Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256734 times)
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #2580 on: February 22, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »

Personallyl I'd crank up the guitars and crank down the keyboards, but that is just my opinion
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:15:59 PM by mnsotapop » Logged

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2581 on: February 22, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »

No. It  is something else here, and we all know what it is.

I'm so happy that you, and others like you, know everything about why I do things the way I do them.

It spares me from having to tell you the truth. The truth isn't as exciting as your theories anyway.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2582 on: February 22, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

This version Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckssss.

way to much "non-rock" sounds in it.  synths and keyboards galore - doesn't sound like GNR at all to me.  The intro is worse than before and the outro still sucks.

I pray this isn't the first single. 

well i think u have 2 pray night and day for that not to happen ok

and yeah i think this intro pretty much is what it's gonna sound like on the record since it's the same intro as in the HD commercial

Yeah, seeing as how God hates me, I don't think that will work either. 

Guns is going to be laughed at - This shitty song is what people waited over a decade for?  Fuck me dudes....fuck. me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2583 on: February 22, 2007, 10:18:21 PM »

Personallyl I'd crank up the guitars and crank down the keyboards, but that is just my opinion

agree 100%.   last i checked Guns was a rock band right???  what a joke.

its a bad comparison of bands, but this reminds me when LIVE got all keyboardy and basically stopped being a good rock band.  now they are on vh1 and shit and adult radio stations.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2584 on: February 22, 2007, 10:22:17 PM »

No. It? is something else here, and we all know what it is.

I'm so happy that you, and others like you, know everything about why I do things the way I do them.

It spares me from having to tell you the truth. The truth isn't as exciting as your theories anyway.

/jarmo

Right you are, theories  are always more fun. It  is what makes life  exciting.

"others like me"?
You mean other  donuts?
No one  is sparing you from the truth. In fact, we eagerly await it: we are all listening.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #2585 on: February 22, 2007, 10:23:33 PM »

The song fucking rocks. I can't believe people don't like it. With the guitars louder, but still be able to hear Pittman's work, and this song is gonna be killer. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2586 on: February 22, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »

Didn't an illegal "Bad Apples" leak get radio airplay before UYI's?
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #2587 on: February 22, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »

I want MORE synth !   yes

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #2588 on: February 22, 2007, 10:35:36 PM »

The song fucking rocks. I can't believe people don't like it. With the guitars louder, but still be able to hear Pittman's work, and this song is gonna be killer. smoking

I agree with you man.  yes  beer

This is a fucking LEAK people, NOT the final mix that we'll hear when the album gets released.  rant

Fucking unbelievable.  confused
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2589 on: February 22, 2007, 10:38:13 PM »

This is a fucking LEAK people, NOT the final mix that we'll hear when the album gets released.  rant

oh c'mon, the final version isn't going to be radically different from this version.   its just not a great song for one of the best hard rock bands ever to release as their first single after 10+ years of nothing. 

when people think GNR they think of jungle, sweet child - not keyboards and synths and robot jerk off noises. Sad

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2590 on: February 22, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »

I want MORE synth !? ?yes

/bringbackadler
Amen!

"when people think GNR they think of jungle, sweet child - not keyboards and synths and robot jerk off noises."

Guns were all about the guitar during the 80's. (AFD)
Guns were all about the keyboards during the 90's. (UYI)
Guns ARE all about the synths NOW. (CD)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #2591 on: February 22, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »

I agree. The leak we're hearing now will sound very close to the album version. I really don't see it changing all that much. "Better" is a good song, but personally I think they could have done much "better" for a first single.

Personally, of everything we heard so far, I think T.W.A.T. would have been a the best comeback song after such a drought. Especially if a Bucket solo remains.

Bring on the synth !

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:47:36 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2592 on: February 22, 2007, 10:45:27 PM »

My opinion is that Better ?is a catchy tune, nice melody, sing along type, made for massive ?radio play. If you want the harder ?rock n' roll then you have IRS, CD, Rhiad. The album will be ?a mix of different ?styles--Dizzy and others have ?told ?us this for years.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2593 on: February 22, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »

I want MORE synth !   yes

/bringbackadler
Amen!

"when people think GNR they think of jungle, sweet child - not keyboards and synths and robot jerk off noises."

I know you are probably just joking around, but if GnR are going to overload these tracks with synth, then they will be making a big mistake. The one criticism just waiting to leap out from inside this can of worms is 'overproduction.' Too much synth will go a long way to fueling this criticism.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #2594 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »

oh c'mon, the final version isn't going to be radically different from this version.   its just not a great song for one of the best hard rock bands ever to release as their first single after 10+ years of nothing. 

when people think GNR they think of jungle, sweet child - not keyboards and synths and robot jerk off noises. Sad

I didn't say it was going to be radically different.  rant

I listened to it once and it sounds to me like a real rough mix with very uneven instrument/vocal levels.  yes

So what's your point? Who ever said Axl was gonna' release this as the first single anyway?

As far as I'm concerned this won't be the first single for obvious reasons. It leaked.

I think the first single will be a kickass song none of us has heard before.

Whatever. confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2595 on: February 22, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »

No. It  is something else here, and we all know what it is.

/jarmo

Right you are, theories  are always more fun. It  is what makes life  exciting.

"others like me"?
You mean other  donuts?
No one  is sparing you from the truth. In fact, we eagerly await it: we are all listening.

Oddly enough you skipped the post in this thread where I explained why you don't see a news item about a leak posted on the site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2596 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

No. It? is something else here, and we all know what it is.

/jarmo

Right you are, theories? are always more fun. It? is what makes life? exciting.

"others like me"?
You mean other? donuts?
No one? is sparing you from the truth. In fact, we eagerly await it: we are all listening.

Oddly enough you skipped the post in this thread where I explained why you don't see a news item about a leak posted on the site.

/jarmo

131 pages of (mostly) drivel? Yes, it? is possible that I missed that post. Please? excuse me for having time constraints.
BTW, smart  people  make whole careers  based upon creating theories.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:11:50 AM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
darkmonth
« Reply #2597 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

No dude ... Guns has always been a guitar driven band.  Sure, the piano and synth came into it more in the 90's ... but the band was still heavily guitar driven.  If you can't hear that, go buy a new CD player Smiley

I hope they push the guitars up on GnR's new album, because I don't want them to alienate 90% of the fans.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2598 on: February 23, 2007, 03:34:23 AM »

Well, I like Better, and to me it's positively different than other todays rock songs (Korn, System of a down etc.). Please, remember that no matter what they release, lots of people will thrash new songs. So many seem to really think that Axl has ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT for the past 10-13 years just been sitting in studio writing Chinese Democracy...

(Sorry for my rusty english.)
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #2599 on: February 23, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

I havent seen this mentioned:

you know the part where the guy in the background (Robin maybe, but not Axl), starts singing
"Now I know you better, Now you know..." etc.

I used to hate that part...Now it sounds kinda cool...Like he's just angrier and its more of a growl.

or am i just trippin?

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: