Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:36:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254939 times)
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1480 on: March 15, 2006, 03:05:40 PM »

I think that the middle verse goes like this:

"So bittersweet this tragedy won't ask for absolution
This melody inside of me still searches for solution
A twist of faith, a change of heart cures my infatuation
Of a broken heart to provide the spark for my determination"

I think Dave's nailed it right above yours KillYourIdols.   peace

All due respect I disagree. Though the rest of it looks right to me.
Axl Asshole
« Reply #1481 on: March 15, 2006, 05:22:07 PM »

look i think the new GNR r alright and better is well 4 me OK
but c'mon Rock is Dead now. the old GNR wer ROCK BRING THEM BACK. and i don't like axl. cause he split up the old gnr.although Buckethead's alright
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #1482 on: March 16, 2006, 07:24:25 PM »

back to the topic.

I just noticed this, but doesnt better remind any of you of dead horse.  It starts off slowly and then becomes n aggresive rocker, and finnally goes back to the way it starts.  This just supports my theory that axl isnt all that creative as much as he takes a success and reuses it over and over...but then again all musicians are.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1483 on: March 16, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »

back to the topic.

I just noticed this, but doesnt better remind any of you of dead horse.? It starts off slowly and then becomes n aggresive rocker, and finnally goes back to the way it starts.? This just supports my theory that axl isnt all that creative as much as he takes a success and reuses it over and over...but then again all musicians are.
How does having a slow start, fast middle, and slow ending mean you're not creative?!! Huh Huh Are you saying he should speed up and slow down all over the place?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1484 on: March 16, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »

God, the middle of this song is so sick drool  It really rocks.  Great focking song.
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1485 on: March 16, 2006, 11:26:18 PM »

look i think the new GNR r alright and better is well 4 me OK
but c'mon Rock is Dead now. the old GNR wer ROCK BRING THEM BACK. and i don't like axl. cause he split up the old gnr.although Buckethead's alright

Ummm.. Dead Horse was a success?
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1486 on: March 17, 2006, 12:17:21 AM »

BETTER  is an incredibly amazing song!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1487 on: March 17, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »

Made a copy onto cd and was blasting it in my car on the way to work this morning, and it's certainly great to cruise around to! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
prolog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1488 on: March 17, 2006, 02:19:08 AM »

yah, i have all the leaks and live new songs onto a CD and blasting it in my car...
it was the only CD i had playing when i went driving from LA to San Francisco  ok
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #1489 on: March 17, 2006, 02:31:08 AM »

I recant all previous statments in this thread I made dissing better.

It took a while but the metalish bridge or whatever in the song has now grown on me and I love it. Axl is a genious. I love this fucking song, and TWAT TOO!

I will say though... if axl wants to reclaim his previous glory he will have to have a more commerially viable tune to get on radio and breakthrought to the masses.

Better could have been that tune, but with the strange changes that won't happen.... doesn't mean its bad by any means. Just means he'd better have another 'big gun' ready to fill the radio void.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1490 on: March 17, 2006, 02:53:02 AM »

He could mellow out the middle of the song and make it a sure hit single, or he could leave it like it is and it may be a mega hit. Take out the middle and it's a great song but nothing unique to push it into the realm of classic. I hope he takes a chance and leaves it alone.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1491 on: March 17, 2006, 04:30:38 PM »

I recant all previous statments in this thread I made dissing better.

It took a while but the metalish bridge or whatever in the song has now grown on me and I love it. Axl is a genious. I love this fucking song, and TWAT TOO!

I will say though... if axl wants to reclaim his previous glory he will have to have a more commerially viable tune to get on radio and breakthrought to the masses.

Better could have been that tune, but with the strange changes that won't happen.... doesn't mean its bad by any means. Just means he'd better have another 'big gun' ready to fill the radio void.

Madagascar, The blues, IRS? I think better will be a good radio song though, even without the changes.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:35:30 PM by HungerForChaos » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #1492 on: March 17, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »

He could mellow out the middle of the song and make it a sure hit single, or he could leave it like it is and it may be a mega hit. Take out the middle and it's a great song but nothing unique to push it into the realm of classic. I hope he takes a chance and leaves it alone.

Same, to chop this song's middle would be a crime.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #1493 on: March 17, 2006, 07:54:57 PM »

well, I usually teach guns n roses songs at school and i'm delighted that I have students of 13, 14 as gnr fans  Grin.
when i ask them some personal questions like...what's your favorite band? singer? and they name GNR and axl my smile goes huuuuuuuuuuuuge haha like  Grin Grin Grin and then, well, the interrogation go looooong  hihi later, they ask me for the new songs ( they don't even know who are the new guys so i bring them pics and explain  hihi). well , the thing is that they listened all the demo songs and BETTER was the most well received they loved it!  Grin.

wanted to share this 'cuz it makes me happy  Grin

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Lawlis
Opening Act

Gone Today...(is)...Thunder Bay

« Reply #1494 on: March 17, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »

Can someone post the chords with the lyrics ("Better" Key of F (D Minor))
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1495 on: March 17, 2006, 08:32:37 PM »

well, I usually teach guns n roses songs at school and i'm delighted that I have students of 13, 14 as gnr fans? Grin.
when i ask them some personal questions like...what's your favorite band? singer? and they name GNR and axl my smile goes huuuuuuuuuuuuge haha like? Grin Grin Grin and then, well, the interrogation go looooong? hihi later, they ask me for the new songs ( they don't even know who are the new guys so i bring them pics and explain? hihi). well , the thing is that they listened all the demo songs and BETTER was the most well received they loved it!? Grin.

wanted to share this 'cuz it makes me happy? Grin

My wife just told me how my son (2 1/2 years old) at lunch-time asked her about "that song da-da plays, Better."  I don't play any of the demos more than the other.  I'm telling you folks, the only other song he reacts to like that is SCOM.  The intro. melody is so freaking contagious.  This song would be huge.  I still love all 4 leaks.  I can't wait to hear the final product.   love   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
kenny_yayo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1496 on: March 17, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »

I was a bit sketchy from the snippets but since the full version leaked I've played this song more than anything the past weeks. Most of my friends are really liking it too, took them a few listens but generally everybody I know and now even my folks are loving it. Great song, I love the way Axl managed to merge the different styles and still come off original.It doesn't sound like anything I've heard from any other bands.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1497 on: March 18, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

well, I usually teach guns n roses songs at school and i'm delighted that I have students of 13, 14 as gnr fans? Grin.
when i ask them some personal questions like...what's your favorite band? singer? and they name GNR and axl my smile goes huuuuuuuuuuuuge haha like? Grin Grin Grin and then, well, the interrogation go looooong? hihi later, they ask me for the new songs ( they don't even know who are the new guys so i bring them pics and explain? hihi). well , the thing is that they listened all the demo songs and BETTER was the most well received they loved it!? Grin.

wanted to share this 'cuz it makes me happy? Grin

I really liked reading that. Smiley  That was really great.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #1498 on: March 18, 2006, 11:07:20 PM »

I was a bit sketchy from the snippets but since the full version leaked I've played this song more than anything the past weeks. Most of my friends are really liking it too, took them a few listens but generally everybody I know and now even my folks are loving it. Great song, I love the way Axl managed to merge the different styles and still come off original.It doesn't sound like anything I've heard from any other bands.

Going to have to see what my dad thinks about this song. yes Grin
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1499 on: March 18, 2006, 11:56:57 PM »

My dad didnt like the screaming but what does he know lol

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: