Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 08:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 154293 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2006, 01:42:44 AM »

I am not crazy about the start, but it opens up into this awesome song.

Slow start.............great finish.
I agree. As I mentioned earlier, it really starts out like a song from The Cure, and then explodes into a Queensryche style epic. To me it really sounds like something that band would have LOVED to put on their Empire cd. The final version of this should be amazing.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2006, 01:45:34 AM »

I wasnt that impressed with TWAT in the same way I wasn't that impressed with IRS.

Its because they both sound like demos.. and you can tell alot of things still need to be fixed.

Axls voice in TWAT is very backround. I like it.. especally the keyboard at the start.. but i'll reserve my final opinion for the studio.

Poor axl.. i was really hoping this wouldnt leak too.. but o well..

? -jack

These are definitely not finished.  I think IRS and Better might be close to finished, but TWAT is far from finished.  If you guy's love the band, I would not send TWAT to the radio--it's not ready and definitely not the introduction to the new band, that Axl or the label wants.  Really, Axl cannot be happy that this very personal song might be played to millions when it is not even close to the finished product, esp. TWAT. 
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2006, 01:47:02 AM »

i think its good.. but not great... its not very catchy and its a little drawn out.. i thought irs and better were much..... well..... better... ?i can't wait to hear a full version of better.... very impressed over all with all of the new stuff though..
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2006, 01:48:51 AM »

I agree. As I mentioned earlier, it really starts out like a song from The Cure, and then explodes into a Queensryche style epic. To me it really sounds like something that band would have LOVED to put on their Empire cd. The final version of this should be amazing.
i know this sounds crazy but it reminds me of a paradise city type of song.what i mean is imagine that outro used at the end of a show in the same way as they use PC.THAT WOULD FUKIN ROCK.great song.starts a little slow but mid way it becomes amazingly addictive.a big thanx to everyone for the links ?beer beer its good we can all stick together on this one. ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2006, 01:49:15 AM »

I think TWAT is pretty far along. IRS really sounded like a demo, lots of dead air and a bad mix. Better is definately close to perfection.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2006, 01:51:14 AM »

better twat and madagascar are instant gnr classics.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2006, 01:56:06 AM »

I hear a little Sgt Pepper in there too..........call me crazy............maybe it the orchestra thing.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2006, 01:58:07 AM »

the new gnr songs definitely take a bit to get into....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2006, 02:07:13 AM »

I hear a little Sgt Pepper in there too..........call me crazy............maybe it the orchestra thing.
Yeah, the song seems to go in different directions at once, and while most bands have trouble pulling that off, Axl/GNR are masters at doing that. the orchestra is cool. I have always looked forward to hearing those parts on CD.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #289 on: February 18, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »

Yeah, the song seems to go in different directions at once, and while most bands have trouble pulling that off, Axl/GNR are masters at doing that. the orchestra is cool. I have always looked forward to hearing those parts on CD.

The final version (produced) will be sweet...........I can't imagine.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #290 on: February 18, 2006, 02:11:37 AM »

Well, the song is growing on me a little, but the section starting with "myself. If I could go back in time to the place
in my soul, there all alone, lonely tear drops," seems out of place and without a smooth transition. ?

Does anyone notice that there are, I think, two dueling guitarists for the solo? ?I think both Finck and Bucket add solos from the 3:30 mark on. ?Also, if this is going to be on the CD, it must be the final song. ?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2006, 02:15:21 AM »

Well, the song is growing on me a little

Come to the light........................ hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2006, 02:19:50 AM »

This is off topic, but the coolest thing about all this(besides the music) is that the entire fanbase seems to be united. It was fractured, and there were alot of vendettas,grudges,etc. among quite a few members here. Shit, over the past few days I have shared this stuff with people I never thought I would talk to again, and I'm sure you guys have as well. The past is in the past. We all share the same hopes and dreams, and are united once and for all. We are now an army of one! beer

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2006, 02:21:35 AM »

This is off topic, but the coolest thing about all this(besides the music) is that the entire fanbase seems to be united. It was fractured, and there were alot of vendettas,grudges,etc. among quite a few members here. Shit, over the past few days I have shared this stuff with people I never thought I would talk to again, and I'm sure you guys have as well. The past is in the past. We all share the same hopes and dreams, and are united once and for all. We are now an army of one! beer
                         AHMEN  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
WARose
Legend

« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2006, 02:25:08 AM »

i`m pretty sure that this version doesn`t contain the orchestra work by beltrami....  i guess that`s some of the stuff the real version will offer ...

and amen to your last post.....    the community is tight!!     and visiting this board was never ...better( hihi)

it?s a great feeling to visit a gnr board full of people believeing in axl etc... in stead of a board of whining bitches peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
SLCPUNK
« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2006, 02:25:56 AM »

haha, yea I sent Charity Case a friggin link......... hihi

Really, we are here for one reason: Because we are fans of GNR. So once the music starts then all the other things fall to the side.  I didn't blink an eye to sends links because I would hope the same in return if I asked, even if I didn't get along with the person on other subjects.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2006, 02:30:31 AM »

You can barely hear the Paul Buckmaster arrangements at the end.  "There Was A Time (also known as Twat) - mentioned in RS (Jan 2000 & Jan 17, 2006) , apparently Paul Buckmaster worked on arrangements on this track. "

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2006, 02:33:13 AM »

cause its only a demo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
WARose
Legend

« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2006, 02:33:18 AM »

You can barely hear the Paul Buckmaster arrangements at the end.  "There Was A Time (also known as Twat) - mentioned in RS (Jan 2000 & Jan 17, 2006) , apparently Paul Buckmaster worked on arrangements on this track. "

buckmaster or beltrami???

i`m confused....both?

it`s a long time....

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2006, 02:34:44 AM »

You can barely hear the Paul Buckmaster arrangements at the end.? "There Was A Time (also known as Twat) - mentioned in RS (Jan 2000 & Jan 17, 2006) , apparently Paul Buckmaster worked on arrangements on this track. "

buckmaster or beltrami???

i`m confused....both?

it`s a long time....

Composer Marco Beltrami worked on orchestral arrangements for tracks titled "Thyme," "General," "Leave Me Alone," and "Seven" in October 2002.

Composer Paul Buckmaster did the same for "Madagascar," "The Blues," "There Was a Time," and "Prostitute."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: