Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253504 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #620 on: February 21, 2006, 12:38:46 AM »

If this song is released first and turns out to be popular among all fans(especially non die hards), Ii think it would be great due to the fact of its difference of past GNR material..  I think its the perfect song to prepare people for some of the more electronic sounds we may hear in the future...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #621 on: February 21, 2006, 12:40:32 AM »

I think "nondiehards" will not like it. Only one friend of mine liked it out of like five cause he just loves music and if more of an Axl fan then the rest of the old crew. I think it can go either way.. No middle.. It will either take off or go down hard.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
McDuff
« Reply #622 on: February 21, 2006, 12:41:35 AM »

Maybe they will release another song as the first single,what will everyone say then? peace
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #623 on: February 21, 2006, 12:44:37 AM »

Maybe they will release another song as the first single,what will everyone say then? peace

I'm sure they will, but with all the talks of Better... have to think about these things  Tongue
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #624 on: February 21, 2006, 12:45:07 AM »

I hope its NOT the first single....it just doesn't rock enough for me.  I hope the first single is a song that just shakes up the modern rock scene, knocks people off their chairs type of song.  God, I really can't even listen to rock radio anymore without gagging...its just pathetic.  I'm sure Axl has a song similar in attitude and kick ass-ness to WTTJ, PC or YCBM somewhere on his double disc.  People love a good rock tune.

Better is a decent tune, but I think the average joe will be saying, "this is what people waited ten years for?" if its the first single.  I'd rather see a pumped up IRS or chinese democracy itself (maybe the studio version is unreal?).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #625 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:32 AM »

It'd sure be nice if we heard the whole thing before seriously discussing it as a single, no?
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #626 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:42 AM »

it's not going to be a double disc. merck said so.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #627 on: February 21, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »

I think he meant with all the material axl has..  Wich he said 3 albums!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #628 on: February 21, 2006, 12:48:27 AM »

What's so good about YCBM? I've never liked that song, and never understood why die hard fans put it in the same category as WTTJ.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #629 on: February 21, 2006, 12:49:26 AM »

I played all 3 for a chick at work who listens to all styles of music, even country. ?She was crazy about Better...so-so on IRS, and TWAT she needed time on. ?She thinks Better would be a hit.

Personally, I love 'em all.

Better sounds very radio-friendly...but remember, we haven't heard over half the album...we're in for tons of good shit! ?32 fuckin songs!?!?! ?I've been on a high with just 2 1/2 demo tracks! ?How about a cleaned-up rocker like I.R.S. for ITunes, and a powerful, emotional song for the Davinci soundtrack, followed by the release that will bring tears to my eyes!!! ? Cry ? Then the celebration of a great album with some great concerts. ? Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #630 on: February 21, 2006, 12:50:54 AM »

What's so good about YCBM? I've never liked that song, and never understood why die hard fans put it in the same category as WTTJ.

I always felt it was such a tightly constructed song
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #631 on: February 21, 2006, 12:51:04 AM »

BETTER is the hit

TWAT could be too, but way too long to first single material

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #632 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54:19 AM »

I hope its NOT the first single....it just doesn't rock enough for me.? I hope the first single is a song that just shakes up the modern rock scene, knocks people off their chairs type of song.? God, I really can't even listen to rock radio anymore without gagging...its just pathetic.? I'm sure Axl has a song similar in attitude and kick ass-ness to WTTJ, PC or YCBM somewhere on his double disc.? People love a good rock tune.

Better is a decent tune, but I think the average joe will be saying, "this is what people waited ten years for?" if its the first single.? I'd rather see a pumped up IRS or chinese democracy itself (maybe the studio version is unreal?).

HIt Singles do not rock, hit singles are poppy and catchy which BETTER is.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #633 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54:28 AM »

hey, some people like "my world". Wink  I just think its an amazing song, i love the drums and the guitar.  the song just screams attitude.  For me its also the bridge between AFD and the UYI....I'll never forget watching the YCBM video when MTV premiered it...it was like a countdown for me waiting for that video to come on.  Blew me away.  Axls rant toward the end and Slashs playing are just sick.  Great rock tune.

I think he meant with all the material axl has..  Wich he said 3 albums!

yes, thats what i meant.  thanks Smiley

Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #634 on: February 21, 2006, 12:57:10 AM »

I think he meant with all the material axl has..? Wich he said 3 albums!

but he/she was discussing the first single, which will be off the first album not the other two.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #635 on: February 21, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »

It's good to see your honesty.

I hate to go on a rant but I have noticed that there are two groups of people who just get on my nerves.?

Group 1 (axl lovers)? Axl could fart on a snare drum and 1/2 of the posters would claim that it is sheer genious and will change the world of music as we know it.? If anyone ever posts (like Krispy) that they dont like a song, they will be told "fine dont look at this thread then"

Group 2 (axl haters) Unless CD comes with a complementary handjob, these people are going to hate the new music no matter what.? It could be a masterpeice and they will only look for flaws.?

Where does that leave a realist like me that has an open mind?? hihi

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #636 on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:06 AM »

I hope its NOT the first single....it just doesn't rock enough for me.  I hope the first single is a song that just shakes up the modern rock scene, knocks people off their chairs type of song.  God, I really can't even listen to rock radio anymore without gagging...its just pathetic.  I'm sure Axl has a song similar in attitude and kick ass-ness to WTTJ, PC or YCBM somewhere on his double disc.  People love a good rock tune.

Better is a decent tune, but I think the average joe will be saying, "this is what people waited ten years for?" if its the first single.  I'd rather see a pumped up IRS or chinese democracy itself (maybe the studio version is unreal?).

Maybe so...but "poppy" and "catchy" are words that suits and biz execs would use if you ask me.  WTTJ, SCOM were hit singles and they ROCKED!!  The same way the AFD songs shook up the rock world, the CD songs need to do the same.  Better is a good tune, but to me it just doesn't stick out enough..it doesn' slap you in the face and say "pay attention to me - this song is gonna F you up!"  Thats what most GNR rockers do to me. 

HIt Singles do not rock, hit singles are poppy and catchy which BETTER is.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #637 on: February 21, 2006, 01:01:42 AM »

left in the cold november rain? Sad .lol I dunno

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #638 on: February 21, 2006, 01:06:50 AM »

I love Better.  It is awesome. 

Ritz Reeves III
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #639 on: February 21, 2006, 01:13:15 AM »

I think he meant with all the material axl has..? Wich he said 3 albums!

but he/she was discussing the first single, which will be off the first album not the other two.

i think he/she meant in that context, if the first single was not a hard rocker, some where in the new material axl would have something that would satisfy him/her
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: