Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 11:25:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256627 times)
TheMole
« Reply #2520 on: February 22, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »

I've listened to it quite a few times now, and came to a conclusion... the Pitman parts are a rip-off from the critically acclaimed feature length Southpark Movie!! Uncle Fucker anyone?  Grin
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2521 on: February 22, 2007, 08:24:10 AM »

Is there any evdience to say Ron will be on the song? Why is everybody so certain BH will have gone?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #2522 on: February 22, 2007, 08:26:16 AM »

who is bucketheaqd?ex member of gunsnroses?
and stop crying for him,for slash ,for...?

I have never seen so many tree
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2523 on: February 22, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »

Just had a god awful thought. Imagine that the new leak really is closer to the version that will appear on the album  Sad

Here's what caused the thought: There was television program on afew nights ago about Kurt Cobain. There was an interview with someone (name not known) who was sent a copy of In Utero, he said it sounded amazing and Kurt said this was the sound he had been looking for. That version of In Utero was rejected by the record company. The album was re mix. I like the released mix of In Utero, but since seeing that TV prog i'm now thinking, I wish i could get hold of the none released mix of In Utero, as (according to the unkown someone) it sounded so much better  Smiley

The 2006 leak of Better is the cool raw mix I'm liking the most. This 2007 leak is no where near as good  Undecided
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #2524 on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »

Just had a god awful thought. Imagine that the new leak really is closer to the version that will appear on the album? Sad

Here's what caused the thought: There was television program on afew nights ago about Kurt Cobain. There was an interview with someone (name not known) who was sent a copy of In Utero, he said it sounded amazing and Kurt said this was the sound he had been looking for. That version of In Utero was rejected by the record company. The album was re mix. I like the released mix of In Utero, but since seeing that TV prog i'm now thinking, I wish i could get hold of the none released mix of In Utero, as (according to the unkown someone) it sounded so much better? Smiley

The 2006 leak of Better is the cool raw mix I'm liking the most. This 2007 leak is no where near as good? Undecided

but before you heard bout the lost in utero mix, you werent thinkin "this is such a shitty mix, i want a different one" were you?

i think the label insisted on having scott litt do some additional mixing. he has worked with rem a lot. the previous mix was probably a lot "dirtier". if it was available id listen, but i like it as it is.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #2525 on: February 22, 2007, 08:47:52 AM »

if these leaks are not authorized by gnr, how hard is it to understand that a fan site doesn't allow sharing leaked material?! anyone would half a brain understands that! i totally understand the curiosity but i also understand this:

i do not know any serious fan site that accepts or encourages sharing of leaked material, and i've been to a few.

so of course jarmo has to react to it to make people understand this is harming the band, even bbf said so in his recent email.

Explain how is this harming the band?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2526 on: February 22, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »

Except for the line switch, NOTHING HAS CHANGED in the new leak. Everything (including Pitman's funky synth stuff) is there in the old leak, this time around it has just been mixed differently.
I can make the old leak sound like the new leak, all you need is an audio software like Adobe Audition for example, put a filter on and tinker with the EQ... There you go.

And besides, the mix was so sloppy that I doubt that it's something other than a fan-edit. Listen closely, and you'll notice that the volume changes several times during the song.

ok

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #2527 on: February 22, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

Except for the line switch, NOTHING HAS CHANGED in the new leak. Everything (including Pitman's funky synth stuff) is there in the old leak, this time around it has just been mixed differently.
I can make the old leak sound like the new leak, all you need is an audio software like Adobe Audition for example, put a filter on and tinker with the EQ... There you go.

And besides, the mix was so sloppy that I doubt that it's something other than a fan-edit. Listen closely, and you'll notice that the volume changes several times during the song.

ok

and what about the voice ?

the voice is NOT the same...

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2528 on: February 22, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »

Here's what caused the thought: There was television program on afew nights ago about Kurt Cobain. There was an interview with someone (name not known) who was sent a copy of In Utero, he said it sounded amazing and Kurt said this was the sound he had been looking for. That version of In Utero was rejected by the record company. The album was re mix. I like the released mix of In Utero, but since seeing that TV prog i'm now thinking, I wish i could get hold of the none released mix of In Utero, as (according to the unkown someone) it sounded so much better  Smiley

Actually you have that story completely ass-backwards. Kurt was unhappy with Steve Albini's mix of the album which pushed the vocals way back in the mix (which is fairly typical of anything Albini produces) and so they brought in Scott Litt (who has worked with REM) to add some clarity to the instrumentation (namely the bass), re-EQ'd everything in the mastering stage, and completely remixed a few songs. That is what was released. The remix was in response to the band not being happy with the job Steve Albini did.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #2529 on: February 22, 2007, 09:20:56 AM »

Just had a god awful thought. Imagine that the new leak really is closer to the version that will appear on the album? Sad

Here's what caused the thought: There was television program on afew nights ago about Kurt Cobain. There was an interview with someone (name not known) who was sent a copy of In Utero, he said it sounded amazing and Kurt said this was the sound he had been looking for. That version of In Utero was rejected by the record company. The album was re mix. I like the released mix of In Utero, but since seeing that TV prog i'm now thinking, I wish i could get hold of the none released mix of In Utero, as (according to the unkown someone) it sounded so much better? Smiley

The 2006 leak of Better is the cool raw mix I'm liking the most. This 2007 leak is no where near as good? Undecided

there is no way in hell that chinese democracy would have initially sounded anything like the original in utero. steve albini recorded in utero and is reknowned for an abrasive, raw and uncomplicated representation of the music (though his work on the new stooges album is an absolute disgrace).
guns have always, always had their edges smoothed somewhat.

and that is bullshit about the record company rejecting in utero - kurt to felt like it needed extra work if it was going to sell. what you heard was everett true putting his own spin on the situation.

had in utero come out in its original form it would have sounded as rough as proper demo versions, all of it would have sounded like very ape or tourettes.
and really, there was very little done productionwise to the record. a lot of what you hear is what was originally intended. only remixing was done to heart-shaped box and all apologies. there was also a remix of pennyroyal tea (the definitive version, where the chrous really soars) that was to be released as a single, but then you know...
it can be found on the greatest hits package.
TheMole
« Reply #2530 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »

No you can't. It's not possible to do this without drastically 'coloring' the sound. Furthermore, there definitely is new material on this one. So I'll repeat: no you can't. As a matter of fact, I dare you to take the original leak and make it sound like the new one. That should stop this whole discussion, shouldn't it? Go ahead, prove me wrong.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2531 on: February 22, 2007, 09:42:08 AM »

I love how everyone is a master producer and audio engineer on this board.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2532 on: February 22, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »

a question:

do this new version of BETTER is "much" diferent from what the band played live the last tour??

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2533 on: February 22, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »

a question:

do this new version of BETTER is "much" diferent from what the band played live the last tour??

Apart from BBFs parts, not much. But it's hard to say really, live is live.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2534 on: February 22, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »

Just found out a Baltimore radio station played the "new" leak this morning.
They complained about the production quality, of course.

But complimented Axl's vocals.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #2535 on: February 22, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »

one thing i noticed in the comments section of the site where it was originally posted was that people's complaints were mostly things like "over-produced."  onsidering its not the final mix and the fact that most people, particularly on the internet, think its cool to bash axl and gnr, i think thats a good sign.  also that dude's positive review of the leak from the village voice is coming up on google now if anyone noticed.  i think the general public's response to better could  potentially be a similarly surprised and pleased one.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #2536 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:01 AM »

sorry if this has been raised before (it probably has): i've just put better into itunes and under the info it says that this is track 1 on a disc of 11 tracks.
anybody any info on this?
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #2537 on: February 22, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »

I love how everyone is a master producer and audio engineer on this board.

don't need to be to understand the basics dude.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2538 on: February 22, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »

sorry if this has been raised before (it probably has): i've just put better into itunes and under the info it says that this is track 1 on a disc of 11 tracks.
anybody any info on this?

No other than it might be 10 other tracks floating around somewhere.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #2539 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »

Perhaps the leak was intended, just to see our reaction... Perhaps they wanted to know which version we like more: The raw 2006 one or the 2007 one...

Could be...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: