Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:35:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254576 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1200 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »

does anyone else thinks that solo from 3:39 to 4:20 could be played by Brian May? Tongue

vee

You know what? That actually popped into my head when I was listening to it yesterday.... hmmmmm

@#$%Funker

very hard to tell, I was arguing with MeanBone whether it was Bucket or Finck. I think Finck, he thought Bucket.......there are decent arguments for both sides........but.....we'll never know for 100% sure, only if we'd ask....

Brian May....hmm haven't thought about that possibility......since Brian May always seem to play with a recognizeble harmonic trademark sounds and guitar........ I doubt it......but.......hmmm maybe..... sounds more like Finck to me......we should ask Axl or something... or Robin's webmaster,.....haha 

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #1201 on: February 24, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

LOVE this song and I hope they keep it as it. Question: Is the solo towards the end BH or Finck?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1202 on: February 24, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »

Man!!!! i still havent heard it, partly because I'm trying to wait for the album....but after all this hype, im getting pretty low on my will power!! i need to listen to this song!

you really REALLY missed something........  hihi

good luck  Tongue

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1203 on: February 24, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

Does Anyone Have the lyrics to any of the leaked songs?

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #1204 on: February 24, 2006, 11:38:17 AM »

Man, I must on a different planet.
Ive heard it four times by now and I may have heard enough.
Im glad I didn't get my hopes up too high, because this is not good.
Its an average song at best the more I will listen to it, but it doesn;t hold a candle to anything akin to "Night Train".
The melody is repetitive, nothing special, no great lyrical content either. This song will not attract any new fans to the mix, he'll need to come up with something "better" if he's going to see any resemblance of success, in my opinion.
I will give Axl credit, his voice sounds pretty good

As it stands, Oh My G-d is the best track this nu band has put out.

MNR

Edit: Removed certain sentence since we don't advertise these downloads. /jarmo
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:41:03 AM by jarmo » Logged

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1205 on: February 24, 2006, 11:39:23 AM »

The nightrain left the station 20 yrs ago

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1206 on: February 24, 2006, 11:40:10 AM »

Does Anyone Have the lyrics to any of the leaked songs?

No.

Please don't even bother using the search on this board or look for it on page two. You might not find it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
88 Days
« Reply #1207 on: February 24, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »

Its an average song at best the more I will listen to it, but it doesn;t hold a candle to anything akin to "Night Train".
The melody is repetitive, nothing special, no great lyrical content either. This song will not attract any new fans to the mix, he'll need to come up with something "better" if he's going to see any resemblance of success, in my opinion.

MNR

you really must be from a different planet.
no offense but better kicks omg's ass.
btw, it's "nightrain", not "night train", and i resent the word "nu" being used in any shape of form about this new incarnation of guns n' roses.
that seems to be all for now, take care.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1208 on: February 24, 2006, 11:51:50 AM »

does anyone else thinks that solo from 3:39 to 4:20 could be played by Brian May? Tongue

vee

I think its fortus....
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1209 on: February 24, 2006, 12:12:05 PM »

vee

I think its fortus....

me too
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1210 on: February 24, 2006, 01:14:12 PM »

This song will not attract any new fans to the mix, he'll need to come up with something "better" if he's going to see any resemblance of success, in my opinion.

No, Axl meant he would lose die hard fans who are convinced that he should deliever AFD II and not a progressive, modern sounding hard rock rendering of GnR. As evident from this board, he has attracted a legion of new fans; you are wrong on both fronts.

The lyrical content of all 3 songs are very interesting to me. If you like songs about drinking, drug abuse, and the sins of youth, there is a little band called Velvet Revolver which should keep you entertained while the rest of us enjoy the new Axl music.

Thanks for leaving the station.

ok

KV
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 01:39:52 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
pretty_tied_up92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1211 on: February 24, 2006, 01:24:29 PM »

Finally heard it and I think the middle part doesn't fit in. I for sure hope the middle part which basically kicks in at the 2.22 mark and stops at the 3.24 mark is part of another song which is edited in somehow. The rest of the song amazes me.

If you want to flame go ahead, if you think I'm from another planet or anything like that go ahead. It's a matter of opinion and I dislike this middle part.

Rest of the song is amazing to me...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 01:42:22 PM by pretty_tied_up92 » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1212 on: February 24, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

I agree the middle part sounds out of place.. but I am hoping the producer did his job and made the transitions more smooth.

I applaud axl for taking a chance and doing that.. it's a new direction. I hope the final version is more polished and that you grow to like that middle part.. Axl's scream is fucking insane there. drool
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1213 on: February 24, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

This song will not attract any new fans to the mix, he'll need to come up with something "better" if he's going to see any resemblance of success, in my opinion.

No, actually from what you are saying, Axl meant he would lose die hard fans who are convinced that he should deliever AFD II and not a progressive, modern sounding hard rock rendering of GnR. As evident from this board, he has attracted a legion of new fans; you are wrong on both fronts.

The lyrical content of all 3 songs are very interesting to me. If you like songs about drinking, drug abuse, and the sins of youth, there is a little band called Velvet Revolver which should keep you entertained while the rest of us enjoy the new Axl music.

ok

KV
The guy just gave his opinion. A lot of people on here are so protective of Axl, they won't let anyone speak their mind. I don't think he said he wanted AFD II, but I think we all hope and expect something with the basic GnR sound. ?And to me, if Axl wasn't singing, I would think it's just a decent rock song. Nothing more. I need to hear the full sonically charged, produced rockin' version of it to make a better judgement.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1214 on: February 24, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »

No, actually from what you are saying, Axl meant he would lose die hard fans who are convinced that he should deliever AFD II and not a progressive, modern sounding hard rock rendering of GnR. As evident from this board, he has attracted a legion of new fans; you are wrong on both fronts.

ok

KV
The guy just gave his opinion. A lot of people on here are so protective of Axl, they won't let anyone speak their mind. I don't think he said he wanted AFD II, but I think we all hope and expect something with the basic GnR sound.  And to me, if Axl wasn't singing, I would think it's just a decent rock song. Nothing more. I need to hear the full sonically charged, produced rockin' version of it to make a better judgement.

Everyone has an opinion of course; however the level of expectation that some have is completely off base.  I wouldn't compare any demo track to Nightrain or WTTJ; that is just silly.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1215 on: February 24, 2006, 01:45:50 PM »

MNR

Nothing VR did can hold a candle to nighttrain either, but these new gnr leaks like Better are head and shoulders above anything VR has done and are better than pretty much everything on the radio.
If you want to compare better to AFD that is fine, Better is a better song than : Anything goes, you're crazy, and think about you just to name a few. Axl said way back in 1999 he knows he is going to lose some old school fans that are looking for another AFD but he said he hopes to gain some new fans which he will.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 01:53:26 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1216 on: February 24, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »

It's only a demo guys...The middle part seems like a jam to me....It will not be on the final version according to me...it's maybe another part of a another song...who knows ?

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #1217 on: February 24, 2006, 02:23:01 PM »

Maybe the point of Better is to change it up a bit.. Not follow the normal structure of a song.. 2:32 makes the fuckin song.. driving guitar is what GnR needs.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #1218 on: February 24, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »

Maybe the point of Better is to change it up a bit.. Not follow the normal structure of a song.. 2:32 makes the fuckin song.. driving guitar is what GnR needs.

it's more like noodling driven.. I like the bag of tricks tho

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1219 on: February 24, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »

My first time hearing the longer version..........Bucket does own it.

Do u like it?

to me music has been so formulatic and bogged down the last 10 years that when we get something great and different, it takes time to adjust.

Better isnt good to some cause of the middle part but to me that makes the song kick fuckin ass and it takes it to a higher level.

My problem with IRS is the fact that it doesnt go anywhere, its kind of the same ole same ole all the way through

I love Better cause it changes but the changes are great and elevate the song to a higher level.

Im sayin that if the only fault people can find in this, is a 5 fuckin second robot bleep, they need to lay off and chill. its trading in a Rolls Royce just cause it got some dirt on the tires.

what is all this talk about "Nighttrain"

Nightrain is a good song, but I think time has highly overrated this song. Better is deeper, more emotional and better than Nightrain on every emotional level.

Axl has grown musically a million times since AFD.

Sure Appetite songs rock but most arent very deep to be quite honest.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:22:07 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: