Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 168411 times)
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2006, 02:34:55 AM »

This is off topic, but the coolest thing about all this(besides the music) is that the entire fanbase seems to be united. It was fractured, and there were alot of vendettas,grudges,etc. among quite a few members here. Shit, over the past few days I have shared this stuff with people I never thought I would talk to again, and I'm sure you guys have as well. The past is in the past. We all share the same hopes and dreams, and are united once and for all. We are now an army of one! beer

naw

I'm pretty sure the lifetime rivalry between us is still as strong as ever. ?Tongue
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2006, 02:37:29 AM »

Fuck..just heard this...holy shit...its fuckin brilliant..this will be a classic. and its only a demo.

Its really intresting musically, this is gonna be up there with estranged..Looks like UNcle Axl is really gonna deliver the goods.

and again holy shit.. thanks and kudos to the leaker!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2006, 02:43:34 AM »

Much deeper than old GNR.

Much deeper than anything VR has done. CD is gonna be really good!!!!!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2006, 02:47:41 AM »

Much deeper than anything VR has done. CD is gonna be really good!!!!!!

I would sure hope so given that it took about 10 more years and 13 million more dollars than Contraband did. Let's not lose sight of that. It's not like Axl walked into a studio and 6 weeks later we had these songs.

The songs thus far have about met, fell slightly short of what I was hoping for. No doubt he can write a ballad type song but still waiting to hear a true rock song.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2006, 02:53:50 AM »

I would sure hope so given that it took about 10 more years and 13 million more dollars than Contraband did. Let's not lose sight of that. It's not like Axl walked into a studio and 6 weeks later we had these songs.

CONGRATS TO NAUPIS...HES THE FIRST TO THROW OUT THE 13MIL 1O YRS GARBAGE

come on down and collect your ticket to know1 caresland..enjoy
 beer

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2006, 02:56:38 AM »

This is off topic, but the coolest thing about all this(besides the music) is that the entire fanbase seems to be united. It was fractured, and there were alot of vendettas,grudges,etc. among quite a few members here. Shit, over the past few days I have shared this stuff with people I never thought I would talk to again, and I'm sure you guys have as well. The past is in the past. We all share the same hopes and dreams, and are united once and for all. We are now an army of one! beer

naw

I'm pretty sure the lifetime rivalry between us is still as strong as ever.  Tongue

not only lifetime, but ridiculous hihi     but hey  james can?t take it back..........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2006, 03:12:31 AM »

naw

I'm pretty sure the lifetime rivalry between us is still as strong as ever.? Tongue

not only lifetime, but ridiculous hihi? ? ?but hey? james can?t take it back..........
I cant??? nervous You mean I cant contradict myself like former members of GNR?? hihi

WARose
Legend

« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2006, 03:16:39 AM »

naw

I'm pretty sure the lifetime rivalry between us is still as strong as ever.  Tongue

not only lifetime, but ridiculous hihi     but hey  james can?t take it back..........
I cant??? nervous You mean I cant contradict myself like former members of GNR?? hihi

that way it`s right...

i respect it...   you don`t have to believe every word from strange posters.   

but well....  i believe maddy88. he did the interview with dizzy and he told him what`s up... he shouldn`t have posted that he knows something others don`t, but that`s another thing....

by the way, i don?t care if he`s been told or not.... it`s happening though... peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2006, 03:18:24 AM »

(sorry for making a new topic but I think it needs it).

I remember hearing/reading a quote from Gilby (I think) talking about the guitars Slash did on Estranged saying how they're amazing and "they're unlike anything that's ever been done before" (I believe that was the exact quote) and listening to TWAT over and over I get that same feeling from the main guitars during the verses.  It's amazing, it's like one long bluesy solo.  I really wish I could turn off the vocals because IMO the guitars to TWAT are some of the best in ANY Gn'R song and that's saying a hell of a lot because I love Slash just as much as anyone here...  TWAT is really amazing.

Everything in this song seems so perfect, the guitars, Axl's voice, the lyrics, the ending chanty type quire is amazing, the keys, the orch., the synth.  Wow.. I this song has grown on me so freaking much during the last 2 hours it's amazing.  A true classic, I can't wait for the stuido version. love

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2006, 03:20:23 AM »

CONGRATS TO NAUPIS...HES THE FIRST TO THROW OUT THE 13MIL 1O YRS GARBAGE

Thanks for the ticket, I'll enjoy my stay.

No one on the GNR message boards cares, nor acknowledges the time and money to make the album.

People on the outside without the hardcore obsession will weigh the music against that standard, so I am not the only one who bring up the years and time issue.

People expect songs of this quality if not better given the circumstances. Dance around it as you wish, but that is a fact of life when dealing with GNR.

The songs we have heard are anywhere from average to outstanding. But as a long-time ?GNR fan from 87 told me earlier when we were talking about the songs, "They are no better than NR or Estranged were, and I didn't have to wait almost 15 years to hear them."

That is the rational most people apply to GNR. Not the myopic existance many of pretend exists.

I want them to be huge again, but to pretend that the years, money and rotating band members spent making this album won't be relavent in determining their commercial and critical success is being terribly naive.

Without reading them yet you know that every review of the album will be judged against the time, money and back catalog. So I would be more concerned about how those ultimately stack up against those than how GNR stacks up against the Slipknots and Nickelback's of the world in terms of quality of music.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2006, 03:23:06 AM »

(sorry for making a new topic but I think it needs it).

Sorry, but let's try and keep all the discussions about one song in one thread...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2006, 03:31:28 AM »

naw

I'm pretty sure the lifetime rivalry between us is still as strong as ever.? Tongue

not only lifetime, but ridiculous hihi? ? ?but hey? james can?t take it back..........

that way it`s right...

i respect it...? ?you don`t have to believe every word from strange posters.? ?

but well....? i believe maddy88. he did the interview with dizzy and he told him what`s up... he shouldn`t have posted that he knows something others don`t, but that`s another thing....

by the way, i don?t care if he`s been told or not.... it`s happening though... peace
I never said he was a total fraud. I just had issues with how he admitted fabricating sections of the interview, and how he gave 'top secret info' to a select group of mygnr people who then gloated about it here. But thats old news. I want new news!! And more leaks!! hihi

WARose
Legend

« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2006, 03:36:59 AM »

naw

that way it`s right...

i respect it...   you don`t have to believe every word from strange posters.   

but well....  i believe maddy88. he did the interview with dizzy and he told him what`s up... he shouldn`t have posted that he knows something others don`t, but that`s another thing....

I never said he was a total fraud. I just had issues with how he admitted fabricating sections of the interview, and how he gave 'top secret info' to a select group of mygnr people who then gloated about it here. But thats old news. I want new news!! And more leaks!! hihi

better will probably leak completely....      i think the person who has the cd should leak it in decent quality now.        and i`d like to have the instrumentals + the second version of twat

but then it`s enough. i`m satisfied even now.  (even is not a good word here...)   

I WANT THE RECORD TO COME OUT!!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2006, 03:42:43 AM »

Just really kind of heard it for the first time. My itunes visualizer really complimented TWAT to.

What a trippy motherfucker this is. Holy fuck. 15 year of nothing... now 3 brand new songs in less then 48 hours.

Shit this sounds good. Did I mention trippy. Axl is feeding our head now...this is red pill kind of shit...fuck yea!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2006, 04:00:19 AM »

Besides the guitar solo, it sounds different to me. Axls voice seems higher in the mix. Is it just because the shorter one is mp4?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2006, 04:03:50 AM »

The vocals sound slightly different to me too, but it's probably just the rip or something.  Someone posted a 320 kb version of the 6:01 cut and it sounds great
elmir
VIP

« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2006, 04:06:38 AM »

wtf? I've been away for 5 minutes and this happens?
shiijeeeeeet......this song ROCKS...awesome solos, great vocals...........HE'S BACK!!!!!

i'm going to shit my pants now.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2006, 04:08:39 AM »

the original TWAT is 6:01 while the extended version is 6:43 in length.  the extended has a longer guitar solo...they are both great.

RichardNixon
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2006, 04:09:19 AM »

Anyone notice a lot of subtle things going on in the backround of this song?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2006, 04:11:32 AM »

yes i noticed that too RN, there's a ton of things going on in the background.  It's a very deep song.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: