Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254594 times)
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1240 on: February 24, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

I liked the 206 version of better instantly, wonder if that will hold up..

I sometimes get confused between something that is good, or something that is catchy..

Sometimes you just hear a song and you love the beat or chorus and you aren't sure if the song is good or catchy..

This song is simply excellent...

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1241 on: February 24, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »

there is no 2:06 version of Better.....You just like the beginning of Better.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1242 on: February 24, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

Not to beat a dead horse, but we don't really know WHAT these will sound like until it's released in high quality. I don't expect the new record to sound like AFD, but I do hope that some of my favorite elements of the GnR sound remain true. I realize we have a new band behind Axl, but I'm still going to expect the explosive drums (aka..the begining of You Could be Mine), soaring guitars, and the perfect melodic blend that sounds beautiful and agressive and unmistakably GnR.
I'm not living in the past, only hoping that the band progresses while never losing touch of who they are.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1243 on: February 24, 2006, 06:07:54 PM »

there is no 2:06 version of Better.....You just like the beginning of Better.....

I am talking about the first song I had, the one before there was the entire second half.. I now have the 456 version... I liked where it was headed better in the first half.. That constant beat had flow with the occassional riff here n there.. It could have stayed on that level without the newest half we have... I think it needs to be cleaned up it has spots of excellence with others of messy nowhere

it's like he is shredding for no reason, then it switches around the 232 mark where I think it really flows.. Goes good with the screaming, then the 320 mark I am not feeling the solo, has fake sounds
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 06:10:27 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1244 on: February 24, 2006, 06:13:02 PM »

We all thought it was going to be a standard rock song..{a great one}...but it surprised us...and thats the beauty of this band and direction. Its gonan be unique not the run of the mill rock song. It would have been a great standard modern rock song but they put their spin on it.

And to me thats balls. Thats taking a sure hit and making it what you want it to be...And isnt that the spirit of GNR? Doing things their way? It needs a final production. And it will get that. These are demos. Demos that are pleasantly surprising most people....

The only thing left for Axl is to make sure the production of the album doesn tget fucked up and ruin these songs. If they nail the production, everything will "make sense" and sound less chaotic...But I want chaos...thats gnr baby

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1245 on: February 24, 2006, 06:14:24 PM »

i don't know if it's been mentioned, but i think that part where axl really "goes off" is reminiscent of some of Led Zeppelin's stuff, when Plant used to just let it go.

I haven't thought about that reference yet......

give it a listen , then listen to some zeppelin.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1246 on: February 24, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »

We all thought it was going to be a standard rock song..{a great one}...but it surprised us...and thats the beauty of this band and direction. Its gonan be unique not the run of the mill rock song. It would have been a great standard modern rock song but they put their spin on it.

And to me thats balls. Thats taking a sure hit and making it what you want it to be...And isnt that the spirit of GNR? Doing things their way? It needs a final production. And it will get that. These are demos. Demos that are pleasantly surprising most people....

The only thing left for Axl is to make sure the production of the album doesn tget fucked up and ruin these songs. If they nail the production, everything will "make sense" and sound less chaotic...But I want chaos...thats gnr baby

you hit it in the nail

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1247 on: February 24, 2006, 06:16:14 PM »

It's only a demo...The transition between the middle part and the rest of the song is awfull...but like I said, it's a demo...I feel like they decide to jam in the middle of the song like they did live with songs like Rocket Queen and the Rap part...

If they keep this part on the final version, they will make a good translation with it to fit in the song...they probably just didn't find the way to do it with this demo...After all, Axl worked on this album for only 12 years Smiley One day, he'll find a way to finish this song ?hihi

Living taking chances
Dying with your face on
88 Days
« Reply #1248 on: February 24, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »

at first I only liked Paradise city, sweet child and Welcome to the jungle....I thought the rest was garbage
what the fuck
i loved it all instantly and i was like 7
you thought the 9 of the 12 songs on appetite were garbage?
if you had to strive to like appetite then we have nothing in common.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1249 on: February 24, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »

It's only a demo...The transition between the middle part and the rest of the song is awfull...but like I said, it's a demo...I feel like they decide to jam in the middle of the song like they did live with songs like Rocket Queen and the Rap part...
  that's how I feel to a degree

88 chill out dude we're talking about first impressions
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1250 on: February 24, 2006, 06:26:13 PM »

If they keep this part on the final version, they will make a good translation with it to fit in the song...they probably just didn't find the way to do it with this demo...After all, Axl worked on this album for only 12 years Smiley One day, he'll find a way to finish this song  hihi

I like the song.

What I don't like is that certain people in this community who came forward as the forebearers of truth, integrity, and openness were hoarding this track for days.

Why is it so hard to share with the community? Why do fans inevitably turn down the road that leads to miserliness?

Unbelievable when I heard about it. Absoluetly pathetic.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1251 on: February 24, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »

Calm down people  beer

Living taking chances
Dying with your face on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1252 on: February 24, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »

When I said I didn't have irs twat or better the pms came flying in with the links, then I did the same for others..

Really suprised with this bunch being they are always dying to spread something new gnr
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1253 on: February 24, 2006, 06:27:48 PM »

at first I only liked Paradise city, sweet child and Welcome to the jungle....I thought the rest was garbage
what the fuck
i loved it all instantly and i was like 7
you thought the 9 of the 12 songs on appetite were garbage?
if you had to strive to like appetite then we have nothing in common.
hihi ?I was 7 as well haha, but english is not my mother tongue..that may be it...And also the fact that I bought afd AFTER the illusions, when I heard november rain, dont cry and estranged I knew I had to buy that album, So i bought UYI2, etc.....(check previous post of mine Tongue)
I guess it was hard to swallow AFD after having the illusions...cause to this day, I still like the illusions better than AFD....I did end up loving AFD but not at first Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1254 on: February 24, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

Like woody I used to like only a few songs off AFD. So what? Angry
each to his own.

Don't try me
IMO he'd sound like mr plant before the AFD debut.
The IRS voice seems on a totally different level to me. chewy sorta.

Some neat ideas but how the hell does this mesh with The Blues, Maddy, Twat, iRS, CD, even Rhiad. From the songs we have heard, Axl is literally all over the board-I'm including everything from OMG onward.

Are you sure that those are all full versions? hihi
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1255 on: February 24, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »

i don't know if it's been mentioned, but i think that part where axl really "goes off" is reminiscent of some of Led Zeppelin's stuff, when Plant used to just let it go.

I haven't thought about that reference yet......

Zep usually had a ryme and reason

give it a listen , then listen to some zeppelin.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1256 on: February 24, 2006, 06:30:07 PM »

When I said I didn't have irs twat or better the pms came flying in with the links, then I did the same for others..

Really suprised with this bunch being they are always dying to spread something new gnr

There is a good chance there are people who have Prostitute and This I love but are hoarding them.

Nice community.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1257 on: February 24, 2006, 06:31:51 PM »

If they keep this part on the final version, they will make a good translation with it to fit in the song...they probably just didn't find the way to do it with this demo...After all, Axl worked on this album for only 12 years Smiley One day, he'll find a way to finish this song? hihi

I like the song.

What I don't like is that certain people in this community who came forward as the forebearers of truth, integrity, and openness were hoarding this track for days.

Why is it so hard to share with the community? Why do fans inevitably turn down the road that leads to miserliness?

This i love and Pros are said to be out there and were gonna leak the other night, i really wonder who has them and is not sharing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1258 on: February 24, 2006, 06:34:17 PM »

If they keep this part on the final version, they will make a good translation with it to fit in the song...they probably just didn't find the way to do it with this demo...After all, Axl worked on this album for only 12 years Smiley One day, he'll find a way to finish this song? hihi

I like the song.

This i love and Pros are said to be out there and were gonna leak the other night, i really wonder who has them and is not sharing.

maybe it's all bullshit to put more pressure on axl for him to give us a release date....maybe it's senseless bullshit.

McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1259 on: February 24, 2006, 06:35:01 PM »

There is a good chance there are people who have Prostitute and This I love but are hoarding them.

Nice community.

I'm sure some people have some more songs but they don't want us to have them...very sad...

Living taking chances
Dying with your face on
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: