Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 255761 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1920 on: December 23, 2006, 12:11:32 AM »

For the record, I think 'Better' is an awesome song!!!!!!!!!!!! yes ok beer

It completely and totally rocked when they played it at the Toronto show!!!!! smoking

It was really cool to see Axl jumping up and down and stomping like a madman posessed, during the middle part of the song too. yes ok
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1921 on: December 23, 2006, 12:22:24 AM »

It was really cool to see Axl jumping up and down and stomping like a madman posessed, during the middle part of the song too. yes ok

I love that part live!!!  That and the part on the Rock Am Ring video where the top stage lights turn downward sometime during the first verse....gives me chills.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1922 on: December 23, 2006, 12:29:33 AM »

I love that part live!!!  That and the part on the Rock Am Ring video where the top stage lights turn downward sometime during the first verse....gives me chills.

No doubt about it.....     it was sooooooo awesome at the Toronto show when Axl did that bit!!!

I took my older brother to that show for his birthday present and he was skeptical to say the least but, by the end of the show, he was most-definitely a born-again, diehard GNR fan again and anew!!!!!!! ok yes beer smoking
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1923 on: February 20, 2007, 08:11:14 PM »

anyways, im all for sound effects and such but with this track I just have a problem with the toned down version of Buckets first solo, the farting noises in the middle, and the toned down version of Robins guitar after he starts it back up again

just amp those out, let Axls echo take over in the middle and I would be pleased with everything else....i love the synth

All I have ever said in regards to this album is that I know it will be great if Axl just doesnt fuck up 1 thing...just 1 dam thing...and thats the production of each song If they get the production right all of these songs are simply amazing and mindblowing...so im praying this is just a rough mix..or demo...

I hope this was leaked to buy some more time cause of the whole March 6th fiasco and to maybe get some feedback...so heres the feedback Axl...stay closer to the rawness of the original leak and you will have everyone pleased!or me atleast lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1924 on: February 20, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »

Yeah when the sound effects over shadow guitar work it kinda brings the song down a few notches. The original leak is better.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1925 on: February 20, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »

again
that?s it, probably the final mix and the studio version...

but I?m listening over and over again, and I absolutely love this song (now with the final mix), but that?not the first single IMO... that?s just not it, not what "Axl Rose can do with his new GNR" thing, people already started to say "that?s the rock n roll that axl were doing in the past 10 years?" ... I prefer the song CHINESE DEMOCRACY, that has a catchy vibe and a killer chorus, and that?s fucking rock n roll to shut up the haters

but that?s just my opinion...

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1926 on: February 20, 2007, 08:17:05 PM »

again

but I?m listening over and over again, and I absolutely love this song (now with the final mix), but that?not the first single IMO... that?s just not it, not what "Axl Rose can do with his new GNR" thing, people already started to say "that?s the rock n roll that axl were doing in the past 10 years?" ... I prefer the song CHINESE DEMOCRACY, that has a catchy vibe and a killer chorus, and that?s fucking rock n roll to shut up the haters

why did you copy this from mygnr? Huh
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1927 on: February 20, 2007, 08:17:25 PM »

All I have ever said in regards to this album is that I know it will be great if Axl just doesnt fuck up 1 thing...just 1 dam thing...and thats the production of each song If they get the production right all of these songs are simply amazing and mindblowing...so im praying this is just a rough mix..or demo...

Yeah, the production kind of blows. Not to mention outside of a few effects it sounds like nothing more than a cleaned-up version of the demo from last year. Kind of makes you think that those were a little closer to finished versions than alot of us may have believed or wanted to believe.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1928 on: February 20, 2007, 08:21:14 PM »

Theres nothing wrong with the old demo other than it just needed some final minor tweaking....and i do mean minor? Wink

but this version is a lil too much tweaking, i dont like the how it sounds....ill wait till we hear an official studio version....

hopefully Axl if your reading this stay closer to the original demo in terms of rawness....amp up buckets solo again, take out the noises when you scream in the middle{keep ur echo effects}, and tunr up the guitar when the song starts back up again...

is that too much to ask for?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1929 on: February 20, 2007, 08:25:11 PM »

The coarser vocals of the demo actually work better for me. Overall, I wasn't blown away, but it is truly a great song. The echo has to go though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1930 on: February 20, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »

but this version is a lil too much tweaking, i dont like the how it sounds....ill wait till we hear an official studio version....

It makes him sound wimpier than on the demo to tell you the truth. I think he may have tried to soften the song up as a means of getting it to have broader appeal to the masses. It is looking an awful lot like this will be the first single now, and I think the production of the song does him a disservice if the goal was to kick everyone in the teeth and show them he can still rock. While Better is not my favorite song the demo version had a much harder edge to it, and I think that was more the style people are expecting to hear from a GNR album.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1931 on: February 20, 2007, 08:26:55 PM »

again

why did you copy this from mygnr? Huh

that?s my opinion over there, and posted here too about the new leak.... why the question??  Huh

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1932 on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

Huge disappointment. Terrible terrible production. I'm leaning on this being fake, sounds a little odd at times and it's alot softer than they do it live.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1933 on: February 20, 2007, 08:30:19 PM »

production......sounds like overproduction to me.

Cut it down. Coarse, gritty, and vehement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1934 on: February 20, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »

I have a hunch it is fake as well. ?That song rocks very hard live and I just can't see this softer version being the way Axl plans to release this song on CD
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1935 on: February 20, 2007, 08:31:32 PM »

It's fake, just someone added some home-made recording and some effects. The drums, and Bucket and Robin solo are poorly mixed. No way this is real.

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1936 on: February 20, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

It's fake, just someone added some home-made recording and some effects. The drums, and Bucket and Robin solo are poorly mixed. No way this is real.

how did they get the backing vocals at the end so fucking clear though?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1937 on: February 20, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »

Doesn't sound anything like the previous versions to me.  The vocals sound entirely different and the ending as well.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1938 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:25 PM »

i belive its real! and i fucking LOVE it!

After the part where Axl screams "I never wanted u to be someone with anger ..... ..i never ....

then he sings "All that i wanted was" take a real good listen to that.. its not the same vocals as on the old BETTER. This is just BETTER  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #1939 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »

sounds real to me, if it's just another mix version someone did a hell of a job ?Shocked

I'm not crapping on it, I actually like it.

To say what we are thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: