Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253562 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #660 on: February 22, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »

I think it's safe to assume that no matter what appears on CD, there will definately be people that won't like it, no matter what. "It's not really GnR" will be repeated ad nauseum, so get used to it. But you know what, who cares? If you like it, that's all that matters. I couldn't give one hot fuck if anyone else likes it, as long as I do. I've waited a long time, because I believe in Axl. You're right, GnR isn't the same as it used to be. Neither is Axl, neither am I. Things change. People move on.
amazing post....should be published in every rock magazine

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #661 on: February 22, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

After listening to this song 15 or so time snow, I just hope the final version of this song gets rid of that very very annoying guitar intro.? That sound actually hurts my ears.? Does anyone else think this song would be alot better with a different intro sound?? I mean as it stands it will annoy more people than it will impress IMO.

CC

Its fine as long as they tone it down and put it in a different pitch.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #662 on: February 22, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

After listening to this song 15 or so time snow, I just hope the final version of this song gets rid of that very very annoying guitar intro.? That sound actually hurts my ears.? Does anyone else think this song would be alot better with a different intro sound?? I mean as it stands it will annoy more people than it will impress IMO.

CC

Yes, I agree.  But it needs to be modified from its existing sound.  Just not good on the ears.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #663 on: February 22, 2006, 03:04:51 PM »

CC

Yes, I agree.? But it needs to be modified from its existing sound.? Just not good on the ears.

The melody of that guitar or what ever it is is really good. But its ear piercing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #664 on: February 22, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »

I havent heard any of the leaks will wait for the cd, im setting myself up not to expect much so im not disappointed

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #665 on: February 22, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

I think any song referenced as "one of Axl's favorites" is no doubt a Big Gun and will prove to be most impressive once the final version is pressed and sealed ok

It's really hard to judge a 2 minute clip, but Axl's voice is something else in that clip..

The guitars sound very simplistic, but im sure there is no doubt a formidable solo in the track Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #666 on: February 22, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »

duuuuuuuuude where is the rest of this song
badapple81
« Reply #667 on: February 22, 2006, 07:24:37 PM »

The guitar intro is a little out of the ordinary but is probably exactly what is needed to catch peoples attention on the radio.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #668 on: February 22, 2006, 07:28:02 PM »

It could be. i honestly think that we haven't really heard any of the Big Guns yet, or perhaps just one..
in 02 he said they haven't even pulled out the big guns so i'm guessing that the blues, madagascar, etc aren't even the best songs on the album. Can't wait to see what happens......!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Steel_Angel
« Reply #669 on: February 22, 2006, 07:28:06 PM »

Now i know u betta!, you know i know better, YEA I KNOW YOU BETTA!! drool hihi
robin finck can sing yes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #670 on: February 22, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »

I personally hope not.

I heard the minute snippet and im not real thrilled.

Hopefully the entire song will be great but I wasnt blown away by what I heard.  However I listened only once, so I give anything at least 10 listens before I judge too hard.

Please do not say "Better" is better than "The Blues"

Cause u cant say that based on the minute clip.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #671 on: February 22, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »

I was gonna wait but FUCK IT I gave into tempation.

Not a huge fan of "Better" right now, hopefully it will grow on me, but there really isnt enough of the leak to truly judge this song in my opinion.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #672 on: February 22, 2006, 07:37:56 PM »

You can tell a big Bucket solo is coming up on "Better", his mini solo gives a little taste ok
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: February 22, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

although, surely the Blues has to be considered a big gun as well?

No, "The Blues" is not a Big Gun.
Axl said in 2002 they were saving their Big Guns, so they played 'The Blues' instead.

But is "Better" really better than 'The Blues'.....hmmm I'm not sure, maybe???

That's what he said, but Madagascar and The Blues HAVE to be big guns - they're too good not to be... Even after 15 years, I can't believe these aren't near the top of the list of good songs.

I think based on the 2 minute clip Better is a big gun too, extremely catchy and GREAT vocals.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #674 on: February 22, 2006, 07:42:34 PM »

eh, I'm already hitting skip on my Ipod when Better comes on....I still don't see what all the fuss is about.  Average song.  Not bad at all, but nothing to be going nuts over.  I hope the final version is a bit more kick ass.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2006, 07:45:08 PM »

eh, I'm already hitting skip on my Ipod when Better comes on....I still don't see what all the fuss is about.  Average song.  Not bad at all, but nothing to be going nuts over.  I hope the final version is a bit more kick ass.

I agree but this is the problem with leaks. U dont get the true feel of a song so it somewhat diminishes it which is why Axl doesnt want people hearing these leaks.

better has potential but I rank it down with Rhiad and all that. Its not on the level with Maddy,blues and IRS as of right now but it is pretty shitty quality and that has a lot to do with it.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #676 on: February 22, 2006, 07:53:42 PM »

eh, I'm already hitting skip on my Ipod when Better comes on....I still don't see what all the fuss is about.? Average song.? Not bad at all, but nothing to be going nuts over.? I hope the final version is a bit more kick ass.

I agree but this is the problem with leaks. U dont get the true feel of a song so it somewhat diminishes it which is why Axl doesnt want people hearing these leaks.

better has potential but I rank it down with Rhiad and all that. Its not on the level with Maddy,blues and IRS as of right now but it is pretty shitty quality and that has a lot to do with it.

D, trust me, it kicks ass.  Especially when you get the extended version.  Wink  Seriously, it comes full-circle. 

TWAT is the new Estranged/Nov Rain, oh my god I can't believe you've held out this long!  You're a strong man.  "Don't open your eyes Marion...umm, I mean D!" -Raiders of the Lost Ark.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »

I need the 2minute version of Better and I will be listening to TWAT Tonight, my computer is fixed!!!!!!!!! Booyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

is twat a full version?Huh?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #678 on: February 22, 2006, 08:16:01 PM »

the 2:06 better is really really good. I enjoy this song when I am in the mood for a different sounding guns. When I am in the mood for epic, NResque GnR, TWAT serves that purpose.

Both tracks are really awesome.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »

So far, "Better" is the best and sounds amazing. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: