Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 11:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Chinese Democracy be the fastest selling album ever?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Chinese Democracy be the fastest selling album ever?  (Read 14342 times)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »

also with this day and age of computers/downloading... the answer is no.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

Grin Chinese Democracy and fastest should never be in the same sentence.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 02:44:24 PM »

I believe that when it is finally released, there will be a lot of press and interest...but I don't believe it will sell millions and get near the top of the charts. Once it has been released and after a few weeks, the farore will have died down and there won't be much left in terms of interest.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »

It won't be the fastest selling album ever but it will sell well.  My prediction is about 500,000 copies the first week in the US, 2-3 million in the US within a couple years after its release in the US and 8-10 million copies worldwide after a few years of its release.  If this album has a string of big singles it could stay on the charts for a long, long time
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »

I think this album may be a slow-burner. Possibly a big first week in sales. Not record breaking though. With sales staying steady weeks and weeks after.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »

-
-     
-
-
-
-
-     -
-     -
-     -     -     -    -      -     -   

1    2     3   4   5      6     7      weeks after release

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »

It'll come out strong, then slow down.

But it will hang in there for a LONG time.

In the end, the product will speak for itself.  And there's nothing Jimmy Kimmel can do about it.
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »

Maybe it will. Maybe it wont. Uncle Axl can't count on my money though.True it is his own band and he does whatever he wanna do with it.Still, it is my money too.
If they had to wake up at 6:00 AM everyday I am preeeeetty sure they would've released the album a loooong looong loooooonng time ago - Life's so hard , they go through some much trouble that's why it hasn't been released yet - I'll tell you having a hard life. How about getting a real job ?
Since they don't need it I'm keeping it,thanks. Hi, my name's download mthrfuckr, muacks  love
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »

If CD does goes massive it won't be because of its quality, IMO 60% of the peaple that will buy it are 87-94 GNR fans and are curious of what it sounds like, same with VR i think its a decent album, but the only reason loads of people bought it was because 3 of them were ex GNR members.

no matter what anyone says GNR arent what they used to be FACT.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »

does anybody know what was/is that fastest selling album...ever ?

?Best first week sales was set by NSync 2.4 million in one week. GNR as kings of the world sold 1.4 combined of the UYI (which was impressive as hell in 91).

?Green Day with the Monster Album American Idiot sold 3.5 million (first year in the U.S.) and think of how much you heard those songs on the radio.

? GNR have a uphill battle but I believe this album will do very well. They got a get on a roll....as for radio support, if it is as good as we hope (the album), radio/MTV will come around. Once there is the smell of cash and profit in the air the leeches will be swinging from Axl's nuts again.

? You think of all the shitty music these cocksuckers push to the top of the charts, fuck me.

? FERGALICIOUS comes to mind. The song is pure shite....(I am sure she is delicious though but that is beside the point) ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »

No.  I have no doubt it will be one of the best-selling albums of the year - whatever year it comes out - but it simply has little chance of being the "fastest-selling album ever."  When the time comes, though, the album will serve a critical purpose to several large groups of people:  to remind old GnR fans that the band still exists and is making incredible music, and to allow a whole new generation to discover GnR, many for the first time.

Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 04:04:19 PM »

No

You really know who's Maradona!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 04:29:04 PM »

Does it matter how much it sells? Axl doesn't care too much, and we don't care at all. As long as it's out, I don't give a fuck if it sells one copy.

How do you know if Axl doesnt care that much.  I would think that spending millions of his own money and record company money and the fact that his entire career and legacy is on the line based on the success of this album, would mean that he does care.  If this album doesnt do well there wont be another album.  You dont think the band members who arent multi-millionaires dont care?  This albums going to sell alright, but major critics have panned the new songs, gnr's pr is pretty bad,  and who knows when therell be any promotion.  Fastest selling ever? haha.

"In the end, it?s just an album"
And if he cared much, he'd have released it 7 years ago and made the money then.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »

NO!
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

Does it matter how much it sells? Axl doesn't care too much, and we don't care at all. As long as it's out, I don't give a fuck if it sells one copy.

How do you know if Axl doesnt care that much.? I would think that spending millions of his own money and record company money and the fact that his entire career and legacy is on the line based on the success of this album, would mean that he does care.? If this album doesnt do well there wont be another album.? You dont think the band members who arent multi-millionaires dont care?? This albums going to sell alright, but major critics have panned the new songs, gnr's pr is pretty bad,? and who knows when therell be any promotion.? Fastest selling ever? haha.

"In the end, it?s just an album"
And if he cared much, he'd have released it 7 years ago and made the money then.
It obviously wasnt dont 7 years ago or he didnt think it would do well.  Of course he's going to be cool about it in public statements, however, in the same public statement he mentions how he fired his manager for his promotional idea.  Why do you think Axl cares about record promotion.  If you dont think money matters youre clueless.
darkmonth
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »

Get real. No way. Gun's n roses simply aren't as important to the world as they used to be.

I have to agree.

It wont sell as much as people are expecting.  I truly believe it'll stop at 4 or 5 million max.  That's a shame, but I think it's gonna bomb considering the expectations.  For ANY other band, 5 million is a HUGE number.  For Guns N' Roses... nooooooooo way.  Not this album.  It's got so much cost to recoup.  However, if what Axl is saying is true, and we can expect 2 or 3 albums to come from these sessions, I suspect it'll make it's cash back that way.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »

no. times have changed. but it will sell very well. i'll be surprised if it doesn't
Crash99
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »

It'll be the fastest downloaded album of all time!!!!
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »

Sales don't tell greatness, its how it stands the test of time.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »

I think it will be greeted by great apathy as most of the people buying music now have no idea who GnR are, were or their significance in the past.  Their are die hard fans who will buy it the second it comes available, but those are just the die hards who have been waiting hands on the cheeks waiting for it to come out.
I will buy it.  I like GnR.  (Not as much as I like Izzy though).  But I won't be in line waiting for it on the first say it is released. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: