Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254542 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1180 on: February 24, 2006, 04:12:32 AM »

My first time hearing the longer version..........Bucket does own it.

steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1181 on: February 24, 2006, 04:31:27 AM »

BTW, all the solos in this song are Buckethead solos, that last solo is not Robin Finck, you guys can't accept that BH can play melodic too.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1182 on: February 24, 2006, 05:08:21 AM »

Really? The full version of better is out? Please tell me that its a vast improvement on that clip.....

Depends if you like heavy guitar riff madness and Axl going off like a mad banshee or not... ok

And robot noises and bad transitions!!!  Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1183 on: February 24, 2006, 05:10:20 AM »

the metal mid section i think takes away from the radio friendlieness of the song, but i think the song is pretty damn amazing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
unclezoso
Opening Act

There was a time

« Reply #1184 on: February 24, 2006, 05:11:28 AM »

Well, now that took me by surprise. I'm having kind of conflicting feelings about this full version. The metal parts are great as such but do they fit this song? The middle section has certain "silkwormness" in it like someone said... the changes between different parts aren't too smooth

But then on the other hand I can't stop listening to this. At least it's fresh and I've never heard anything quite like this.

I love that little part that goes from 3:19 to 3:24. It should go on longer.

Readers and artists, those are my kind. Sorry... no time for hooligans.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: February 24, 2006, 05:42:55 AM »

BTW, all the solos in this song are Buckethead solos, that last solo is not Robin Finck, you guys can't accept that BH can play melodic too.

after listening to twat everyone here has to accept that....  but the last solo is finck though

...by the way...  finck is great, too peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
shaun
« Reply #1186 on: February 24, 2006, 06:19:57 AM »

[I can't find the thread - as there's too many new threads including this one]

Someone posted up saying they posted to the Bucketheadland.com board about Better, as i had said "over at Bucketheadland they donot post anything about GnR or songs to do with GnR". The thread about Better appeared. So i replied to the thread, and the mods did not add my reply. I wonder if was it because i mentioned IRS and T.W.A.T - maybe Buckethead is not on these 2 tracks (although it sounds like he is).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 06:29:23 AM by D0badog » Logged
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1187 on: February 24, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »

after listening to twat everyone here has to accept that....  but the last solo is finck though

finck is great. no questions there, but that's not him playing. listen to electrical tears and understand that.
FINCK ISN'T PLAYING THAT.
i've been playing guitar for more than 15 years, i know all of these guys styles, and i sure as hell know how to recognize a guitar tone and that's not finck.

Chinese Democracy!
anythinggoes
« Reply #1188 on: February 24, 2006, 06:42:21 AM »

Bottom line - Better is fantastic. one of the best songs I've heard in years. that middle section that some people are complaining about - it's awesome. The screaming, the music. All the changes going on is what makes axl just a little bit better than the rest. Quite frankly - and I've been a fan since I bought AFD in 1987 - this is one of the BEST GNR songs ever. It isn't your standard four chord crap that is so popular today. It's definately has that Queen style of throwing strange shit into the song. And it's about 1000 times better than IRS. Now that's a generic song. 1000 times better than generic song Chinese Democracy. 1000 times better than Rhiad. In my opinion, this is the order of best to worst of new gnr so far:
1. Better
2. Twat
3. The Blues
4.? Madagascar
5. Oh my god
6. IRS
7. Chinese Democracy
8. Rhiad

you forgot Silkworms

my turn

1) Madagascar
2) The Blues
3) Better
4) There Was a Time
5) IRS
6) Chinese Democracy
7) Silk Worms
8} Oh My God
9) Riyadh And The Bedouins

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 06:50:48 AM by anythinggoes » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1189 on: February 24, 2006, 06:49:59 AM »

finck is great. no questions there, but that's not him playing. listen to electrical tears and understand that.
i've been playing guitar for more than 15 years, i know all of these guys styles, and i sure as hell know how to recognize a guitar tone and that's not finck.

i don?t play guitar, but as far as i`m able to evaluate, it`s robin......  and well, i own electric tears and there isn?t even one guitar part that sounds similar to robin`s ( hihi) solo in better..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #1190 on: February 24, 2006, 06:51:09 AM »

I just heard the full version! It is insane!!!! Fucking awesome!

Definately needs a little work in terms of the transitions and mixing.. its a bit cut and paste but it's very cool indeed!  ok
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1191 on: February 24, 2006, 06:53:04 AM »

D before hearing better:

It just seems like the riffs are like 3 power chords, I mean ?I was expecting flesh eating monster riffs that make u want to bash your head against a wall.

D after hearing better:

HOLY MOTHERFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am listening to the full version for the first time and this could be one of the GREATEST FUCKIN SONGS IVE EVER HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!

BucketHead is a fuckin GOD on Guitar

HOLY SHIT!

I dont know how anyone could complain about this, this shit is INSANE!

hihi

@#$%Funker
anythinggoes
« Reply #1192 on: February 24, 2006, 06:54:23 AM »

ok playing the song at work one of my colleques came in 10 sec into it stood there listening he said "this is guns n roses isnt it" (bearing in mind he isnt a fan or got any album) he listened to it, it got to the end and his comment " thanks fuck thats over " ah well cant please everyone. smoking
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #1193 on: February 24, 2006, 07:10:04 AM »

I like the heavy bit. It caught me off gaurd but it's pretty cool. Needs a bit of work though.

There's not anymore that I can do...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1194 on: February 24, 2006, 07:18:44 AM »

i don?t play guitar, but as far as i`m able to evaluate, it`s robin......  and well, i own electric tears and there isn?t even one guitar part that sounds similar to robin`s ( hihi) solo in better..

not even funny... just stupid

Chinese Democracy!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1195 on: February 24, 2006, 07:20:06 AM »

the middle part that gets really heavy is incredible.

this song will sound unbelievable live and will be a total crowd pleaser.

and fuck the critics. who cares what critics say. if nirvana wrote this song, they would praise them and call them genius for making a complex song, with abrupt changes, and choppy transitions.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1196 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:06 AM »

Guitar work is better on this song than the other leaks I think.  A better production of this song and I think it will be a classic. 
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1197 on: February 24, 2006, 08:21:09 AM »

the last one it's robin....it's his style of playing guitar no doubt about this...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1198 on: February 24, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »

does anyone else thinks that solo from 3:39 to 4:20 could be played by Brian May? Tongue

vee
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #1199 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:48 AM »

does anyone else thinks that solo from 3:39 to 4:20 could be played by Brian May? Tongue

vee

You know what? That actually popped into my head when I was listening to it yesterday.... hmmmmm

@#$%Funker
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: