Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254619 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1220 on: February 24, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »

My first time hearing the longer version..........Bucket does own it.

Do u like it?

to me music has been so formulatic and bogged down the last 10 years that when we get something great and different, it takes time to adjust.

Better isnt good to some cause of the middle part but to me that makes the song kick fuckin ass and it takes it to a higher level.

My problem with IRS is the fact that it doesnt go anywhere, its kind of the same ole same ole all the way through

I love Better cause it changes but the changes are great and elevate the song to a higher level.

Im sayin that if the only fault people can find in this, is a 5 fuckin second robot bleep, they need to lay off and chill. its trading in a Rolls Royce just cause it got some dirt on the tires.

IRS is a good rock tune.........at first I thought it was awesome.........but then TWAT and Better came along.....they stole the show......so therefore IRS gets pushed back on my favorite list......... I think the music standard of IRS is pretty high........but indeed Better and TWAT are on a higher level.....

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1221 on: February 24, 2006, 03:37:45 PM »

You cannot compare times...and you can't compare Better and Nighttrain...these two are so different...no links between both songs

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1222 on: February 24, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »

BTW, all the solos in this song are Buckethead solos, that last solo is not Robin Finck, you guys can't accept that BH can play melodic too.

after listening to twat everyone here has to accept that....  but the last solo is finck though

...by the way...  finck is great, too peace

finck is great. no questions there, but that's not him playing. listen to electrical tears and understand that.
FINCK ISN'T PLAYING THAT.
i've been playing guitar for more than 15 years, i know all of these guys styles, and i sure as hell know how to recognize a guitar tone and that's not finck.

i don?t play guitar, but as far as i`m able to evaluate, it`s robin......  and well, i own electric tears and there isn?t even one guitar part that sounds similar to robin`s ( hihi) solo in better..

not even funny... just stupid

chill dude, i didn`t try to be funny....  i just can`t see the similarity between electric tears and this solo! i think it`s robin`s sound, but of course i`m not completely sure about that.... it sound sloppier than bucket`s work i think..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1223 on: February 24, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »

I can't believe that after all the description given by axl, the writer of the rolling stone article that heard some of the songs etc., people still think that the new music is going to sound like appetite for destruction. i mean, i guess i could see the casual fan thinking that maybe, but when i see "board vets" that are super suprised by this direction i have to wonder if they just haven't been paying attention all this time. chinese democracy is not going to sound like appetite. it is going to incorperate new musical ideas. even funnier is the people that bitch about this "industrial crap" even calling IRS industrial. just because it has a drum loop and sounds that aren't guitars doesn't make it "industrial". get a clue.

if you want appetite for destruction era gnr sounding stuff, check out the multiple newer bands out there doing that style stuff (turbonegro, vains of jenna, backyard babies etc.). axl did it 20 years ago, he's moved on.
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #1224 on: February 24, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »

Actually, for me it's two different things - Appetite for Destruction is my all-time favourite album, period. My expectation of Chinese Democracy is not that I will be able to sit down and compare it to AFD and go: "Oh yeah, that song is better than Paradise City"and so on...first of all, the styles of the albums is totally different - if anything it makes more sence comparing the new songs to the UYI albums. But, that's not the point - I don't want a new AFD( nor a new set of Illusions albums), it's already my favourite album, and Nightrain is a great rock tune - and there's no point in comparing it to "Better" since they are so different.

"Better" is probably my favourite of the new songs and makes me believe that CD, when released, could be awesome. The vocal melodies, guitars - solos, the "metal" part, the kind of Tom Morello-sounding part - all good! It's showing that Gn'R is still a force to be reckoned with. ?

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1225 on: February 24, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »

I can't believe that after all the description given by axl, the writer of the rolling stone article that heard some of the songs etc., people still think that the new music is going to sound like appetite for destruction. i mean, i guess i could see the casual fan thinking that maybe, but when i see "board vets" that are super suprised by this direction i have to wonder if they just haven't been paying attention all this time. chinese democracy is not going to sound like appetite. it is going to incorperate new musical ideas. even funnier is the people that bitch about this "industrial crap" even calling IRS industrial. just because it has a drum loop and sounds that aren't guitars doesn't make it "industrial". get a clue.

if you want appetite for destruction era gnr sounding stuff, check out the multiple newer bands out there doing that style stuff (turbonegro, vains of jenna, backyard babies etc.). axl did it 20 years ago, he's moved on.

I agree to a certain extend......but I never expected Axl to do appetite all over again, pointless........ I knew he headed into a new direction but these songs really showed us for the first time realy how creative the whole process realy is..... I was amazed by the moodswings in the song...still am.....never expected this.... It's hard to expect something cause you never know unless you actually hear it. ?ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1226 on: February 24, 2006, 04:01:14 PM »

I am hopin that some songs have some kick ass riffs though.

thats the thing about the new songs that has surprised me the most. I mean very limited riffs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #1227 on: February 24, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Ok, I am going to amend my previous post in which I said I  did not like the song at all! I have listened  to the full version and must say that  it is not bad. The intro is a bit weird, and overall the song is not as good as most of the older  stuff (I  will always like the old band better), but Better is not horrible as  I thought from the 1:30 clip I first listened to, and so I am much less pessimistic about the album now. IRS is ok, TWAT I like, and Better is not bad. Not exactly earth shattering, but at least it is not wretched. And yes, the eras are different, but some  of us older types  like the flat out rock from the AFD era  and are not disposed to the more techno sound.  But to those of you who  thought  otherwise, I am not all negative.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1228 on: February 24, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »

I have a feeling the more people listen, the more they will truly love this.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1229 on: February 24, 2006, 04:37:24 PM »

Ive said this a million times but my favorite albums and songs of all time are albums and songs that I absolutely hated the first 2 or 3 listens.

Songs I love immediately usually dont hold up very long.

i remember absolutely despising SCOM when it first came out. now i still listen 20 years later.

So to me a classic song is something u dont always love right away.

Remember, complex things arent easily understood.

It would be like acing a calculus exam without ever taking calculus.

I dig challenging music and this is what Axl has created.

those not wanting to be challenged should stick to Green Day or somebody like that.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1230 on: February 24, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »

Ive said this a million times but my favorite albums and songs of all time are albums and songs that I absolutely hated the first 2 or 3 listens.

i remember absolutely despising SCOM when it first came out. now i still listen 20 years later.

those not wanting to be challenged should stick to Green Day or somebody like that.
What's with all the Green Day bashing D? I mean, the same thing could be said about Bon Jovi.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
shaun
« Reply #1231 on: February 24, 2006, 04:47:24 PM »

Green Day are Grrrrreat!  beer

GnR are simply a different band. Why mix two?  confused
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1232 on: February 24, 2006, 04:55:58 PM »

i completely agree with you ok      i didn`t like most gnr and led zeppelin songs when i first heard them and even after giving it a few listens i wasn`t really impressed, but now i love most of them....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1233 on: February 24, 2006, 05:10:34 PM »

it took me like 2 yrs before I even gave Estanged a chance...3 years later its one of my fav songs ever. Some songs hit home right away, others take awhile to seap in......

I think this album will be no different. Some songs every1 will get into right off the bat and some other songs people will be saying wtf is this.....but in the end they will more than likely be addcited to those very songs.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1234 on: February 24, 2006, 05:21:21 PM »

hmm that's weird, I loved uyi 2 right away, uyi 1 took a while and afd was really challenging, at first I only liked Paradise city, sweet child and Welcome to the jungle....I thought the rest was garbage, but I liked it all in the end...same with spaguetti..

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1235 on: February 24, 2006, 05:22:47 PM »

maybe this is a dream.. and we never really heard any of the leaked tracks..? hihi
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1236 on: February 24, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

i don't know if it's been mentioned, but i think that part where axl really "goes off" is reminiscent of some of Led Zeppelin's stuff, when Plant used to just let it go.

i think it's a great song, but i don't know if this cd is going to "revolutionize" rock n roll. it might give RnR a good kick in the pants, but not so sure about revolutionizing it.

i think the media is responsible for all the hype, and is responsible for making our expectations so high. i don't recall Axl ever saying it's going to be a masterpiece, but the media sure has us all expecting one don't they?
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1237 on: February 24, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »

it took me like 2 yrs before I even gave Estanged a chance...3 years later its one of my fav songs ever. Some songs hit home right away, others take awhile to seap in......

Same thing for me...I didn't like Estranged when I heard hit for the first time...I could even say that I hated it for a while...but few month later...Woww...what a awesome song! Shame on me for hated this song first Smiley

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1238 on: February 24, 2006, 05:42:37 PM »

i don't know if it's been mentioned, but i think that part where axl really "goes off" is reminiscent of some of Led Zeppelin's stuff, when Plant used to just let it go.

I haven't thought about that reference yet......altho IRS does remind me of Plant in some elements more then Better I'd think....

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1239 on: February 24, 2006, 05:59:02 PM »

I liked the 206 version of better instantly, wonder if that will hold up..

I sometimes get confused between something that is good, or something that is catchy..

Sometimes you just hear a song and you love the beat or chorus and you aren't sure if the song is good or catchy..
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: