Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 07:24:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256522 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #2440 on: February 21, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »

when was the last time they played it on kroq?

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2441 on: February 21, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »

LOL 'keys of chaos''. I've a heard a rumor..strictly insider information, and no i wont reveal the source (of couse not). But there are plans to send Pitman and a copy of Better into space, with hope of mother goose making contact with those who live far beyond.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
GeraldFord
« Reply #2442 on: February 21, 2007, 09:20:42 PM »

Much like everyone else on the board, I have been listening to "Better" now for the past year, and while I've always loved the song, I feel that the new leak is a vast improvement. I LOVE the cool synths in the background--SOOOOOOOOO fucking cool.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2443 on: February 21, 2007, 09:21:08 PM »

Why are you staying?

Because like everyone else I keep dreaming one day I am going to come here and see a release date posted on the first page. I guess I am just not as tolerant nor patient as others while doing so.

You have to admit even from your own rosey point of view that re-leaking your own song one year later is a little played out when there are bigger fish to fry.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2444 on: February 21, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »

Much like everyone else on the board, I have been listening to "Better" now for the past year, and while I've always loved the song, I feel that the new leak is a vast improvement. I LOVE the cool synths in the background--SOOOOOOOOO fucking cool.

And for me, it's gets no better than the vocal harmonies at the end...a definite improvement overall.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2445 on: February 21, 2007, 09:23:53 PM »

can someone pm me a link to the new version of better?

Check your inbox.

Banned!

People seem to think I'm joking when I say that we do not allow links to any leaks here.

/jarmo

Of course, there's the possibility that BLS PMed the poster saying that it's against the rules to request links on the board and probably never attached a file.  Just because it's implied that he sent a link doesn't actually mean he sent one.  Unless you have the ability to read the original poster's PMs.

That's a few people banned this way today... I'm curious what's happening to the ones requesting the links.  I thought the rule was that we couldn't request links to leaks?

Anyway, I don't think this is a finished version.  I don't think there is a finished version... yet...

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #2446 on: February 21, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »

LOL 'keys of chaos''. I've a heard a rumor..strictly insider information, and no i wont reveal the source (of couse not). But there are plans to send Pitman and a copy of Better into space, with hope of mother goose making contact with those who live far beyond.

You mean... he's going... home?

It takes the band's music to the next level; makes it more contemporary. If the band still sounded like they did from '86-'94, I wouldn't really give a rip. They're pushing into new territory (maybe not on a 'change modern music' level, but they're producing great tunes) and Pittman is truly showing how much of an asset he is.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2447 on: February 21, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »

That's a few people banned this way today... I'm curious what's happening to the ones requesting the links.  I thought the rule was that we couldn't request links to leaks?

I've banned a bunch of people who are either refusing to follow the rules, too dumb or too lazy to read the first thread in this section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2448 on: February 21, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »

whats going on with this station? It was supposed to be on again in "17 minutes" That has since elapsed.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #2449 on: February 21, 2007, 09:31:52 PM »

You mean... he's going... home?

It takes the band's music to the next level; makes it more contemporary. If the band still sounded like they did from '86-'94, I wouldn't really give a rip. They're pushing into new territory (maybe not on a 'change modern music' level, but they're producing great tunes) and Pittman is truly showing how much of an asset he is.

Expanding boundary's is a great thing and keep a career alive. Look at U2, they have changed and stayed towards the front end of musical expansion... They haven't been forgotten.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2450 on: February 21, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

That's a few people banned this way today... I'm curious what's happening to the ones requesting the links.? I thought the rule was that we couldn't request links to leaks?

I've banned a bunch of people who are either refusing to follow the rules, too dumb or too lazy to read the first thread in this section.

/jarmo

How did BLS break the rules in the first thread?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2451 on: February 21, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »

I like the new "leak."
Cleaner, better ?vocals.
If this is trial run, it worked. Release this version.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2452 on: February 21, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, he didn't post a leak.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #2453 on: February 21, 2007, 09:37:56 PM »

I like the new "leak."
Cleaner, better ?vocals.

BH/Bumble guitars have been turned down significantly. There is something missing.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2454 on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »

I like the new "leak."
Cleaner, better  vocals.

BH/Bumble guitars have been turned down significantly. There is something missing.

Bumblefoot isnt on this recording.  ok

Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #2455 on: February 21, 2007, 09:44:09 PM »

That's a few people banned this way today... I'm curious what's happening to the ones requesting the links.? I thought the rule was that we couldn't request links to leaks?

/jarmo

Yeah, he didn't post a leak.

No one can even confirm he sent any link to any song to that guy.  Like Backslash said, very well could have told him it's against the rules.  And BLS didn't post any link. 

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2456 on: February 21, 2007, 09:47:50 PM »

You are guilty until you are told that you are  not.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2457 on: February 21, 2007, 09:48:01 PM »

I know you're upset that your buddy got banned.

He should've known better....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2458 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:43 PM »

Known better than to advise others to stay up to date on their private messages? That's good advice any time, especially when a poster just broke the rules. I'm pretty sure that BLS just wanted to alert that new poster that he may be in danger of getting negative karma.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2459 on: February 21, 2007, 09:53:04 PM »

So, have any other stations played it???

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »