Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254639 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1260 on: February 24, 2006, 06:38:07 PM »

You mean the guys who posted some lyrics claiming them to be of Prostitute and This I love? Undecided
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1261 on: February 24, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »

It's only a demo...The transition between the middle part and the rest of the song is awfull...but like I said, it's a demo...I feel like they decide to jam in the middle of the song like they did live with songs like Rocket Queen and the Rap part...

If they keep this part on the final version, they will make a good translation with it to fit in the song...they probably just didn't find the way to do it with this demo...After all, Axl worked on this album for only 12 years Smiley One day, he'll find a way to finish this song  hihi

I like the song.

What I don't like is that certain people in this community who came forward as the forebearers of truth, integrity, and openness were hoarding this track for days.

Why is it so hard to share with the community? Why do fans inevitably turn down the road that leads to miserliness?

Unbelievable when I heard about it. Absoluetly pathetic.

This i love and Pros are said to be out there and were gonna leak the other night, i really wonder who has them and is not sharing.

maybe it's all bullshit to put more pressure on axl for him to give us a release date....maybe it's senseless bullshit.

The full Better was out there and members of the community held it back for personal reasons.  Angry

I suspect there is more than what is evident.

We all know how low gunners can sink when they become like that guy suspected of having the 1-1-1 dvd

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1262 on: February 24, 2006, 06:41:54 PM »

I don't think it needs reworking. Sounds great, as is.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2006, 06:45:04 PM »

When I said I didn't have irs twat or better the pms came flying in with the links, then I did the same for others..

Really suprised with this bunch being they are always dying to spread something new gnr

There is a good chance there are people who have Prostitute and This I love but are hoarding them.

Nice community.

that I know, I know one for sure is floating around...
badapple81
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »

killingvector.. unfortunately the GN'R community isn't really known for it's sharing ?Undecided

I saw a thread about the full length version start the other day.. seconds later it was gone. I PM'd the poster (who is a very active poster here, regulary looking to find out what's going on and more information) who started it.. who claimed it was just a looped version of the 2:06.. I knew something was going on.

Personally if 2 or 3 people have those clips, I'd prefer they keep them to themselves, I don't want anymore leaks.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2006, 06:49:34 PM »

I want the entire fucker to leak... I'm buying my two copies either way..... People holding them are scumbags
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2006, 06:52:23 PM »

I want the entire fucker to leak... I'm buying my two copies either way..... People holding them are scumbags

I'm with you about wanting the entire fucker to leak

just cause I'm not 100% sure It'll ever be released to buy1, no less 2
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »

killingvector.. unfortunately the GN'R community isn't really known for it's sharing  Undecided

I saw a thread about the full length version start the other day.. seconds later it was gone. I PM'd the poster (who is a very active poster here, regulary looking to find out what's going on and more information) who started it.. who claimed it was just a looped version of the 2:06.. I knew something was going on.

Personally if 2 or 3 people have those clips, I'd prefer they keep them to themselves, I don't want anymore leaks.

I can understand that, but in many ways the people who dealt with the leakers gained that position by representing all of us. I know a few people who comtemplated dealing with the leaker on their own but were recommended by others to hold off so that he would not feel threatened by too many hands in the cookie jar.  For those representives to now hold on to something for themselves reeks of self imposed elitism.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2006, 06:54:50 PM »

i disagree...why would u want an entire non finished demo sounding album to leak?

the material will already have an image and opinion before its even heard the way the band wants it to be....

we have half the album now, lets sit back soak those in and get ready for the tour and probably the album release very soon...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1269 on: February 24, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »

i disagree...why would u want an entire non finished demo sounding album to leak?

the material will already have an image and opinion before its even heard the way the band wants it to be....

we have half the album now, lets sit back soak those in and get ready for the tour and probably the album release very soon...

I honestly don't think the album is coming out as soon as one would think.. has merck or any new guns member even talked about these festival tours as being real?
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #1270 on: February 24, 2006, 06:58:02 PM »

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ... or maybe a lot more where GNR is concerned ... I could easily see no album in sight at the end of 2006 and far beyond.  I'd prefer to at least have the demos, and if someone has them and is holding them back so that they can feel important or better than other fans, then that's a chickenshit thing to be doing.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1271 on: February 24, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »

again, I agree with younggunner,

as for the gnr community not sharing ? are you nuts ? I have like 4 dvds, more than one demo for every gnr song ever made and thousands of millions (ok not so many) live concerts.... I think only pearl jam beats gnr in sharing....but I don't really like PJ so what do I care ?Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1272 on: February 24, 2006, 07:00:26 PM »

its a different story if theres no release date in sight...but i truly believe that soon is almost the word

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1273 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:25 PM »

as for the gnr community not sharing ? are you nuts ? I have like 4 dvds, more than one demo for every gnr song ever made and thousands of millions (ok not so many) live concerts.... I think only pearl jam beats gnr in sharing....but I don't really like PJ so what do I care  Tongue

There a several groups of GnR sharers in the community; the Hub is a terrific place to get the meat on the bones, but if you want to talk about the Vault.....

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #1274 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:45 PM »

its a different story if theres no release date in sight...but i truly believe that soon is almost the word

Now ask yourself how long you've been thinking that for ... did I just blow your mind?  hihi

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »

Soon has lost all meaning for me..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1276 on: February 24, 2006, 07:02:24 PM »

as for the gnr community not sharing ? are you nuts ? I have like 4 dvds, more than one demo for every gnr song ever made and thousands of millions (ok not so many) live concerts.... I think only pearl jam beats gnr in sharing....but I don't really like PJ so what do I care ?Tongue

You are kidding right. Some traders are hoarding the HOB DVD and the MTV rehearsal DVDs. Those are huge, if this was PJ fans we would have them by now

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
badapple81
« Reply #1277 on: February 24, 2006, 07:03:28 PM »

Me too younggunner.. I don't think Axl would possibly do these dates without an album.

It seems we are really going to get the album soon. So it's a shame for rough demos to leak so close to release, after these guys have worked so hard all these years working on them.. I feel sorry for them.

I know we don't owe Axl anything and have been waiting all these years too.. but it's just seemingly so close.

Plus negative reviews in the media have already been written because the demos got around. Wait until the finished product to judge. It has been great this last week or so, but no more.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 07:05:39 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1278 on: February 24, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »

I was disapointed so many times in the past...There's alot of up and down in the GNR community...

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1279 on: February 24, 2006, 07:05:23 PM »

thinsg will be a lot clearer {for bette ror for worse} in the next few weeks

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: