Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 09:32:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256586 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2480 on: February 21, 2007, 10:16:43 PM »

If person A asks for something in public and person B says "check your PMs", don't you think Person B sent A a PM that he wants A to see?

I've never seen people helping others out by posting "check your PMs" randomly without a good reason.

Maybe you go around asking people randomly "Did you check your e-mail?"..... Try it, I wouldn't be shocked if the reply you get is "Why? Did you e-mail me something?".

Of course, but if you go about banning everyone who implies sending a link or implies asking for a link, you'd be the only one left here.  If I said "I haven't heard this song.  I'd like to hear what it sounds like." would that warrant a ban?  It could be implied that I'm asking for someone to send it to me.  However, I could just be stating that I'd like to hear it, without ever having intended for anyone to send it to me.  Bottom line is, you can't interpret the post as a request for a leak.

And it works vice versa.  If I say to someone who requests a link "check your PMs," I could be inviting the poster to join another site, where people are able to discuss things more openly and not have to worry about arbitrarily being banned without fair warning.

Ok... sorry for dragging this thread off topic.  I would've sent a PM, but I was afraid I'd get banned.   Kiss

GNRevolution... the missing link.
DuffRoze
Headliner

Runs n' Goses!

« Reply #2481 on: February 21, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »

And management didn't leak it.

They said the same thing last year to. They have all the motive in the world to leak the track right now, and clearly won't take credit for it.

why would they tell the station to stop playing it then? Why not let it continue to play? Why leak a demo? Might as well leak the studio version now, no?

In theory, demos are leaked by management either as a ploy to get Axl to hurry up (made sense in 06) or to test the waters while having the option of saying 'yea, well it's only a demo' if people hate it (makes sense now; they learned that lesson from Oh My God).

I doubt management gives a flying FUCK about what us diehard fanboys and girls, think of the songs, we are merely like 0.001% of the people who are possibly gonna buy this album,

But i do believe it could be (could of Been) to get Axl to hurry up.

What i believe is probly a sound engineer that has/was working on the album and took what he could and after a ride on the gravy train us forumers got it. ?But i dont give a fuck. ?it's a good song. and Guns know it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!?
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #2482 on: February 21, 2007, 10:18:20 PM »

You're a sneaky bastard Backslash.   hihi

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #2483 on: February 21, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »

it doesn't sound like a band. it sounds like a machine. there's no swing or creases. it's certainly not 'you ain't the first' (which in all probability was pieced together in much the same way). pro-tools has taken something out of this current mix.
there is still much to admire, maybe even love - particularly axls delivery.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2484 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »

If person A asks for something in public and person B says "check your PMs", don't you think Person B sent A a PM that he wants A to see?

I've never seen people helping others out by posting "check your PMs" randomly without a good reason.

Maybe you go around asking people randomly "Did you check your e-mail?"..... Try it, I wouldn't be shocked if the reply you get is "Why? Did you e-mail me something?".

Of course, but if you go about banning everyone who implies sending a link or implies asking for a link, you'd be the only one left here.? If I said "I haven't heard this song.? I'd like to hear what it sounds like." would that warrant a ban?? It could be implied that I'm asking for someone to send it to me.? However, I could just be stating that I'd like to hear it, without ever having intended for anyone to send it to me.? Bottom line is, you can't interpret the post as a request for a leak.

And it works vice versa.? If I say to someone who requests a link "check your PMs," I could be inviting the poster to join another site, where people are able to discuss things more openly and not have to worry about arbitrarily being banned without fair warning.

Ok... sorry for dragging this thread off topic.? I would've sent a PM, but I was afraid I'd get banned.? ?Kiss

Have you ever wondered why they hang "Don't feed the Bears" signs in parks???
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2485 on: February 21, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »

You're a sneaky bastard Backslash.? ?hihi

yeah that was funny.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2486 on: February 21, 2007, 10:21:06 PM »

You're a sneaky bastard Backslash.? ?hihi

yeah....he is...Smiley

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2487 on: February 21, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »

since they're not playing it again...i'm going to bed.

**NITE ALL**

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #2488 on: February 21, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

Has anyone ever considered that it was the Record Label that leaked this version of Better? Doesn't the Record company have the final say on what version makes it on the album? I am thinking that Universal may have leaked it with out notifying Axl, the band, and their management.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2489 on: February 21, 2007, 10:23:51 PM »

Of course, but if you go about banning everyone who implies sending a link or implies asking for a link, you'd be the only one left here.? If I said "I haven't heard this song.? I'd like to hear what it sounds like." would that warrant a ban?? It could be implied that I'm asking for someone to send it to me.? However, I could just be stating that I'd like to hear it, without ever having intended for anyone to send it to me.? Bottom line is, you can't interpret the post as a request for a leak.

And it works vice versa.? If I say to someone who requests a link "check your PMs," I could be inviting the poster to join another site, where people are able to discuss things more openly and not have to worry about arbitrarily being banned without fair warning.

Ok... sorry for dragging this thread off topic.? I would've sent a PM, but I was afraid I'd get banned.? ?Kiss

Because bears don't say 'thank you'?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2490 on: February 21, 2007, 10:24:59 PM »

Of course, but if you go about banning everyone who implies sending a link or implies asking for a link, you'd be the only one left here.  If I said "I haven't heard this song.  I'd like to hear what it sounds like." would that warrant a ban?  It could be implied that I'm asking for someone to send it to me.  However, I could just be stating that I'd like to hear it, without ever having intended for anyone to send it to me.  Bottom line is, you can't interpret the post as a request for a leak.

And it works vice versa.  If I say to someone who requests a link "check your PMs," I could be inviting the poster to join another site, where people are able to discuss things more openly and not have to worry about arbitrarily being banned without fair warning.

Ok... sorry for dragging this thread off topic.  I would've sent a PM, but I was afraid I'd get banned.   Kiss

sometimes ,they seem pointless to me.cause hell that bastard god can't even follow the fucking rules. guy/girl is always feeding them things.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2491 on: February 21, 2007, 10:26:37 PM »

the bears could be on a veterinary prescribed diet.  There is more than one logical explanation... just as there is more than one possible reason that BLS said that.  Sure it's probable that he sent the link, but it's not 100%.  It's like saying if I feed a bear it will eat me.  It probably will eat me, but it's not the only outcome.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2492 on: February 21, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »

the bears could be on a veterinary prescribed diet.? There is more than one logical explanation... just as there is more than one possible reason that BLS said that.? Sure it's probable that he sent the link, but it's not 100%.? It's like saying if I feed a bear it will eat me.? It probably will eat me, but it's not the only outcome.

Fine, I'll get more literal...

|___________________|
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:31:46 PM by C0ma » Logged
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #2493 on: February 21, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »

I think Jarmo knows how to find food on his own.

To not be off-topic: I doubt this is the final album version of Better but it's cool either way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:47:49 PM by Communist China » Logged

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2494 on: February 21, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

lmao hahahaha that seriously cracked me up!!! rofl

going into my sig!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2495 on: February 21, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »

lmao hahahaha that seriously cracked me up!!! rofl

going into my sig!

lol  rofl banned! ... post will be deleted soon
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2496 on: February 21, 2007, 10:48:41 PM »

I'm sure he does...
But what is the sense in baiting him? He runs this site, It's his rules. This isn't some Government run "Vehicle of Free Speech". Everyone thinks that when they have some noble argument against something he has done,they can push him to the limit, and that when they are finished taunting him that he will suddenly change his views because you think he has some obligation to allow you to say what you want.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #2497 on: February 21, 2007, 10:50:49 PM »

I'm sure he does...
But what is the sense in baiting him? He runs this site, It's his rules. This isn't some Government run "Vehicle of Free Speech". Everyone thinks that when they have some noble argument against something he has done,they can push him to the limit, and that when they are finished taunting him that he will suddenly change his views because you think he has some obligation to allow you to say what you want.

I'm just trying to understand the rules.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2498 on: February 21, 2007, 10:53:23 PM »

Check your PMs.  Wink

EFISH
« Reply #2499 on: February 21, 2007, 10:54:21 PM »

Check your PMs.  Wink

Ok, jesus crist we get it already. You said sorry for bringing this thread off-topic, yet you keep doing it?
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: