Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254799 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1400 on: March 01, 2006, 06:17:58 AM »

I agree, the last lyrical stanza is incredible. Axl actually gives the one who broke his heart advice on how to be happy.

Yeah, that line:

"Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration"

it's great, the song is deeper that one would think at first listen.

Don't you guys find it just a bit Ironic how he sings:
"I never wanted you to be so full of ANGER ..anger !"  hihi  Cause he delivers that line with TONS of anger ! peace It's awesome !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1401 on: March 01, 2006, 06:21:20 AM »

Don't you guys find it just a bit Ironic how he sings:
"I never wanted you to be so full of ANGER ..anger !"  hihi  Cause he delivers that line with TONS of anger ! peace It's awesome !

Yeah its fucking great.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1402 on: March 01, 2006, 07:10:34 AM »

ok i download all these new tracks and this is the first one i listen and all i can say is?

how the fuck this piece of shit can be call guns n roses?

seriusly what the fuck is this?

when did axl lost his mind and musical taste and thought this would be part of the best rock album ever?

this sucks in a major way...

its incredible how he can have the face to even sing on that song.,.its 100% pure shit i was hoping something that would blow my mind and you give me this, mr rose?

i have something to say to you:

AXL ROSE, YOU ARE THE GREAT ROCK AND ROLL SWINDLE

u stink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Death Cube K
« Reply #1403 on: March 01, 2006, 08:08:23 AM »

Why dont you go home then..you can listen to your old CD's and DVD's, would that be fun now?
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1404 on: March 01, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »

wow i havent heard it yet. ive listened to the IRS demo leak and i have all good things to say about it. other then its not a good recording to listen to but the song it self sounds great. im going to look for better when i get home tonight. is it almost CD quality. a vary clean clear sound?

ol.li
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1405 on: March 01, 2006, 10:14:40 AM »

Well, here goes my first post.

I visited some kind of club in Cologne/Germany yesterday (despite it is more like an irish pub with dance area...). I asked the DJ to play "Better" which I had on CD (not NOT the album CD, just a normal compact disc.. Wink) with me. He said something like "...wtf? new gnr? hmm, don't know, I'll check if it will fit sometime tonight...". So, in fact, he said "Stop dreaming, I won't play it!"... after several more beers, my condition got worse and worse (yesterday was the last evening of the carnival in Cologne, which means I've been drinking since Thursday morning) and then it happened: He played it. The evening was RnB by the way, so me wearing a backyard babies shirt didn't really fit from the beginning..  Grin Me and my buddy were blown away, entered the dancefloor and went nuts. What a feeling. everyone except us hated the song, the dancefloor was soon owned by us, but we didn't care. Fuck the RnB bitches. (in every way... hihi)

just wanted to share this with you. what a night. rock on. ok beer
Dbarnitz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1406 on: March 01, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »

Well, here goes my first post.

I visited some kind of club in Cologne/Germany yesterday (despite it is more like an irish pub with dance area...). I asked the DJ to play "Better" which I had on CD (not NOT the album CD, just a normal compact disc.. Wink) with me. He said something like "...wtf? new gnr? hmm, don't know, I'll check if it will fit sometime tonight...". So, in fact, he said "Stop dreaming, I won't play it!"... after several more beers, my condition got worse and worse (yesterday was the last evening of the carnival in Cologne, which means I've been drinking since Thursday morning) and then it happened: He played it. The evening was RnB by the way, so me wearing a backyard babies shirt didn't really fit from the beginning..? Grin Me and my buddy were blown away, entered the dancefloor and went nuts. What a feeling. everyone except us hated the song, the dancefloor was soon owned by us, but we didn't care. Fuck the RnB bitches. (in every way... hihi)

just wanted to share this with you. what a night. rock on. ok beer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great job, you ruined the last nice night of alot of people's party for some demo of an out of date band noboday care's much about anymore.

In all honesty, we all rave about the song, but we are GnR fans. Hardcore one's. I talk to rock fans who don't even know the songs have leaked, and don't much care. While I think the album's songs will be very good, and sales will be moderately to very successful (At first similar to Metallica's St Anger, although the album will most likely be much better. After a few singles have come out overall will be up there with a Linkin Park sales, again songs much better) since albums in general probably don't sell much anymore due to downloading, that and no very good albums have come out lately, but I don't think it's going to change the world in a "Wild Stallions" kind of way {10 points for the reference}. And I'm not going to ask a DJ interrupt his setlist to play Guns N Roses for me & my friend.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 02:17:20 PM by Dbarnitz » Logged
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #1407 on: March 01, 2006, 12:59:13 PM »

Back into the shaddows goes GNR and Axl.. been a few days since we've heard n e thing..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1408 on: March 01, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »

best song out of the new leaks hand's down beer
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1409 on: March 01, 2006, 06:26:25 PM »

best song out of the new leaks hand's down beer

Absolutely the best. ok

I wasn't impressed really with "I.R.S." and "There Was A Time" and I started to wonder a bit about how the new album would be. But hearing "Better" got me excited again.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1410 on: March 01, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

IM confused i went too hundreds (exageration) sites that say the three leaked songs were There was a time, IRS and THE BLUES is "better " the bles or is something happening here? LOL im confuses Huh

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1411 on: March 01, 2006, 09:59:57 PM »

I like "better" some of the guitar parts having a sound that is very "haunting" and I love it
not sure how to explain it, but it has a dark hauting side on some of the riffs... Smiley
MrChainsaw
Opening Act

« Reply #1412 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:56 AM »

Great job, you ruined the last nice night of alot of people's party for some demo of an out of date band noboday care's much about anymore.

This doesn't sound like words from a hardcore fan to me. I don't believe that the party was ruined by playing just one song a few people didn't like...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1413 on: March 02, 2006, 08:01:56 AM »

IM confused i went too hundreds (exageration) sites that say the three leaked songs were There was a time, IRS and THE BLUES is "better " the bles or is something happening here? LOL im confuses Huh

Well after reading that I am now confused.. Are you asking what songs leaked over the past few weeks, if so (twat, better, IRS, Catcher in the rye) The management doesn't want them posted, but everyone seems to pass them around via PM, and there have been rumours more songs are out there like Prostitute
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1414 on: March 02, 2006, 08:54:50 AM »

I'm waiting for prostitute , Paul buckmaster worked on this song too as TWAT?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:57:38 AM by Fortus » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1415 on: March 02, 2006, 11:08:51 AM »

This song is overrated. It's good, but not 25,000 views good for a discussion....

Not better then IRS

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1416 on: March 02, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

You got to admit the lyrics are ten times better than IRS. Which are pretty weak in IRS.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1417 on: March 02, 2006, 01:57:31 PM »

I love the 2nd solo.  If I wasn't up on the whole GNR thing I would of thought it was Slash playing that solo. Shocked

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #1418 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:10 PM »

Wow.. i wish i  had the full version of Better... because you can tell that something hardcore like a sick solo or something is on its way... thats why its cut off.. but i like this new edge that Guns n Roses has.. yuo can hear a lot of 'old school' in axls new music.. incorporated with some new school.. I know some of you might not like this, but i wish Slash was still lead guitar for the band because you know, with his solos these songs would be that much better... other than that.. AXL impressed me again.. i cant say to no his voice lol..

2006.. Year of Guns n Roses...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #1419 on: March 03, 2006, 01:35:07 AM »

ok i download all these new tracks and this is the first one i listen and all i can say is?

how the fuck this piece of shit can be call guns n roses?

seriusly what the fuck is this?

when did axl lost his mind and musical taste and thought this would be part of the best rock album ever?

this sucks in a major way...

its incredible how he can have the face to even sing on that song.,.its 100% pure shit i was hoping something that would blow my mind and you give me this, mr rose?

i have something to say to you:

dude why don't you go listen to the newest linkin park or something and stay away from here.... because no one is feeling ya dog..

Better kicks ass... best song i've heard in the last decade.... with the exception of 'oh my god'

Even my girlie folk music loving girlfriend who hates gnr said 'wow this is really cool... axl really digs deep in this one'

SHe even likes the metal part more than i do.... if my girlfriend digs 'better' that is really saying something about the cross over of this tune
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:39:15 AM by Crashdiet » Logged

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: