Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 06:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256486 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2420 on: February 21, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »

How can someone like BLS Pride get banned but the guy asking for the link doesnt?

I think someone in GNR's camp or label had to leak this.

Think a bout it, who else could get their hands on something like this?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #2421 on: February 21, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »

can someone pm me a link to the new version of better?

Check your inbox.

Banned!

People seem to think I'm joking when I say that we do not allow links to any leaks here.

/jarmo

I don't think people understand the legal ramifications of doing stuff like that. They are lucky that you are protecting them, but they think that they are just being treated poorly.

i think jarmo does it for his own reasons that he considers honorable, and thats fine by me.

but whereas there may be a case for protecting the site from legal ramifications, it isnt jarmo's job to protect individuals. it is up to individuals to inform themselves and act acordingly. but they must interpret that word ..."accordingly" for themselves.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
EFISH
« Reply #2422 on: February 21, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »

How can someone like BLS Pride get banned but the guy asking for the link doesnt?

I agree.

It was probably just done to give us something, a bit different, cooler version, but nothing NEW really.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2423 on: February 21, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »

Speculation on my part but Axl did say March 6th right?

Maybe they are gauging public interest by doing the "Leak" and once they see it is exploding and everyone is going fuckin crazy over it, they will ship the proper version to radio stations and announce a release date.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #2424 on: February 21, 2007, 09:00:37 PM »

I agree.

It was probably just done to give us something, a bit different, cooler version, but nothing NEW really.

hahaha ?hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Ath this point i just have to remind peole who originally suggested that the leaks of last year were an inside job, then got branded a "narc", among other things?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

but thats the last time you'll hear me do that. probably.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2425 on: February 21, 2007, 09:00:57 PM »

Maybe they are gauging public interest by doing the "Leak" and once they see it is exploding and everyone is going fuckin crazy over it, they will ship the proper version to radio stations and announce a release date.

I think they tried doing the same thing this time last year as well. Not sure how releaking a song you have been playing for a year is the best way to get things going, but it is better than nothing I guess. Seems they are low on new ideas in that camp now that they are recycling old ones.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #2426 on: February 21, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »

Which is sweet cause everyone is gonna be like "daaaammm check'out those krazy synths!"

Is is rather nice of Chris to allow Axl to sing on this track. Seriously, though the effects and backing arrangements are fantastic.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2427 on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »

The GNR camp still never took credit for "leaking" the demos last year. No way they're gonna be taken credit for this.

And I'm loving the effects alot- and the whole backing arrangements. Great stuff.
The loud drums on the chorus really help it.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2428 on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »

Which is sweet cause everyone is gonna be like "daaaammm check'out those krazy synths!"

Is is rather nice of Chris to allow Axl to sing on this track. Seriously, though the effects and backing arrangements are fantastic.

your right it's very nice of chris. But he's a nice guy, he even let axl call the band Gn'R.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2429 on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »

Of course it came from GNR camp. The question is what was the motivation. Maybe it is intended to get feedback on which version should be released ?as a single.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2430 on: February 21, 2007, 09:05:15 PM »

Who in their right mind would ever take GNR's camp at their word? Seriously! If they admitted to it, HELLO they'd look like the cheesiest fuckers ever by leakin their own song so of course they would deny it.

Notice no body got sued either.

Also no average Joe is gonna be able to get their hands on something this guarded.

Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #2431 on: February 21, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

your right it's very nice of chris. But he's a nice guy, he even let axl call the band Gn'R.

True, but he wanted the 'G' to stand for 'Goose'. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2432 on: February 21, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

yeah but banning is a little harsh considering it's on the radio. ?hallo?Huh ?LOL ?It's on the radio buddy. ?How can you ban somebody for posting links to what you assume is a leak when it's pretty obvious it's the new single. ?Millions are gonna download it off kroq right now as we speak. ?Hate to say it, but Jarmo doing that is just not cool. ? -karma points? ?this stuff wreaks of a little boy who got picked on in middle school and has power trip issues - sorry to say. ?Heck, I will probably get banned or bad karma just for saying that...LOL : ?Freedom of speach here in America man. ?ok:
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2433 on: February 21, 2007, 09:08:22 PM »

very true, but people often forget that pitman's middle name is compromise..and it's not just a name, it's a way of life.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2434 on: February 21, 2007, 09:09:03 PM »

I wouldn't say "Millions".

And what's Pitman's middle name? I knew it started with C. Huh
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2435 on: February 21, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »

yeah but banning is a little harsh considering it's on the radio.

Um, we weren't even allowed to talk about articles that were physically published in Newspapers?Magazines or posted on the GNR website itself, you think something small like a song on the radio is going to be allowed on this board considering that track record?
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #2436 on: February 21, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »

very true, but people often forget that pitman's middle name is compromise..and it's not just a name, it's a way of life.

There's so much we can learn from him. Back on topic, it's like 'Better' is sort of a how-to manual for rockin' out on your synthethizer. It's all about the keys of chaos.

Syd Vega
Headliner

Let me break your heart

« Reply #2437 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »

yeah but banning is a little harsh considering it's on the radio. ?hallo?Huh ?LOL ?It's on the radio buddy. ?How can you ban somebody for posting links to what you assume is a leak when it's pretty obvious it's the new single. ?Millions are gonna download it off kroq right now as we speak. ?Hate to say it, but Jarmo doing that is just not cool. ? -karma points? ?this stuff wreaks of a little boy who got picked on in middle school and has power trip issues - sorry to say. ?Heck, I will probably get banned or bad karma just for saying that...LOL : ?Freedom of speach here in America man. ?ok:

I agree with everything you said
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #2438 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:36 PM »

Have you guys lost all common sense?? I mean really. The band did not leak its own unfinished tracks to gauge reaction. It is obvious to me, and I'm sure others that still have common sense that someone stole these leaks and took it upon themselves to release them. Which in of itself is not all that uncommon. Leaks happen in the music buisness all the time, its just they don't gain the interest of the mainstream media because their mostly not from a band that has been working on this material, in some form or another, for 10+ years. And not Axl Rose. It gets radio play, and gains the interest of almost every major publication because its from a once very popular band that has not released an album in a very very long time. I believe there is no way that this band or its management or label would knowingly leak unfinished materal and I just can't understand why people would even come to that conclusion. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2439 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

yeah but banning is a little harsh considering it's on the radio.  hallo?Huh  LOL  It's on the radio buddy.  How can you ban somebody for posting links to what you assume is a leak when it's pretty obvious it's the new single.  Millions are gonna download it off kroq right now as we speak.  Hate to say it, but Jarmo doing that is just not cool.   -karma points?  this stuff wreaks of a little boy who got picked on in middle school and has power trip issues - sorry to say.  Heck, I will probably get banned or bad karma just for saying that...LOL :  Freedom of speach here in America man.  ok:

Another freedom of speech crusader.

Our house, our rules.

Your house, your rules.

Fair enough?

If you don't want to play by our rules, you either leave or get banned.

It's very simple.

I don't care if it's on the radio, it's still a leaked track that was played before it was supposed to.

By your logic, just because it's on the Internet, we should allow links to illegal downloads here.

Um, we weren't even allowed to talk about articles that were physically published in Newspapers?Magazines or posted on the GNR website itself, you think something small like a song on the radio is going to be allowed on this board considering that track record?

Here comes "Mr. Happy to be here".

You've seemed really unhappy about most things about this place and the band in general for a while. Why are you staying?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: