Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 167339 times)
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2006, 06:50:46 AM »

the "normal" version is fine, can't judge the longer version 'cos i don't have it

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2006, 06:51:23 AM »

has twat been making attention in public already? radio stations? magazines??

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
JDRM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2006, 06:55:29 AM »

the start sounds like an eminem song nervous

Im not liking it at the moment....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2006, 06:58:39 AM »

the start sounds like an eminem song nervous
Why do you say that? Im not an Eminem fan, but some of my young cousins listen to him, and I have never heard him do anything like that.

scott1975
Opening Act

D.T.U.D

« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2006, 07:09:47 AM »

Hi

Can someone please send me a link to TWAT.  Gunner from New Zealnd who was asleep at the wheel peace  Damm time zones!

Thanks heaps
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2006, 07:13:42 AM »

Don't anyone dare try to send me a link of the extended TWAT track.   Wink

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2006, 07:14:05 AM »

I love it. I think it sounds amazing.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2006, 07:18:36 AM »

To the guys who pm'ed the song...thank you, you know who you are ?ok

Now, I've already heard the song 4 times in a row. It's good, Not a amazing, or earth-shattering, but it makes me want to hear more.

I kinda have the same feelings with the three leaked songs. I like them all, but I'm not completely into the songs yet. Doesn't any of you feel the chorus on the three songs don't level up with the verses? I think the verse part of the songs are much better than the chorus, specially in Better and TWAT. When I played those songs, the first thing that came to my mind was, "boy, this is gonna be huge, the verse is superb", but then the chorus kicks in and it's not just as good. Maybe it's just me, but so far the choruses have let me down a bit.

Other than that, the songs are great. I'm excited about the new songs, can't wait to get an announcement soon.
shaun
« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2006, 07:23:51 AM »

[too lazy to read 18 pages of comments] - sorry if this is a re post but...

How many leaks of There was a Time are there? only i have 2. One is 6.00 and the other 6.42 and i cannot tell the difference between them. Maybe it's a fault with Winamp.

about TWAT. Well, it has the strongest guitar parts of all the leaks  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »

Now, I've already heard the song 4 times in a row. It's good, Not a amazing, or earth-shattering, but it makes me want to hear more.

I kinda have the same feelings with the three leaked songs. I like them all, but I'm not completely into the songs yet. Doesn't any of you feel the chorus on the three songs don't level up with the verses? I think the verse part of the songs are much better than the chorus, specially in Better and TWAT. When I played those songs, the first thing that came to my mind was, "boy, this is gonna be huge, the verse is superb", but then the chorus kicks in and it's not just as good. Maybe it's just me, but so far the choruses have let me down a bit.

Other than that, the songs are great. I'm excited about the new songs, can't wait to get an announcement soon.
Yeah, you make good points. Nothing we've heard is "earth shattering". But the Big Guns haven't been unleashed yet, so I'm sure the earth can still be shattered. As far as all the lyrics go, IRS is the weakest of the three. I like the paranoid vibe of the song, but he repeats himself way too many times. How many fucking times is he gonna call the IRS? hihi Lyrics need an overhaul, or he should just scrap it. Put that BH solo on another song.

SADIS
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »

People here talk about "Better" as if there's a full version....what's up with that?
shaun
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2006, 07:31:41 AM »

One thing i did notice, TWAT has those *backwards sounds in there like Better has.

*sounds being played backwards
shaun
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2006, 07:37:17 AM »

Having listend to TWAT 4 times now, i'm really liking it. That has to be Bucket on guitar towards the end. I'm not so much liking the slow pace of the song, although the guitar work i'm loving  ok
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:50 AM »

i agree with you that the choruses arent as strong as the verses...I like twat the best out of the three, it sounds like a song the album would finish off with

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
makane
Legend

« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »

Wow, first impression, really good. i've just listened it for like 3 times, can't really make an opinion about it yet. gotta push the play few more times.
in 0:53 - 1:07 you can really hear it's a demo, really messy sound. after that part, comes one of my favourite parts  Smiley

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2006, 07:59:36 AM »

I'm hoping that TWAT will grow on me, right now it's the song that I'm least impressed by.  Maybe it's just been too built up for me, but I was expecting something huge, and I just hasn't struck me as a huge song yet, or a "Big Gun" ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
conny
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2006, 08:12:53 AM »

I don't know who played the middle part of the huge solo towards the end, but that part where the wha-wha melts into that chromatic scale is UNREAL!
makane
Legend

« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »

I don't know who played the middle part of the huge solo towards the end, but that part where the wha-wha melts into that chromatic scale is UNREAL!
At what time? X:XX

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2006, 08:31:57 AM »

Why do I get the sense that this will be the last track on Chinese Democracy? It's got the finality about it smoking

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
SADIS
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2006, 08:34:49 AM »

I like the new songs but what I don't like is the "computer" influence.....I hope it's more basic production on the final product.....just guitars and no computer drums.....
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: