Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should GNR release 2 songs simultaneously for the first single?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should GNR release 2 songs simultaneously for the first single?  (Read 3086 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 06:28:15 PM »

Could be a cool idea if they pick the right two songs. Out of the songs we've heard, I'd say 'Better' and 'The Blues'...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »

I dont see why we should worry about their business strategy?!

I'm here for one reason, and one reason only... the album.

they can give it out in plastic bags for all I care... single, no single, video,... it's all the same to me...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 06:49:52 PM »

correct me if im wrong but didnt limp bizkit release two singles at once a few years ago, Rollin' and My generation, from their choclate starfish and the hotdog flavored water album, (im not a limp bizkit fan i just remember this and it seemed strange to me then)

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »

The Beatles did it too...

Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane for example.

It's called a double A-Side.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 11:55:02 PM »

Whats the point, who buys singles anymore...can you even buy them anymore?  No need for gimmicks.  Just release a single and an album.  Why release 2 at a time, whats the benefit.  I mean GNR might as well hire clowns to perform on stage.  What does this do.  i also think people need to stop suggesting recycled limp bizkit ideas.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »

Yeah, and that Limp Bizkit album sold a million copies in the first week.... and Outkast and Nelly have both done that in recent memory too.  It's not some "outrageous crazy scheme" like some people are suggesting here.  If it were done, the songs would need to fit different radio formats to attract more potential buyers... could be a good idea.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 02:39:53 AM »

limp bizkit songs back then were more easily sold to 10-18 year olds than GNR is now and Fred Durst wasnt 45.  Radio stations arent going to sell this cd.  No one listens to the radio.  In Columbus,Ohio a metropolitan area of over a million there is one rock radio station left and it plays hardly any GNR unless its got a syndicated radio host like Dee Snyder or something who plays it.  Whats the difference if you have 2 or 1 singles that no ones going to hear?  Those albums you mentioned didnt sell because of double singles, they sold because they gave the masses the music they wanted.  The masses dont want GNR, sorry, but they dont.  The Rock station here had a call in poll today whether they should play the leaked version of better, by an overwhelming 47-3 vote today the answer was no.  I would say it was rigged, but i was one of the 3 who called in. 
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 05:50:37 AM »

If GNR would do that, they would be accused to revive the "Illusion"-idea, and how lame that would be and so on. Since this band will have enough problems to get rid of the label of a "hired" and "cover"band, it wouldn't be clever to make this even harder.

Restraint is for suckers.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 10:56:16 AM »

This wouldnt be a good idea in my opinion.  I'm sure with as much as this album has cost, the record company is looking to maxamize the potential sales.  To put two singles out at once, instead of one would seem like a waste.  When you can put out one single....the a few weeks later once the first one has died down, put out the second song.  Basic business strategy.  The bands mentioned that have done this in the past are different then GnR.  They released albums before they did the double single.  People expected a new album from those bands.  With GnR (lets be honest) not that many people know about the new album.  Yes everyone on this board, and those who saw them in concert, but the vast majority of the public hasnt heard shit about it yet.  It would just make more sense to release one song at a time.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »

I think it would be a good idea and shock the world. I say GNR keeps ''Better'' as one since it has been getting airwave play but also have a brand new song the public has never heard yet at the same time. Do you think this is a good idea? Would it work out well? Agree or disagree?

I don't think that having 2 singles is that bad of an idea, but I don't think nearly as many people recognize the song "Better" as you may think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: