Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 12:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 256309 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2300 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27:13 PM »

Guns are pop-rock though.

And I never noticed the one word lyric change before. ok

GUNS ARE NOT POP ROCK

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR SUCH A DAMN CLAIM. GO BACK TO FAIRY LAND
Sorry dude I forgot how GNR were such a bad-ass-rebel-black-metal-fuck-the-mainstream-ganster-rock band. ?Roll Eyes

Yea that November Rain is a really EVIL tune. rofl

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2301 on: February 21, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »

GUNS ARE NOT POP ROCK

Sorry dude I forgot how GNR were such a bad-ass-rebel-black-metal-fuck-the-mainstream-ganster-rock band. ?Roll Eyes

Sorry dude I can not get out of my mind how you are the guy of major jokes, pranks, axl bashing, bullshit letter writer, scammer, bullshit artist, ems pretender.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2302 on: February 21, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

Pitmans part must be more in the background or taken away.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Fix your speakers or clean your ears out. ?Pitman is going to steal the show when CD finally comes out.

Absolutely!!! I think that man will bring the big difference between old and new gnr sound ?yes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2303 on: February 21, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »

I would have pushed the guitars to the front more  hihi I'll probably try mixing the 06 leak in with the new version for my own amusement.

when you do, please
make the rave and the bridge prominent and more aggressive
on the intro and outro use the wicked soft (falsetto?) voice of the previous one
and don't forget the effective pause after the bridge.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #2304 on: February 21, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »

As for the question of what Dizzy's role in the song is, listen very closely and you can hear some keyboards playing the main riff. Sounds kinda like a static-techno beat. You could hear it really well in the Rio '06 version where the sound was off and all you could really hear were the keyboards...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2305 on: February 21, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

GUNS ARE NOT POP ROCK

In fact they are widly concidered Metal.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2306 on: February 21, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »

I think some people tend to forget that many GNR songs were radio friendly....I mean look at most of the singles and videos....

Better is radio friendly, still yet edgy and lord knows a lot better than the crap they are passing off as rock these days...

I don't see it as a bad thing. ?We do want them to succeed, yes?

No I do not forget about all the radio freindly songs, and yes we need radio freindly songs for GNR to succeed.

The fact remains that BBF stated this is not the final cut and thank god for that.

I'm leaning towards this being a real mix and mixed this way for a purpose, just a snap shot of the Syn jacked up and everything else down some. I would think that is a normal process and I'm sure there are many many diffrent mixes that exist and this is just one snap shot. It is a great find or piece of GNR history for diehards like us, but do we really want this on the radio like it is if it is not intended to be and people get the wrong impression from something they were not supposed to hear. Crank the new leak up and tell me this is for actual consumption by the radio audience, my guess is it is not it is a tool in getting to the final stages.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2307 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:36 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
VIP

« Reply #2308 on: February 21, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »

Pitmans part must be more in the background or taken away.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Fix your speakers or clean your ears out.  Pitman is going to steal the show when CD finally comes out.

Absolutely!!! I think that man will bring the big difference between old and new gnr sound  yes
He IS the difference.
And its not an improvement!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2309 on: February 21, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »

I really do like "Better" but it is way different than what a normal GNR track sounds like. It is definitely the most "Pop" GNR sounding song ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #2310 on: February 21, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

anybody else think these changes are no big deal?

poop
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2311 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

GUNS ARE NOT POP ROCK

Sorry dude I can not get out of my mind how you are the guy of major jokes, pranks, axl bashing, bullshit letter writer, scammer, bullshit artist, ems pretender.
Not true. no
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2312 on: February 21, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fromm BBF:

"This is why leaks are a problem. It's like working on a painting, and someone displaying it when it's only half done. It hurts the artist because something's getting out there that people assume is the final version, the best version, etc.

The other people that it hurts are the FANS - I mean the *real* fans, the ones that care the most. The latest "leak" is obviously some experimental mix of Better - not any version I ever heard, but I don't claim to have heard everything that's out there... Whoever put it out there did a real mindfucking of the fans, especially to do it now, when the album's release is growing closer.

I have faith in everyone involved in the mixing of the album that they won't disappoint, they'll stay true to what you love about GnR. Now go hug the person next to ya. bbf"

Absolutley best part about what bbf just said (assuming he really said that) is that "they'll stay true to what you love about GNR."---makes me feel soooo much better.  If i wanna listen to some synthy, techno, pop rock shit, i'll listen to NIN, not gnr.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2313 on: February 21, 2007, 05:06:40 PM »

oh, and wasn't the original leak of better in mid-Feb. too? weird Shocked Roll Eyes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2314 on: February 21, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »

I think this version sounds great. I'd be perfectly happy with this as the final. I wanna hear Guns do something new and different and this is. If I want to hear them do the Illusions or Appetite, then I'll go listen to those records.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:23:37 PM by tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2315 on: February 21, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »

It seems crazy to me that national magazines are posting links to the track on their websites.

Oops. ?Make that "were" posting links. ? Smiley

I'm surprised at all the negative comments the song seems to be getting from casual fans. ?Me, I can't get enough.

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2316 on: February 21, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »

It seems crazy to me that national magazines are posting links to the track on their websites.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments the song seems to be getting from casual fans. ?Me, I can't get enough.

1 reason: the general, idiotic, unfounded hate against axl, helped by the media during the years.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2317 on: February 21, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »

Oops.  Make that "were" posting links.   Smiley

I'm surprised at all the negative comments the song seems to be getting from casual fans.  Me, I can't get enough.

1 reason: the general, idiotic, unfounded hate against axl, helped by the media during the years.

unfortunately thats true. Hoepfully people can get past that fact and actually judge it by its musical merit, not whether they like Axl as a person or not.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2318 on: February 21, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »

Oops.? Make that "were" posting links.? ?Smiley

I'm surprised at all the negative comments the song seems to be getting from casual fans.? Me, I can't get enough.

unfortunately thats true. Hoepfully people can get past that fact and actually judge it by its musical merit, not whether they like Axl as a person or not.

i hope so too, but knowing the general public's limited intelligence i fear that axl will unfortunately be judged before even given a chance. sad, but true.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2319 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »

2 reason: for once it's actually warranted.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: