Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 03:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256803 times)
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #2600 on: February 23, 2007, 06:51:07 AM »

All I have to say is that Jarmo is doing a great job shielding us from these leaks.  Today was the first I heard about the new version, and I even check the site on a daily basis.

Do any of you work for somone who criticizes your work before it's done?  I do, and I hate it.  Don't criticize the music until it's officially released.

Rock on Jarmo!  Keep up the good work!!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2601 on: February 23, 2007, 07:08:57 AM »

yeh Jarmo, im amazed sometimes how fkn professional you stay when you obviously get some a$$holes trying to p!ss you off all the time.

If it was me, i would just f@cking swear at them all day, but you keep it  Cool

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
FilipeMB
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2602 on: February 23, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »

i was hearing better today in my iLuv and i notice some minor differences, only heard with a headphone...

frank drums are a important part on each chorus. as important as pitman/dizzy synth.
a nice beat was added @ 3:18-20
the na-na-na thing.
FilipeMB
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2603 on: February 23, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »

btw, can some clarify to me how this better version leaked?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2604 on: February 23, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »

I'm likin' this version more that the 06 leak.  The synths give it that "wall of sound" type production that Phil Spector used with Lennon and others. ok

Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #2605 on: February 23, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »

Where's Tommy?!? nervous in that song.

Why BASS is so much covered with guitars? It's almost impossible to catch him actually playing? crying
And he is in the rythym section, so his playing should stand out same as drums and not beeing put in the main melodic line with guitars? Huh Am I right?

For me there are also too many Pitman's sounds for instance in 02:32 - 03:10 part, so again bass is not audible - compare it to live performances like Rock am Ring: there's a hell lot of Tommy's bass ok

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« Reply #2606 on: February 23, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »

Where's Tommy?!  nervous in that song.

Why BASS is so much covered with guitars? It's almost impossible to catch him actually playing  crying
And he is in the rythym section, so his playing should stand out same as drums and not beeing put in the main melodic line with guitars  Huh Am I right?

For me there are also too many Pitman's sounds for instance in 02:32 - 03:10 part, so again bass is not audible - compare it to live performances like Rock am Ring: there's a hell lot of Tommy's bass ok
This is not the final version there still mixing, just wait and when you get the album you could critizied the album but not a demos.

Kill Your Idols
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #2607 on: February 23, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

it isnt the final version. but i do agree about the desire to see tommy higher in there - his lead throb (heh) coming just before the final part of the song, live, is incredible.
jeorose
Rocker

« Reply #2608 on: February 23, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »

it isnt the final version. but i do agree about the desire to see tommy higher in there - his lead throb (heh) coming just before the final part of the song, live, is incredible.
I agree.

Kill Your Idols
jeorose
Rocker

« Reply #2609 on: February 23, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »

No more Buckethead on this version? sounds more like Bumblefoot.

Kill Your Idols
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #2610 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that (hypothetically) even if this is the "finished" version.. it still kicks ass, and I would love for it to be on the album?  I mean it seems alot of people are bitching and saying about how they should fix or that, turn this up while turning something else down.  I'm happy with it as it is.  Its definitly an "evolved" version of what GnR's old sound was.  I already got it blasting on my ipod.  Am I the only one that is happy with it like it is??

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #2611 on: February 23, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »

This is not the final version there still mixing, just wait and when you get the album you could critizied the album but not a demos.

Ther's no way I'm criticizing the song? peace I still like it very much. I'm just sad that on that version (whatever it is), I miss very much Tommy playing audibly? Cry
I agree.

You see, we argee on something in the bass matter Smiley? peace

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2612 on: February 23, 2007, 02:23:05 PM »

No more Buckethead on this version? sounds more like Bumblefoot.

Dude, the Buckethead parts in this version are EXACTLY the same.  They just aren't turned up as high
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2613 on: February 23, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that (hypothetically) even if this is the "finished" version.. it still kicks ass, and I would love for it to be on the album?? I mean it seems alot of people are bitching and saying about how they should fix or that, turn this up while turning something else down.? I'm happy with it as it is.? Its definitly an "evolved" version of what GnR's old sound was.? I already got it blasting on my ipod.? Am I the only one that is happy with it like it is??

You are very much not alone. Me as well as pretty much everyone I know love this version.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2614 on: February 23, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »

I officially now love this version..at first i wasnt fond of some of the effects...But now I barely notice them, in fact some of the synth adds to the song....i also didnt liek the original demo at first...so now im happy

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2615 on: February 23, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »

This version rules. I love the new effects and Axl's new harmonies. Brilliant.
Hopefully the final version is something like this. drool
DemocracyRose
« Reply #2616 on: February 23, 2007, 03:33:25 PM »

I dont if this has been posted...

Bumblefoot wrote:
"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34920#34920

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2617 on: February 23, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that (hypothetically) even if this is the "finished" version.. it still kicks ass, and I would love for it to be on the album?  I mean it seems alot of people are bitching and saying about how they should fix or that, turn this up while turning something else down.  I'm happy with it as it is.  Its definitly an "evolved" version of what GnR's old sound was.  I already got it blasting on my ipod.  Am I the only one that is happy with it like it is??

I like this version about the same.  I don't really understand why people are freaking out about it.  It's pretty much the same song, just with the electronic parts turned up louder, cleaner vocals, and the added layer of vocal harmonies at the end, very Queen-like by the way.  It still sounds great.  I actually like the heavy section better  now, it sounds fuller and the vocals are awesome
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #2618 on: February 23, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »

What many people seem to miss is that, to the untrained ear, you'd hear it and think that it still sounds like Guns N Roses - just a contemporary sounding GNR as opposed to the 87-93 era 'classic rock' sound - but still recognisably heavy and intense. "Better" may not be a fast rock track or a screechy guitar number, but it is a strong, heavy/grinding crunchy riff song that takes elements of the 'classic' sound, and recasts it in a more modern (but not time-specific) style. For what it's worth, I never tire of hearing the newer songs - not something I can say about the original lineup's work. 

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2619 on: February 23, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »

From the "Hit List" in the new Entertainment Weekly:

#9  Alleged Chinese Democracy Track Leaks:
Jesus, newly returned, says it's "not a revelation," adding, "see what I did there?"
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: