Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does anyone know what The Garden is about?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know what The Garden is about?  (Read 4563 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 02:25:57 PM »

..and how does the band relate to the lyrics:

I WASN'T REALLY SCARED
LOST MY VIRGINITY THERE,
TO A GYPSY WITH BLOND HAIR

..did one of the memebers of Gn'R loose it to a gypsy with blonde hair?
..and if so, which one?

peace
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 04:17:06 PM by redx » Logged
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 05:14:17 PM »

The Garden was written by Del James, Axl Rose and West Arkeen. It was written prior to the band recording Appetite for Destruction. This is fact. More then likely the song is about drugs, but its also about the streets of LA, and a much darker Under the Bridge type song which talks about L.A. as being a woman and Axl, Del and West holding it close to their heart. The song is also likely to have been one that Axl wrote while squatting, and its also more social commentary then anything else

As for the blonde whom one of the band members lost their virginity to, you have to remember that only axl from the band wrote the lyrics, and it was either him, West or Del who lost their virginity to her so

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 05:31:34 AM »

The Garden was written by Del James, Axl Rose and West Arkeen. It was written prior to the band recording Appetite for Destruction. This is fact. More then likely the song is about drugs, but its also about the streets of LA, and a much darker Under the Bridge type song which talks about L.A. as being a woman and Axl, Del and West holding it close to their heart. The song is also likely to have been one that Axl wrote while squatting, and its also more social commentary then anything else

As for the blonde whom one of the band members lost their virginity to, you have to remember that only axl from the band wrote the lyrics, and it was either him, West or Del who lost their virginity to her so

..from what I can gather, Slash and Adler were a hit with the chicks, even before they had do$h. I know little about Izzy, although I think it was Izzy who said that Axl wasn't really a hit with the girls (back when they were at school). So maybe Axl was the one who lost it to a gypsy with blonde hair. Obviously Axl these days with all his ca$h is a chick magnet, attracting all the wrong sorts. I guess there's just no winning  peace

'I Guess There's Just No Winning' - hmmm.. sounds like a good title for a song  Grin

CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »

I always assumed this song was about the perilious border between love/lust. 
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »

..who is the gypsy with blonde hair? could she be the same girl as Rocket Queen, or someone else?  peace
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »

i think its completely about drugs or sex? think about it gypsy with blond hair?, or even the part about only poor boys take a chance on the gardens song and dance.... its either about the forbidden fruit like idea or drugs.

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »

The way I heard it Axl was hanging out with Del and West and they decided to see what they could come up with if they just took a bunch of pills and wrote down whatever came into their minds and then turned it into a song.  In other words its not really about anything specific, just whatever they thought up whilst on drugs.

Here we go, from the HTGTH page about the song: "A hallucinatory experience penned by Axl and West Arkeen, "The Garden" features a breathtakingly eerie vocal passage where Alice, in vintage Coop spoken-word style, delivers lyrics written by RIP's Del James. "

And apparently Alice Cooper was on there because when they'd done demos part of Axl's singing sounded a lot like Alice Cooper and they decided to see if he would do it, "instead of just ripping off his style".
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »

I read somewhere that it's about the Manson family and Spawn ranch.

That's interesting... now that I think about it... the lyrics fit that pretty well.  yes
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: