Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 255509 times)
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1800 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »

Better is a great song.  I heard someone describe it as a grown up SCOM.  But with expectations so high, will any song satisfy everyone?

Yes, "Better" is the perfect song to come back with! The track is an amalgamation of G N' R's sound (old AND new).

peace
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1801 on: October 21, 2006, 10:44:26 AM »

Back on the topic of 'Better'. ?ALthough I love the song and it is one of my favorites - I think that 'I.R.S.' is a better song to introduce the album. ?When I play both 'I.R.S.' and 'Better' for people who haven't heard them before - they seem to get lost in 'Better' as 'I.R.S.' draws them in.

Both songs are powerful and great but I'd like to see the 1st single as I.R.S, Better, and then maybe The Blues or T.W.A.T.

Wake up. . . .time to die
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1802 on: October 21, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »

Same for me, IRS get a better response.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #1803 on: October 21, 2006, 10:58:04 AM »

Same for me, IRS get a better response.

I think that Better eventually will get a great response, but I.R.S. has more of an AFD sound and thats what people want. Better has an illusion/AFD mixed sound which I love.

I don't think it's a pro/con thing about Better - I think it's a, what song do you want out there first issue?

scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #1804 on: October 21, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »

Back on the topic of 'Better'.  ALthough I love the song and it is one of my favorites - I think that 'I.R.S.' is a better song to introduce the album.  When I play both 'I.R.S.' and 'Better' for people who haven't heard them before - they seem to get lost in 'Better' as 'I.R.S.' draws them in.

Both songs are powerful and great but I'd like to see the 1st single as I.R.S, Better, and then maybe The Blues or T.W.A.T.

honestly, if you want to introduce people to the "new" sound i agree with illusionone that IRS is a better first single, but for me personally, Better is one of the most impressive songs i've heard in a very long time...and so damned catchy.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1805 on: October 21, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »

You don't know how much people LOVE the old band and how they love the Classic Rock stuff. look how many teenagers listen to "vintage" music nowadays? tons. tons. If a young band today appeared like GN'R or Nirvana, beeing wild and raw, they would take over the world in a second. People want ROCK music. I do believe there is a strong demand for Rock music. That's why I think IRS would be huge.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:21:37 AM by nesquick » Logged

illusionone
VIP

« Reply #1806 on: October 21, 2006, 11:05:49 AM »

Back on the topic of 'Better'.? ALthough I love the song and it is one of my favorites - I think that 'I.R.S.' is a better song to introduce the album.? When I play both 'I.R.S.' and 'Better' for people who haven't heard them before - they seem to get lost in 'Better' as 'I.R.S.' draws them in.

honestly, if you want to introduce people to the "new" sound i agree with illusionone that IRS is a better first single, but for me personally, Better is one of the most impressive songs i've heard in a very long time...and so damned catchy.

I agree - it's tough subject because, being a hard core fan I actually liked Better more than I.R.S., but I think a casual or non-gnr fan will be more apt to check out the album if they hear I.R.S. first.

scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #1807 on: October 21, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

You don't know how much people LOVE the old band and how they love the Classic Rock stuff. look how many teenagers listen to "vintage" music nowadays? tons. tons. If a young band today appears like GN'R or Nirvana, they would take over the world in a second. People want ROCK music. I do believe there is a strong demand for Rock music.

i agree.  i think the time is right for gnr, but it has to be done right, cuz lots of people have some preconceived notions about them at this point.  by "right", i can't  tell you what i mean exactly...the marketing has to be approached the right way i guess.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1808 on: October 21, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »

"better" would have done great 2 or 3 years ago, but now the market has changed, There is an overdose of "poppy/metal/emo" singles. It's not fresh anymore. What the world needs is a short and strong Rock/Hard-Rock guitar driven song.

illusionone
VIP

« Reply #1809 on: October 21, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »

"better" would have done great 2 or 3 years ago, but now the market has changed, There is an overdose of "poppy/metal/emo" singles. It's not fresh anymore. What the world needs is a short and strong Rock/Hard-Rock guitar driven song.

That hits the nail on the head - Short and sweet for the first single. 

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1810 on: October 21, 2006, 11:30:42 AM »

In my opinion the cats bollocks. Better is not a long song. Better shows all the quality the new band has, the song got a damn catchy hook, the song got balls, it's got axl's vintage voice, it's got style. And it would do just fucking fine now as it would back 2 or 3 years ago.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1811 on: October 21, 2006, 11:53:57 AM »

i think the catchy route is the way to go for GnR for a first single. they need to reach mass media markets to let people know that...........CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

"sorry" rofl hihi

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
illusionone
VIP

« Reply #1812 on: October 21, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »

That hits the nail on the head - Short and sweet for the first single.?

In my opinion the cats bollocks. Better is not a long song. Better shows all the quality the new band has, the song got a damn catchy hook, the song got balls, it's got axl's vintage voice, it's got style. And it would do just fucking fine now as it would back 2 or 3 years ago.

I think we all agree with your points regarding the song. ?I don't think anybody is saying the song lacks anything or is bad. ?My point was that it just shouldn't be the #1 single - maybe #2. ?That doesn't anything away from the song - it's up there with my top GNR songs. ?

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1813 on: October 21, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

I think we all agree with your points regarding the song.  I don't think anybody is saying the song lacks anything or is bad.  My point was that it just shouldn't be the #1 single - maybe #2.  That doesn't anything away from the song - it's up there with my top GNR songs. 

ok, fair enough.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #1814 on: October 21, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »

I'm a teen and the people I know were iffy about I.R.S. and at first didn't believe it was Guns N' Roses but they have Better on their mp3 players and stuff and know the lyrics. I think "better" is the best track for a single.

I hate fanboys.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1815 on: October 21, 2006, 02:00:11 PM »

Its out as a single now guys.  its on the radio.  Thats a FACT.  I posted the link and it got tossed. but just FYI
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1816 on: October 21, 2006, 02:01:30 PM »

Its out as a single now guys.? its on the radio.? Thats a FACT.? I posted the link and it got tossed. but just FYI

The leaked demo was played on the radio.   So, you're wrong, it's not a fact.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1817 on: October 21, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »

A demo can't be a single...

Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #1818 on: October 21, 2006, 02:02:54 PM »

Its out as a single now guys.? its on the radio.? Thats a FACT.? I posted the link and it got tossed. but just FYI

the guy on the radio said it was the demo

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1819 on: October 21, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »

What's on the radio? better demo or better studio?

It sounded exactly like the demo, aside from the low bitrate.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: