthered when he tries to sing it live.? Could be bad.? Raspy won't work on this type of song.? I hope I am wrong.? But there is No Rock to Axl's Roll.

In all honesty, I don't agree with you at all.

I've listened to the 3 new demos that have popped up quite allot over the last week, and while IRS and Better have started to wear off on me, TWAT still sounds great.
I know music is subjective to the listener and all, but I still really think it's a great song, and I think the music and vocals are good too. Mind you this IS only a demo, so there is room for improvement, but I already see it as a classic.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2006, 12:27:27 AM »

metallex, i too like the song. I just don't know if we are blinded by the light.  It is just so 70's sounding but with modern beats.  I do like it, i really do.  Just don't know if it is NR legendary, or more like yesterdays.  Yesterdays was a hit, but no classic.  I don't know, I hope I am wrong.  If it just had a stonger riff or solo it would be better, that is all.  Very elton johnish.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2006, 12:30:01 AM »

I think it may be too "smart," "complex", and "poetic" for the average fan of music to understand.  Kind of like Snakepit one that was critically acclaimed but didn't take off on the charts or anything.  not saying Snakepit is as good as this, just saying sometimes it is more then just great music.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2006, 12:35:21 AM »

To me the riff is in the piano melody, and the guitar parts are simply complimentimg or accenting that. The guitar solo is simple in parts too, but sometimes the simplest melodies work best.

hubble
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2006, 01:28:21 AM »

Got a listen to this one also last night. One thing I have to say it was one I knew immediatly I needed to hear a bunch of times, has so many layers and intricate things happening. If I wanst a guns fan or maybe just a causal listener of music, I might easily toss it off. To me this isnt near single kinda product.

BUt I do think if this were to be on the album, and polished up, it could potentially become one of the most beloved GNR tunes by people who really love this band as I do.

I am now your satelite, and watchng from every angle.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2006, 03:46:01 AM »

All posts requesting songs via pm, will also be deleted.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2006, 04:26:56 AM »

Incredible song.  I really hope both this and Madagascar make the final album.  The first time I heard both of these songs I got chills.  TWAT is incredibly moody and really captures that classic GNR sound for me while still managing to remain relevant twenty years since that sound dominated the airwaves.

Lord...Ive never been so excited for a record release. (Lets not jinx this)
BD888
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #636 on: February 23, 2006, 11:39:30 AM »

They need to change the Buckethead outro solo, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the song.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #637 on: February 23, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »

What???  I just heard that there is an 'extended' version of TWAT, around 6:49...  Is this true?  Just trying to confirm this information...

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #638 on: February 23, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

Hell, Slash could play that very, very easy.

That?s right and when it freezes more then a hundred degrees Celsius we all can walk to London!! Really, who are you kiddin??

All in all that whole post smells a little too much like the 80's, enriched with some positive notes too camouflage it's high degree of bias.

Done.

-PEACE-

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #639 on: February 23, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »

Well, after a solid however long it's been of listening to TWAT, I can actually say,

jesus fucking christ.

The novelty of a clean IRS is wearing off (I played the shite version to death...), listening to an incomplete Better is frustrating, because it's so good, but TWAT...

It seriously just gets better. The solo is so full of emotion, so well written and proves a point that went right over Smoking Guns head...

Slash could play it? So fucking what. Well done Slash. That doesn't mean that he could have written it. I'm sorry, but the TWAT solo is better than anything I've heard from Slash in the last...I don't know how many years.

The composition of the last three minutes is insane, and the fact that this is only a demo...........

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: