Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl still have the right bite?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl still have the right bite?  (Read 8643 times)
Toph1962
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »

"It isn?t easy to know what to think these days, but during the last weeks, there has been a 10-song version of "Chinese Democracy" circulating, a version that might in fact be the real deal. Axl keeps his silence, aside from telling Rolling Stone Magazine that the album might come out later this year?."

What is this all about? Is this just a compilation of all the demo tracks? How could this be misconstrued as the real thing?
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »

"It isn?t easy to know what to think these days, but during the last weeks, there has been a 10-song version of "Chinese Democracy" circulating, a version that might in fact be the real deal. Axl keeps his silence, aside from telling Rolling Stone Magazine that the album might come out later this year?."

What is this all about? Is this just a compilation of all the demo tracks? How could this be misconstrued as the real thing?

It's probably nothing more than a bunch of old leaks and maybe the old live track. I'm pretty sure if there was a 10 track demo out there, these boards with be lighting up  hihi
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:04:04 PM by redx » Logged
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »

These threads are getting very repetitive and lame.......Everyone, including myself, keep posting the same shit time and time again. It is getting extremely redundant. We need CD NOW!!!

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Elrothiel
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 03:20:12 PM »

Maaaan what a jaded journo!

Jeez what is WRONG with everyone!? THINKING the release of ChiDem will essentially "kill" Gn'R.... pfffft!

FUCK that! I say be positive! Chinese Democracy is only the beginning! We'll get more albums, more songs, and more live shows! God forbid a band can actually CONTINUE doing things after they release an album! My goodness!! How horrid! Roll Eyes Why don't we just shoot all rock stars over the age of 50 and then all slash our wrists in a suicidal celebratory act of emoness!

Fuck journos and their negative fucking bullshit. If I meet that guy, I will kick him in the nuts!
Rusmurf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »

Just old demos and live stuff, someone stuck together and named it "CD". Nothing new, and none of the versions would make it, there is no chance. Some of the tracks were live stuff from Rock in Rio, some other stuff that's been floating around a bit.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »

that lends proof to his statement that after the cd comes out, the "air" will be let out of the band and the band will lose public interest.
I think it will be the other way around, that the public intrest will be greater peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »

Great, another pile of guesswork and negativity from the anti-GNR wave called the media. It's sad that no matter what Axl does or no matter how good Chinese Democracy is, these people are too prejudice to ever admit it. Idiots.
Now to the article. His argument, which surprisingly many of you agree with, that the interest for GN'R will die down after Chinese Democracy is released, is utterly ridicilous. If anything it's the other way around. People have been waiting for this album to come out for over ten years, when the music finally is available to the public it will be all over, everywhere, and the interest will certainly be at an all-time high. Combine that with touring and how good the record will actually be, expect GN'R to be very relevant in the music world the coming years. On a side note, what strikes me as funny, just to show the utter hypocracy of these negative haters, is that I've seen the following argument alot on these boards: "People are starting to lose interest the longer the wait goes on". And now with "People will lose interest when the album comes out, the mystery will be gone!" - Which is it? Your arguments are worth nothing, so for your own good you should shut up with the whining already and let GN'R prove you wrong.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 08:33:35 AM »

It's sad that no matter what Axl does or no matter how good Chinese Democracy is, these people are too prejudice to ever admit it.

It's all a matter of personal biases.  The same argument could be spun the other way: no matter what Axl does or how good Chinese Democracy is, some will still perceive Axl as rock's prodigal son and the album the greatest thing to be recorded since Appetite.  Your point that there's prejudice against the band for what they have done or will do is valid, but ask yourself if the bias that is often reported isn't without merit itself.  How many of us of the hardcore, when listening to Chinese Democracy, won't have in the back of their minds: "This album has taken over 10 years and around $15 million to make."  If it's a great album, awesome.  But it's not unreasonable for those in the media to take issue with the fact that the length of time and the money spent to make this album is ridiculous.

It's also interesting that due to the length of time and expense to make this album, much less often will you hear critics complain that this is not Guns N' Roses.  You'll read a quick line how Axl is the only remaining original member, but for what it's worth, it seems that as a result of this lengthy process it has somewhat legitimized this band as Guns N' Roses.  Had Axl released a new album under the GNR banner with himself as the only original member in 1995, would anyone have bought into the new band like they have now?  With enough time between the old band and this new lineup (even though the new lineup has been together for as long if not longer than the original lineup), attitudes have changed for the most part concerning what is or who are Guns N' Roses.

With the band taking so long to produce this record, the story is not going to be how great or awful the album might be, but the process itself.  Axl and the band has done it to themselves in my opinion; this does not mean I'm less of a fan, but sympathy in this context does not apply for me.  The bigger story will always be the production of the album and not the album itself.  Understand and accept this reality and you'll be dealing with much less stress.

"People are starting to lose interest the longer the wait goes on". And now with "People will lose interest when the album comes out, the mystery will be gone!" - Which is it? Your arguments are worth nothing, so for your own good you should shut up with the whining already and let GN'R prove you wrong.

So basically you're in the business of telling anyone and everyone to shut up if they don't agree with you.  You must be a Republican Wink  J/K

To your question, which is it?  I say it's probably both.  Only those of us who've put a tremendous amount of time in waiting for Axl's next offering will stick around until it comes out.  Just look at the fact that fewer and fewer people seem to come here than the last little while.  After Axl missed both the 2006 and March 6th deadlines, I think a lot of people said that was enough for them and moved on.  Sure they'll probably buy the album when it's released, but the commitment to this band has wained over the last four months. 

As I said in my previous post, I do think that with the release of Chinese Democracy (so long as it's amazing), the band will garner new fans and recaptivate those lost a long time ago.  However, I do not discount the argument that once the album has been released, the mystery and hence some of the band's appeal will subside.  Not to fully repeat myself, but I don't expect to be on this forum and checking for news every day once the album has been released.  Many, including myself, have waited 16 years now for a new GNR album.  To me, the release of Chinese Democracy will be like closing a chapter in my life.  If Axl and the boys want to write another story, awesome, but I don't think I'll be reading every page like I have for this one.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 09:39:17 AM »

Great, another pile of guesswork and negativity from the anti-GNR wave called the media. It's sad that no matter what Axl does or no matter how good Chinese Democracy is, these people are too prejudice to ever admit it. Idiots.
Now to the article. His argument, which surprisingly many of you agree with, that the interest for GN'R will die down after Chinese Democracy is released, is utterly ridicilous. If anything it's the other way around. People have been waiting for this album to come out for over ten years, when the music finally is available to the public it will be all over, everywhere, and the interest will certainly be at an all-time high. Combine that with touring and how good the record will actually be, expect GN'R to be very relevant in the music world the coming years. On a side note, what strikes me as funny, just to show the utter hypocracy of these negative haters, is that I've seen the following argument alot on these boards: "People are starting to lose interest the longer the wait goes on". And now with "People will lose interest when the album comes out, the mystery will be gone!" - Which is it? Your arguments are worth nothing, so for your own good you should shut up with the whining already and let GN'R prove you wrong.

Uh, this was just a column. Not a journalistic piece. It's just the guy's opinion. He wasn't taking a hard stance against the new record, new band, Axl or anything else. He was just saying, "Here's a possiblity ... maybe the mystery of GNR is what has kept it around so long after its contemporaries."

You however strick me as a person who would praise the new album as genious, no matter what. Even if all the tracks we've heard are jettisoned for duets with K-Fed, you'd say it was neccesary and brilliant.

This guy isn't attacking GNR, he's just expressing his thoughts. At least he has thoughts, and doesn't mindlessly defend a band that hasn't put out a record since the early 1990s from any perceived attack, no matter how small. I'm sorry, GNR has rightly earned some criticism after how many tours with the name Chinese Democracy with no record, not to mention all the cancelled concerts through the years. It's not unfair to throw a little criticism GNR's way.

Personally, I think the record could be great. However, I think it probably would have been better six years ago. When the demos are overproduced, what will the final product sound like? Axl's been talking about this album since 1998 or 99 ? at some point you have to quit shifting tracks and adding cowbell and release the record.

Oh wait, I'm just a negative hipocrite. I'm also someone who lost money on plane and hotel fair, but my ticket was refunded. BFD!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »

Uh, this was just a column. Not a journalistic piece. It's just the guy's opinion. He wasn't taking a hard stance against the new record, new band, Axl or anything else. He was just saying, "Here's a possiblity ... maybe the mystery of GNR is what has kept it around so long after its contemporaries."

yes, i agree. it was just a writers opinion. this should be an open forum for discussion and views. i just dont understand how and why some people on this board just attack and bash any opinion that may not be 100% their own view. that's just childish and immature. if you dont agree, fine. just say why and dont just attack the writers opinion. it seems to me there are some people that have a selfish interest in just attacking any poster on the board that says anything that may not be 100% favorable to the band....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

Well, just looking at a demo like better and seeing how amazing and how much airway its getting id say Axl still has it. Just wait for CD or a single and we can and everyone can see that Axl will leave the journalists jaws on the ground.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »

Well, just looking at a demo like better and seeing how amazing and how much airway its getting id say Axl still has it. Just wait for CD or a single and we can and everyone can see that Axl will leave the journalists jaws on the ground.

I hope you're right. I also hope Michael Bay learns how to make decent movies.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

I'm so sick of the "mindless asslicker" accusations, if you can't handle that people wait patiently for the new record and defend Axl then stay away from here, this is a fan board.

That being said: Downzy, I see your points, but the media has always been biased towards Axl, in the past it was like that too. He's the bad guy no matter what, it's not just about the record taking long to be released.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 12:19:48 PM »

Does Axl still have the right bite?

I don't know, ask the Swedish security guard.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 01:50:02 PM »

I'm so sick of the "mindless asslicker" accusations, if you can't handle that people wait patiently for the new record and defend Axl then stay away from here, this is a fan board.

I understand that, but open your eyes ? this guy wasn't attacking Axl. He was just discussing an aspect of the release of CD that may or may not be.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »

That being said: Downzy, I see your points, but the media has always been biased towards Axl, in the past it was like that too. He's the bad guy no matter what, it's not just about the record taking long to be released.

I don't disagree that the press likes to portray Axl as the bad guy, whether Axl gives them ammunition to do so or not.  At the same time, isn't that part of Axl and the band's appeal?  When you dub yourself as the most "dangerous band in the world," you're not going to get glowing reviews of your good behavior.  Rightly or wrongly, the band has made some serious money off their bad boy notoriety.  Hero or Anti-Hero, in this case, what's the difference?

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:30:24 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 08:00:18 PM »

Not a single track out there is an official studio version. All you've heard are demos, unfinished leaks and concert footage. The real deal will blow your mind. Stay tuned.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »

i just dont understand how and why some people on this board just attack and bash any opinion that may not be 100% their own view. that's just childish and immature. if you dont agree, fine. just say why and dont just attack the writers opinion. it seems to me there are some people that have a selfish interest in just attacking any poster on the board that says anything that may not be 100% favorable to the band....

When you write an article for a newspaper, and you skip fact checking, you're just another guy repeating the same old bullshit rumors.

Everybody can have their opinion, but it's so lame to see so many "journalists" write articles about Axl and the band based on lies.

It's obvious the truth is often disregarded because the bullshit rumors make for a more "interesting" story.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 08:15:11 PM »

I don't disagree that the press likes to portray Axl as the bad guy, whether Axl gives them ammunition to do so or not.? At the same time, isn't that part of Axl and the band's appeal?? When you dub yourself as the most "dangerous band in the world," you're not going to get glowing reviews of your good behavior.? Rightly or wrongly, the band has made some serious money off their bad boy notoriety.? Hero or Anti-Hero, in this case, what's the difference?

Cheers,

Andrew

It's not about their image at all, it's about Axl being the media's favorite scape goat no matter what it is, if you've read old articles about Guns N' Roses you know what I mean. Axl is an ego-centric maniac that broke up the band on some NIN-inspired powertrip, whereas Slash is the guitar hero of the 90's that got fed up with Axl's shit and left with the rest of the band. That seems to be the jist of what they have always been writing, that's the media's notion. Everything is Axl's fault. It's no secret that that's how it's been portrayed in the media for well over a decade.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 10:55:19 PM »

i just dont understand how and why some people on this board just attack and bash any opinion that may not be 100% their own view. that's just childish and immature. if you dont agree, fine. just say why and dont just attack the writers opinion. it seems to me there are some people that have a selfish interest in just attacking any poster on the board that says anything that may not be 100% favorable to the band....

When you write an article for a newspaper, and you skip fact checking, you're just another guy repeating the same old bullshit rumors.

Everybody can have their opinion, but it's so lame to see so many "journalists" write articles about Axl and the band based on lies.

It's obvious the truth is often disregarded because the bullshit rumors make for a more "interesting" story.

/jarmo

the writer actually did his homework for the article. he mentions "stories" that he has heard (and so have we) about axl and doesnt state them as fact. he says they are "stories" that you can believe or not believe. he then states his opinion on why he thinks the band won't be as popular after the cd comes out. its his own personal opinion based upon fact checking and also his own opinion about how the 14 year lag of new material can effect the popularity of the band.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: