Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Icon [Axl n' Slash on list]
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Icon [Axl n' Slash on list]  (Read 3792 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« on: March 22, 2007, 02:59:50 PM »

AC/DC's Angus Young voted #1 rock icon

AC/DC lead guitarist Angus Young has been voted the top icon in rock history. According to a list in the U.K. rock magazine Kerrang!, Young holds the Number One ranking, ahead of Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters, Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day, Iron Maiden mascot "Eddie," and the late Kurt Cobain from Nirvana. The rankings feature some of Young's peers, like Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi, Aerosmith's Joe Perry, and Queen's Brian May, while also saluting modern rockers like singer Amy Lee from Evanescence, bassist Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy, guitarist Benji Madden from Good Charlotte, and singer Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.

Besides Angus, AC/DC was also represented on the "100 Icons" list by the late Bon Scott at Number 62, Brian Johnson at Number 81, and Malcolm Young at Number 90.

According to the Kerrang! entry on Wikipedia, AC/DC was on the magazine's first cover back in June 1981.

Other groups with multiple placements include:

Pantera, with the late Dimebag Darrell at Number Eight and Phil Anselmo at Number 54;

Metallica, with James Hetfield at Number Six, Kirk Hammett at Number 40, Lars Ulrich at Number 41, and the late Cliff Burton at Number 45;

Judas Priest, with Rob Halford at Number 10 and K.K. Downing & Glenn Tipton at Numbers 71 and 72;

Led Zeppelin, with Jimmy Page at Number 11, Robert Plant at Number 43, and the late John Bonham at Number 55;

Guns N' Roses, with Slash at Number 13 and Axl Rose at Number 20;

Blink-182, with Tom Delonge at Number 28 and Mark Hoppus at Number 29;

Black Sabbath, with Tony Iommi at Number 30 and Ozzy Osbourne at Number 31;

System Of A Down, with Serj Tankian at Number 35 and Daron Malakian at Number 36;

and Aerosmith, with Joe Perry at Number 52 and Steven Tyler at Number 53.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:04:26 PM »

Go Angus!

Here today...ready to rock
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »

What's with putting all guitarists ahead of the lead singers? I find it moronic on most cases.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »

Slash ahead of Axl?

Where's Buckethead?

Bucket is usually ahead of Slash on lists...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:08:24 PM »

Buckethead isn't a "Rock Icon"... what list's does Bucket show up ahead of Slash on??
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »

Buckethead ahead of Slash? Maybe in guitar mags but not in a magazine aimed at 12 year olds. Sort it out man  no
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »

WTF rant

steven tyler at 53, ozzy at 31, while tom and mark from blink 182 is on 29 and 29, this is the worst list ever hands down no
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »

Bucket is usually ahead of Slash on lists...
On rockicon lists? O.o
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13:58 PM »

No Mick and Keith?
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:15:55 PM »

^ As I said, this is aimed at like 12-15 year olds. Mick and Keith are O.A.P's in their eyes.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »

Where the hell is Hendrix?

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »

What's with putting all guitarists ahead of the lead singers? I find it moronic on most cases.

It's fucking bullshit Woody!!!  rant  That's what it is!!!  rant Just makes me want to fucking  puke  again!!!  rant

Fuck Blink 182 as well!!!   yes  rant  A real piece of shit band if I ever saw one right there man!!!  rant I puke all over those useless idiots!!!   rant
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »

This list is ridicilous. Blink 182 before Ozzy and Steven Tyler says it all. Utter disrespect. Something to wipe your ass with.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 03:22:14 PM »

It's fucking bullshit Woody!!!  rant  That's what it is!!!  rant Just makes me want to fucking  puke  again!!!  rant

Fuck Blink 182 as well!!!   yes  rant  A real piece of shit band if I ever saw one right there man!!!  rant I puke all over those useless idiots!!!   rant

Did someone forget there meds this morning?  nervous
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

No man.  no

I just hate most of the shit bands out there these days.  puke

Those guys (and a lot of other no-talent arsehole-wipes) are just useless and all of them combined don't deserve to have a record contract or any fame and money whatsoever IMHO.   Angry

Just being honest about my pissed-off sentiments.   yes   ok   beer

Didn't think anybody here would mind me doing that every once in awhile!!!   beer   Grin   Wink
thenextslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »

steven tyler, joe perry, jimmy page, robert plant, axl, slash should all be in top 10 ac/dc people shouldnt there great but all there songs sound the same i do like ac/dc though. what the hell is blink 182 doing up there rant any band except for like 5 tht came ou in the last 12 years have sucked. The only good ones are my bros band tht just got a contract they have an old sound to them. Wolfmother. VR. foo fighters. Rattlesnake Remedy this band is great they not really big yet though there on an indie label in the uk.  peace beer
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »

hmm again no freddie mercury while he is the biggest icon imo so this list sucks hehe, but I can sorta understand why they put slash ahead of axl...I mean the top hat, the cigarette, long curly hair those things are just such recognizable trademarks...

steven tyler, joe perry, jimmy page, robert plant, axl, slash should all be in top 10 ac/dc people shouldnt there great but all there songs sound the same i do like ac/dc though. what the hell is blink 182 doing up there rant any band except for like 5 tht came ou in the last 12 years have sucked. The only good ones are my bros band tht just got a contract they have an old sound to them. Wolfmother. VR. foo fighters. Rattlesnake Remedy this band is great they not really big yet though there on an indie label in the uk. peace beer

They rock, love their music? beer
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:58:53 PM »

No man.  no

I just hate most of the shit bands out there these days.  puke

Those guys (and a lot of other no-talent arsehole-wipes) are just useless and all of them combined don't deserve to have a record contract or any fame and money whatsoever IMHO.   Angry

Just being honest about my pissed-off sentiments.   yes   ok   beer

Didn't think anybody here would mind me doing that every once in awhile!!!   beer   Grin   Wink

Hey man, that's cool!! I know where ya comin' from. Just jokin' with ya  peace
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »

Hey man, that's cool!! I know where ya comin' from. Just jokin' with ya  peace

I kind of figured that you were joking dude.   Cool

I better try and restrain myself with the pukey thing for a little while or jarmo's gonna' whack my fucking pee-pee again!!!   nervous

hihi  rofl

Seriously though, the music industry is truly a stinking fucked-up piece of shit as far as I'm concerned.   nervous

There's very few bands or artists out there that I'm willing to give my hard-earned money to because they just absolutely fucking suck crusty and hairy donkey balls!!!  yes  hihi  rofl

I have no idea what's wrong with all the feeble-minded morons around the world that completely love all of the total lame-ass garbage that's played on the radio CONSTANTLY. rant It truly sucks shit. rant confused

I won't name all of them because the list is just too damned huge and it'd take me forever to type it all up.  crying

It's just fucking pathetic as far as I'm concerned and probably always will be.  beer 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:18:36 PM by Crowebar » Logged
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »

Seriously though, the music industry is truly a stinking fucked-up piece of shit as far as I'm concerned.? ?nervous

There's very few bands or artists out there that I'm willing to give my hard-earned money to because they just absolutely fucking suck crusty and hairy donkey balls!!!? yes? hihi? rofl

I have no idea what's wrong with all the feeble-minded morons around the world that completely love all of the total lame-ass garbage that's played on the radio CONSTANTLY. rant It truly sucks shit. rant confused

I won't name all of them because the list is just too damned huge and it'd take me forever to type it all up.? crying

It's just fucking pathetic as far as I'm concerned and probably always will be.? beer?

Well said dude! ok
I seriously don't know how blink 182 made that list Shocked
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: