Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 05:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256857 times)
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2640 on: February 24, 2007, 02:17:27 AM »

The Lyrics in this song kick ass. Especially the "Absolution, Solution, Infatuation, Determination" part. And the "Invitation, Adoration, Inspiration, Aggravation" part. ?Very Cool!!!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2641 on: February 24, 2007, 03:05:33 AM »

"If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitations of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration"

Uhm, you can hate an invitation and it makes sense in the way it's used here.

I'm going with abhor, maybe you should look into continuing your education.

Just kidding! Wink

It's not abhor, its definately avoid. I was front row in Worcester and specifically watched his mouth for this word and its most certainly avoid.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #2642 on: February 24, 2007, 03:21:29 AM »

It's avoid.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2643 on: February 24, 2007, 03:35:14 AM »

"If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitations of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration"

Uhm, you can hate an invitation and it makes sense in the way it's used here.

I'm going with abhor, maybe you should look into continuing your education.

Just kidding! Wink

It's not abhor, its definately avoid. I was front row in Worcester and specifically watched his mouth for this word and its most certainly avoid.

the fact, that he sung avoid in worcester, doesn`t mean it`s also avoid in the demo....

he changes words quite a bit life ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2644 on: February 24, 2007, 05:04:13 AM »

uh...dude, it's avoid.  LOL
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #2645 on: February 24, 2007, 05:39:08 AM »

now after a cuple hearing i'm change my thought,and i think it is demo version

I have never seen so many tree
GeraldFord
« Reply #2646 on: February 24, 2007, 05:47:26 AM »

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but it's hard to read over so many pages....

Which version do people like more of "better", the '06 leak or the current one?

I personally like the newer one. I read some comments on some other boards (Velvet Rope, Sludge) and some people thought the newer version lost its edge, was overproduced, etc. Personally, however, I love the added synths in the background and the crisp production. The strong background harmonies at the end simply put it over the edge. But in general, especially with rock purists, a complaint will be that Chinese Democracy is overproduced with too many layers. But I think GN'R loyalists will argue that Axl has taken his band to new artistic heights and will hail the new album as Axl's masterpiece.

People have always either loved or hated Axl/GN'R and may the release of the new album continue the saga.

And we should also keep in mind that we have yet to hear the final album version.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2647 on: February 24, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but it's hard to read over so many pages....

Which version do people like more of "better", the '06 leak or the current one?

I personally like the newer one. I read some comments on some other boards (Velvet Rope, Sludge) and some people thought the newer version lost its edge, was overproduced, etc. Personally, however, I love the added synths in the background and the crisp production. The strong background harmonies at the end simply put it over the edge. But in general, especially with rock purists, a complaint will be that Chinese Democracy is overproduced with too many layers. But I think GN'R loyalists will argue that Axl has taken his band to new artistic heights and will hail the new album as Axl's masterpiece.

People have always either loved or hated Axl/GN'R and may the release of the new album continue the saga.

And we should also keep in mind that we have yet to hear the final album version.

I prefer '06 version.

The grinding/samey guitar work on Better is mixed too loud on the new one and Axl's voice is too low so all you can hear is the guitar. Furthermore, they've cut down Buckethead's bridges which I thought made the song what it is.
Q4Q4LS1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2648 on: February 24, 2007, 06:34:06 AM »

07 version sounds weird I prefer the 06. the studio version should be good.

They better have a couple songs that blow this one away.

Better is pretty good but no BIG GUN!

GeraldFord
« Reply #2649 on: February 24, 2007, 06:41:05 AM »

07 version sounds weird I prefer the 06. the studio version should be good.

They better have a couple songs that blow this one away.

Better is pretty good but no BIG GUN!

I made a CDR of my favorite GN'R songs and "better" fit right in next to PC, NR and WTTG.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2650 on: February 24, 2007, 09:43:56 AM »

uh...dude, it's avoid.  LOL

uh...dude  i don`t care what it is.  LOL

i never listened to it to find out what he actually says. it?s just, that he definitely changes words from time to time. situation/invitation is a good example of that....

i think the newer demo is the better one by the way. the main reason is the sound quality obviously.

a mix of both versions should be perfect, as you can`t hear the effects during the heavy part in the first version and you basically can?t hear the effects during the verses in the second version for example.

you people should stop judging the song on these two demos, as they obviously don`t resemble the song axl wants you to listen to ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2651 on: February 24, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »

Furthermore, they've cut down Buckethead's bridges which I thought made the song what it is.
The Buckethead's parts are still there, but not so loud.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2652 on: February 24, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »

Furthermore, they've cut down Buckethead's bridges which I thought made the song what it is.
The Buckethead's parts are still there, but not so loud.

Yep. I can't understand how people can't hear that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
bdmcn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2653 on: February 24, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »

I think the two versions are the same cut ... someone just EQ-ed the hell out of it: brought up Axl's vocals and drums, buried some guitars in parts, and added some cheesy synth ....? I am not fooled. It's the same song. It's not final.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #2654 on: February 24, 2007, 12:13:58 PM »

I think the two versions are the same cut ... someone just EQ-ed the hell out of it: brought up Axl's vocals and drums, buried some guitars in parts, and added some cheesy synth ....? I am not fooled. It's the same song. It's not final.

Riddle me this batman....

how did axl's lyrics change in the song if it is the same song??   

who's the fool?     Smiley     give it a good listen again.... you'll hear the different lyrics... no need to explain further..
bdmcn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2655 on: February 24, 2007, 12:20:28 PM »

Can you pls be more specific .... at which point in the song?  Which stanza? thx
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #2656 on: February 24, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »

from the 2:10 slot approx in the new version... now he sings "now I know you better"  last version was "now you know me better...   the lyrics changed in that whole 15 second or so verse!!   I just did a clip of it...

thoughts now?
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #2657 on: February 24, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »

I love the new version so far, this is not the final cut  but like last years Axl is putting songs on the internet to start promoting the album he knows what is going on thats hes plan.

Kill Your Idols
bdmcn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2658 on: February 24, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »

The 06 version is so grainy I don't think you can be totally sure there.  I am sticking to my guns.  Same song.
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #2659 on: February 24, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »

The 06 version is so grainy I don't think you can be totally sure there.? I am sticking to my guns.? Same song.

grainy?? ?are you sure you heard the new one?? (sorry, 06 was grainy! misread your post.. edited.. 07 is more clear, definitely different)
much more clean/cut version and different lyrics with background vocals (na,na,na,na)? believe it is tommy now added.. some say it is finck.. I think it is tommy on background at the end....
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: