Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253845 times)
88 Days
« Reply #840 on: February 23, 2006, 01:44:47 PM »

The song is unbelievable. I love every part in it, the transitions are totally different and unexpected.? Its wicked heavy and upbeat, its nice and mellow, then its wicked heavy. Its so awesome. Axls voice is insane, its awesome. I just cant think of words to describe how cool this fuckin song is.
excactly how i feel. chinese democracy is going to be the best thing we have ever heard, judging both by what we already know axl is capable of and these new songs we have heard so far. this will blow everything away and i'm so proud so have witnessed it as it took place and supported it. the timing will be perfect too, watch and see, my fellow gunners, watch and see... smoking
rgr1607
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2006, 01:45:23 PM »

I wasn't expecting the song to take this turn. I mean, it looks like a completely different song. BUT I FUCKIN' LOVE IT!!!
And I'm almost sure the last guitar solo is from Robin Finck... It's very good. The same for the Buckethead one. Assuming it's them playing this, of course...

It's extremely weird and all over the place... Still needs some job to be done in it. But for a demo, it shows a lot of potential, and I'm in love with it!
I'm sure a lot of people will hate it, though... Doesn't matter, as long as many also like it...
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #842 on: February 23, 2006, 01:47:14 PM »

People who say "I don't like that bit" - that's the point Axl was making. You're not gonna like all of it - you can already see that parts you don't like are loved by others and vice versa.

This is the beauty of this - different sounds, different techniques, it's all a .... what did Axl call it?.... a melting pot?

There has been no consensus on any part of the song - nobody agrees - it's brilliant

This is what I like about it the most.

@#$%Funker

When he said that, I think most people would have thought he meant the whole album from song to song.... not that a song was going to change second to second...

I believe he meant the whole album too, but it seems to translate to this song perfectly - Maybe an indication of how much the album will vary.

@#$%Funker
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #843 on: February 23, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »

Better jus kicked my ass. Did NOT expect the turn in this song. A little too much on the industual feel but good tune. Nice guitar work.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #844 on: February 23, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »

Club Owner Speaks
Written by Administrator   
Thursday, 23 February 2006

Barry Mullineaux has spoken to MTV about Axl Rose about the vocalist's visit to his nightclub, Stereo, in the early hours of February 10th.

Mullineaux said that Axl was talking with everybody freely about how he's been off for 10 years, and how even though Slash and the rest of the guys [have moved ahead with their careers by starting] Velvet Revolver, he's been holding back." Mullineaux explained. "He said this album will show everyone who was the main ingredient from GNR. He was freely answering questions about his work, the band, what happened with the split, the direction he's headed in ? and the music sounded great."

Mullineaux, who said he manned the DJ booth and spun the discs for Rose, said several of the tracks reminded him of classic GNR, with moments of uncharacteristic heaviness. Axl "kept telling me to put back #3 ? I guess that was his favorite song," he said. "He wanted to play that one over and over, like six times. He was really getting into it and rockin' out. Everybody was surprised at how good it sounded. And that third track, that was the song where his voice sounded the best; the smoothest."                                 from Sp1at.

Maybe he talks about Better Grin
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #845 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:35 PM »

Oh my FUCKIN' GOD!!!! Axl! Put this song out there NOW!!!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #846 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »

fucking awesome, thanks to whoever is responsible for sending me this song ?ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »

It's an interesting tune, ?hopefully it'll be a bit less busy in the final outcome.

As the others have shown me, Axl sounds fine while the music/arrangements and whatnot need fine tuning. ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

I dont understand what people are complaining about. Doesnt NR change drastically at the end?!?
Axl has always pushed the envelop as much as he could've with his musical vision.
So now you are getting something different again . What's the problem?
Not every song has to sound like classic GNR. That said, the elements are still there!

Don't get me wrong...... I love the song. It's just that there is a 15 second section (3:19) that to me doesn't fit. With that being said, it doesn't ruin the song. It's just 15 seconds away from being perfect.
makane
Legend

« Reply #849 on: February 23, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »

Oh god what a dissapointment, the last part is just like all these new crappy nu-metal's. Loose the nintendo solos and wannabe metal parts.
Really goes below the other leaked ?& live songs. Also the guitar parts seems to be so taped and repeated (yes, I understand this is a demo, but still)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2006, 01:53:46 PM »

where his voice sounded the best? i hope that doesn't mean its just OK on the rest of the songs....
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »

I dont understand what people are complaining about. Doesnt NR change drastically at the end?!?
Axl has always pushed the envelop as much as he could've with his musical vision.
Not every song has to sound like classic GNR. That said, the elements are still there!

Don't get me wrong...... I love the song. It's just that there is a 15 second section the (to me) doesn't fit. With that being said, it doesn't ruin the song. It's just 15 seconds away from being perfect.

It is a demo, I guess we just have to wait for the final version..
What I wanna know is, if BH is gone, what the hell are they gonna do in the Festival's tryin to play these songs....?!?!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »

what a screamin middle part! hihi
I kinda like it, needs a little more work and it will be as good as it gets!
and since this is a demo, Im sure they've done that extra work already, no worries here.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »

where his voice sounded the best? i hope that doesn't mean its just OK on the rest of the songs....

I'm quoting the DJ
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #854 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:10 PM »

I thought would have carried on from 2minutes to be a great song..It lacked direction and sort of disappointed me. ?Gun's tracks are usually concrete and don't have a lot of drastic changes. ?The heavy part kills it IMO.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #855 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »

Oh god what a dissapointment, the last part is just like all these new crappy nu-metal's. Loose the nintendo solos and wannabe metal parts.
Really goes below the other leaked ?& live songs. Also the guitar parts seems to be so taped and repeated (yes, I understand this is a demo, but still)

I couldn't agree more.... ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #856 on: February 23, 2006, 01:56:35 PM »

i`m just listening to it the 8th time in row and it gets better with every listen.....     

i`m glad the leaker put the rest out. and i understand why we got the cut version first....  it turns into a new song.

i guess other bands would`ve sperated this song into 6 different ones hihi   as younggunner said, axl has the balls.  ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #857 on: February 23, 2006, 01:57:01 PM »

Don't get me wrong...... I love the song. It's just that there is a 15 second section the (to me) doesn't fit. With that being said, it doesn't ruin the song. It's just 15 seconds away from being perfect.

It is a demo, I guess we just have to wait for the final version..
What I wanna know is, if BH is gone, what the hell are the gonna do in the Festival's tryin to play these songs....?!?!

We can't be sure how old some of these demo's are. They could be from the trunk CD (which would make them at least 2 years old) or they could be from any one of the mystery listening parties Axl holds in after hours parties.

That bucket solo may not be on the album. So why worry about how it's going to be played live untill we hear a complete version of the song.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #858 on: February 23, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »

"Mullineaux, who said he manned the DJ booth and spun the discs for Rose, said several of the tracks reminded him of classic GNR, with moments of uncharacteristic heaviness."

I have new faith. The unknown songs must kick ass..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #859 on: February 23, 2006, 01:58:56 PM »

Buckethead was great, but there are other noname guitarists that can play just as well .. I'm not saying that I'm going to go out and join GNR tomorrow, but so far everything that he has done on the tracks can be duplicated with reasonable ease - - Buckethead isn't the only man that can do it and I'm sure Axl has the resources to find someone else that can.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: