Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does anyone know what The Garden is about?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know what The Garden is about?  (Read 4574 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 17, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »

It's pretty metaphorically self explanatory to me. It's about taking LSD and going into a trip basically trying to find yourself and not getting out of ones conscious though. Basically like being stuck on a trip. BYE BYE! Does everyone agree?
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »

I beleive its about LA. How its wrapped in flowers, Axl is the naive little boy who wants to leave for a music carreer in LA. While Cooper is an old, seen it all druggie, who is warning "Only Poor boys take a chance, in this Garden song and dance" So, yeah I guess Drugs or LA are good bets. beer
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:27:05 PM »

its about being in the wrong section and wanting to know things about the past, about the eternal struggle of beating dead horses.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »

It's pretty metaphorically self explanatory to me. It's about taking LSD and going into a trip basically trying to find yourself and not getting out of ones conscious though. Basically like being stuck on a trip. BYE BYE! Does everyone agree?

I have a better question... why do you post all your questions on two different boards?  You asked the same thing on this board and on the chinesedemocracy.com board.  What gives?  And I know this isnt the first time you did this. 

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:33:58 PM »

maybe so he'll get different answers
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »

I don't see a problem with it......

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

I have a better question... why do you post all your questions on two different boards?? You asked the same thing on this board and on the chinesedemocracy.com board.? What gives?? And I know this isnt the first time you did this.?

why do you read two different boards?? Roll Eyes

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »

I have a better question... why do you post all your questions on two different boards?  You asked the same thing on this board and on the chinesedemocracy.com board.  What gives?  And I know this isnt the first time you did this. 

To be fair, I don't think that is a better question.
john b!
Opening Act

Please live and let die!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 04:55:49 PM »

I have a better question... why do you post all your questions on two different boards?? You asked the same thing on this board and on the chinesedemocracy.com board.? What gives?? And I know this isnt the first time you did this.?
-------------------> lol!

"If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane..."
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 05:08:33 PM »

I read somewhere that it's about the Manson family and Spawn ranch.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 05:48:27 PM »

The guy posted a question about a GNR song, he didn't start trolling on any of the topics that cause trouble, why is he getting abuse for it? So what if he asked the same question somewhere else to get some different opinions...maybe it interests him....

Anyway i think some of the other posts hold the answer...maybe a mix of drugs, the danger of fame and the LA lifestyle, and the general way a lot that can seem enticing and beautiful at first can ruin a man...
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

How about you be quiet and let him ask the question. He isn't starting some rumor or anything like that. It is a very legit question. Who cares if he has it on two different boards? Two different boards = many different points of view. So shh.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »

I'm not trying to cause no problems. I'm a fan just like evryone else and theres no problem getting more imput! We all learn new things or share ideas off of each other let's keep the unity and not the bashing. I'm glad to be member on this board also. Theres nothing wrong with being involved in as much GNR discussion as possible......

As far as
The Garden in my book ''The band that time forgot'' It states it is about a drug experience and how Axl's mindframe was at the time. The video shows all the tripped out stuff with the liquid type melting screen and so forth.....
bookiedude
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »

I always thought it best to see it as you choose to see it.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »

I may be wrong but I believe I read somewhere 'The Garden' was a name for the place they used to hang out in LA basically getting fucked all day long.

absolutelytrue
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 10:59:17 AM »

I think the song is reflecting a safe place.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

..as much as I like the Garden, I've never really given the lyrics much thought  peace

Over on this site:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1127
someone claims to think that the Garden is about:

Charles Manson and the Manson Girls. Axl has met Manson and at least one of his girls, namely Gypsy. The girls today are into gardening. They tend the garden daily. Manson has ATWA web site. It stands for air, trees, water, animals. Rose makes reference to a crazy man, life inside, trees, Gypsy and the garden. The duet is wth Alice Cooper because Alice wrote several songs about Manson in the early 70's. Copper was not selected by chance for this song. And now you know!

The Manson girls? ..anyway, I really like the lyrics:

Like a mouse inside a maze
Wandering round 4 daze
With a smile upon my face,
I never wanna leave this place  Grin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:29:07 AM by redx » Logged
Edward Rose
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 01:32:17 PM »

The video was shot in New York City because Madison Square Garden is called "The Garden." It got that name a long time ago because there used to be allot of flower shows at MSG. (The dancing flower in the pot)

The song though, in my oppinion, is about Schizo Affective Disorder and other psychotic mood disorders. Mark David Chapman had it...

http://www.nami.org/helpline/schizoaffective.htm

Just my oppinion... I could be wrong.
darkmonth
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »

I'm not trying to cause no problems. I'm a fan just like evryone else and theres no problem getting more imput! We all learn new things or share ideas off of each other let's keep the unity and not the bashing. I'm glad to be member on this board also. Theres nothing wrong with being involved in as much GNR discussion as possible......

As far as
The Garden in my book ''The band that time forgot'' It states it is about a drug experience and how Axl's mindframe was at the time. The video shows all the tripped out stuff with the liquid type melting screen and so forth.....

Paul Stenning ?

If it's you ... I think your book rocks Cheesy
Edward Rose
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

As far as

In my experience, artists haven't always been forthcoming with regards to what a song is about. Some won't even answer the question. I don't know the source of the above, but it's still my oppinion that the lyrics relate more to losing your mind rather than a drug experience. I've been there - done that with both  hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: