Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TWAT Discussion - your opinions
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TWAT Discussion - your opinions  (Read 153322 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1100 on: January 07, 2007, 09:18:48 PM »

twat live is really terrible (especially axl); the same with "better"; why can't axl sing the lines he wrote himself properly. he  is often out of time and out of tune; and the character of his voice doesn't sound right here as well...
Maybe because this was the first tour that he's ever sang them on?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1101 on: January 07, 2007, 10:50:42 PM »

twat live is really terrible (especially axl); the same with "better"; why can't axl sing the lines he wrote himself properly. he  is often out of time and out of tune; and the character of his voice doesn't sound right here as well...

Go to youtube and type in there was a time and watch the live performance from 5/12.  It's awesome !  Of course it's not as tight as the old songs fuck they only played this song twice.  But the vocals and guitar work is amazing.  This is in my opinion the best of the new songs, and can stack up to anything old.  I hope it's a regular in the next tour.

I think it's a pretty good rendition, though I do agree they don't sound quite as tight, which probably has a lot to do with the number of times they're played this live, to a big crowd.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1102 on: January 07, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »

I fucking love There was a time. I loved when I saw the live performance. They are fucking goods! The Madrid version is more like the demo version, the final solo and the whole music lol
the song would be a UYI song and I'm sure all the fans would love it.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1103 on: January 07, 2007, 11:33:41 PM »

I agree...has an Estranged feel to it, IMO.  I'm a big fan of the demo, and can't wait to hear the finished version.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #1104 on: January 08, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »

I agree...has an Estranged feel to it, IMO.  I'm a big fan of the demo, and can't wait to hear the finished version.
I think that there was a time will be like estranged or coma are for some fans. I really love all the demos released and, damn, I can't wait to see there was a time and Catcher in the Rye. Also Better, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, madagascar and I.R.S. lol. But there was a time has some estranged feel to it, indeed. Catcher in the rye also has something special imo... hehe.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:35 AM »

Catcher in the rye also has something special imo

Yeah, it does.  Didn't really hit me the first listen, but it's grown on me since.  Some parts of it almost have an oldies feel...but a GNR oldies feel, like when they covered "Since I Don't Have You" for TSI.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #1106 on: January 08, 2007, 12:27:19 AM »

Catcher in the rye also has something special imo

Yeah, it does.  Didn't really hit me the first listen, but it's grown on me since.  Some parts of it almost have an oldies feel...but a GNR oldies feel, like when they covered "Since I Don't Have You" for TSI.
yes... I can't wait more, lol. March 06, come here now.  Roll Eyes

Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #1107 on: January 08, 2007, 06:16:50 AM »

The rest of the band has this down perfectly, but at Madrid.. Axl was.. nervous

Then again, I watched the Hammerstein performance, and other than being drowned out by guitars a few times, Axl's voice was basically spot on..

By the way, this is my favourite of the new songs, and if the studio version is any better than the demo, it's comparable to November Rain, Estranged.

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1108 on: January 08, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »

The rest of the band has this down perfectly, but at Madrid.. Axl was.. nervous

Then again, I watched the Hammerstein performance, and other than being drowned out by guitars a few times, Axl's voice was basically spot on..

By the way, this is my favourite of the new songs, and if the studio version is any better than the demo, it's comparable to November Rain, Estranged.

I haven't heard the Madrid version of TWAT, just Hammerstein where Axl didn't sing the first 'I would do anything...' high part before Ron/Bucket's solo. Did he wuss out of that part in madrid as well?

Apart from missing that part and letting Tommy ruin the second 'It was a long time for me...' I think Axl sounded superb at hammerstein. Clean, rich and deep, like the demo and lots of extra force on the outro.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #1109 on: January 11, 2007, 01:22:09 PM »

There Was a Time to me is like an Estranged or Coma...break it out for special occasions.   Wink

They should only play it when they're late. Then maybe Axl failing to show up on time would be something the die-hards actually hope to happen.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1110 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »

u can barely hear the orchestra in the demo, the studio version should be incredible!!! and that guitar solo, holy shit. this one is gonna be a classic. 

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #1111 on: January 11, 2007, 04:21:36 PM »

This is the song that I am most eager to hear (although, I am extremely eager to hear them all).  I will be extremely disappointed if they don't keep Buckethead's solo for this song. Don't get me wrong, Robin rocks but Buckethead just shreds that ending ! I think this song has unlimited potential to go epic ! I am curious though if it will have the same underrated status that 'Estranged' had. Regardless, I believe we are all in for a major ass-kicking when we finally get the studio version of this song !   beer

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1112 on: January 21, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »

The finished studio version would be very interesting.......I think the demo of the song shows great potential.

The solo at the end has really grown on me.

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #1113 on: January 23, 2007, 06:57:45 AM »

Im trying to not listen to this song until the album comes out but something keeps telling me if I stick to this rule I may never hear the song again!  Smiley

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
halfday
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1114 on: February 08, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »

In my opinion the best new song. There is such a "november rain" feel to it. The middle to the end is epic. The guitar solos and the rythmic chanting reminds me of "don't you think that you need somebody" of NR. At the same time I'm not comparing, just noticing the simalarities.  This is the one to send them over the top. However, I do not think it should be the first single. They need something with more of an edge first. BETTER. Awesome song too. GO GNR!
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #1115 on: February 08, 2007, 09:20:30 PM »

In my opinion the best new song. There is such a "november rain" feel to it. The middle to the end is epic. The guitar solos and the rythmic chanting reminds me of "don't you think that you need somebody" of NR. At the same time I'm not comparing, just noticing the simalarities.? This is the one to send them over the top. However, I do not think it should be the first single. They need something with more of an edge first. BETTER. Awesome song too. GO GNR!

I agree, completely. ?I wonder what it'll sound like with Bumblefoot, though...

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
halfday
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1116 on: February 08, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »

I think Bumble Foot is more than he appears to be. I think he is actually a sane musician. I think he wants to play his ass off and make some records. I think he might be Axl's "muse". I think he's exicited again since BucketHead didn't work out. He might have found a guy he can build around.
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #1117 on: February 08, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »

I think Bumble Foot is more than he appears to be. I think he is actually a sane musician. I think he wants to play his ass off and make some records. I think he might be Axl's "muse". I think he's exicited again since BucketHead didn't work out. He might have found a guy he can build around.

I don't have any doubts, Bumblefoot is the man.   Cool

Just curious...

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1118 on: February 09, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »

one of the best gnr songs ever

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #1119 on: February 27, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »

one of the best gnr songs ever

twat is really ok, but i think from the ballads/epic songs we know so far the weakest track (if weak might ever be the right word for gnr-ballads). especially the chorus, in my opinion, is not too special though.

my rating of the balladesque songs from cd we know so far would be:

1. catcher in the rye (by far)
2. madagascar
3. the blues
4. there was a time

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: