Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253459 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #600 on: February 20, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »

ilic
you have to exlain how come the lyrics sounds to you like written by some retarded child and what the lyrics written by some retarded child are like.

Hi estranged 1998, long time no see Cheesy
miroslav ilic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: February 20, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »

ilic
you have to exlain how come the lyrics sounds to you like written by some retarded child and what the lyrics written by some retarded child are like.

Hi estranged 1998, long time no see Cheesy
you talkin to me?backdfuckup
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »

ilic Yes the first part of my post is.

I suggest you should read the board rules first then answer my question.
miroslav ilic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

Bitch this isn't a democracy... You better recognize....
jmufkinr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »

I will still buy the albums because I owe part of my child hood to him, but these new songs are just not the same man.

That's the point of this all. It's not supposed to be the same. You do know this is a new band, right? As far as Axl's voice, I think it sounds as well, if not better, than it ever has. And the aggression you speak of, Axl seems to be the mellow type. His style has always been more like 'November Rain', 'The Blues', 'Breakdown', and 'Madagascar'. This won't be a "metal" album. But about 'Better': this song has hit written all over it. It's the perfect song to gain crossover appeal. The guitars are hard enough for rockers, the vocals are melodic, the effects are distinct. As far as all of the new songs, I think according to the general consensus (at least from various sites, forums, etc.), 'Better' is the overall best of the bunch...

Of course I do know it is another band...  what's up with the sarcasm?  I want guns to have a hit just as much as Axl would, they have always been my favorite band since I was 7.  Slash is why I've played guitar for ten years.  This is a big deal to me, but none of these songs here are hits.  I mean seriously.  Also there is no way in hell I could even mutter the words that his voice sounds better than ever, that's a joke.  I love this band but I still am not going to blindly admit that these new songs are great.  I mean these songs better be some rough demos in order for there to be a hit in there.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2006, 04:16:39 PM »

Miroslav ilic-
Go read the rules. ?No insulting board members and stay on topic. ?If you want to chat with someone, do it through pm's.
axlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »

Miroslav ilic-
Go read the rules. ?No insulting board members and stay on topic. ?If you want to chat with someone, do it through pm's.

why did this miroslavic dude just pm me a message that said f*** off Huh
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »

Miroslav ilic-

did he really?  rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #608 on: February 20, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »

The full version of Better currently equals my need for oxygen! 
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2006, 09:08:41 PM »

Miroslav ilic-

Probably thought he was talking to me.? ?hihi

If you continue to have problems with him, send Jarmo a pm and report it.  I'll be watching him...

Now, back to discussing Better!? ?love
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #610 on: February 20, 2006, 09:12:37 PM »

Bitch this isn't a democracy... You better recognize....

What are you talking about? Like honestly. You mention that Better is lyrically as you have stated "reterted". Yet your the one who is acting like he is retarded(correct way, boy).

I personally think it is lyrically decent and not reterded as this miroslav dude claims it is.

Fuck All Y'all
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #611 on: February 20, 2006, 09:48:35 PM »

miroslav ilic = buckethead?  Grin

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2006, 11:13:13 PM »

miroslav ilic = buckethead?? Grin
buckethead is a genious... i dont think that Miroslav a have a high IQ...  Huh
 rofl

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #613 on: February 20, 2006, 11:40:40 PM »

I have neither time nor patience to  read through 31 pages of comments, so I will be brief. The song sucks, and I don't care how many listens there are, it  still is a bad song with few if any redeeming qualities. I don't like it.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #614 on: February 20, 2006, 11:53:41 PM »

I have neither time nor patience to? read through 31 pages of comments, so I will be brief. The song sucks, and I don't care how many listens there are, it? still is a bad song with few if any redeeming qualities. I don't like it.

oh.................

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #615 on: February 20, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »

I have neither time nor patience to  read through 31 pages of comments, so I will be brief. The song sucks, and I don't care how many listens there are, it  still is a bad song with few if any redeeming qualities. I don't like it.

you are entitled to your opinion, if you dont like it then stop readin or posting in the thread, get on with yourself.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #616 on: February 21, 2006, 12:03:10 AM »

I have neither time nor patience to? read through 31 pages of comments, so I will be brief. The song sucks, and I don't care how many listens there are, it? still is a bad song with few if any redeeming qualities. I don't like it.
You have some interesting opinions about the new material. It obviously hasn't lived up to your expectations, and I like your honesty. Most people here are really hyped about this stuff, and you will probably get flamed. After some of this has died down a little, you should start a thread about how the new stuff isn't really blowing minds and shattering planets. If memory serves me correct, you used to be pretty positive about the new band, and your opinion has slightly changed after hearing a couple 'big guns'.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #617 on: February 21, 2006, 12:10:14 AM »

You have some interesting opinions about the new material. It obviously hasn't lived up to your expectations, and I like your honesty. Most people here are really hyped about this stuff, and you will probably get flamed. After some of this has died down a little, you should start a thread about how the new stuff isn't really blowing minds and shattering planets. If memory serves me correct, you used to be pretty positive about the new band, and your opinion has slightly changed after hearing a couple 'big guns'.

I dont' recall  even being positive about the new band. I will be explicit: I like the old band better, both in terms  of music and personality. I love Slash. I love  VR. I think  Axl is dysfunctional. My real complaint is how fans  are treated, and I think Axl does not care about his real  fans,which is sad. I AM NOT STARTING A VR VS GNR OR AXL VS SLASH THREAD!!

So, I decided to distance  myself from Axl and the new band. I am open to the new music, but the  new  band has to win me over. i will not love everything they do just because it has the name GNR. As for a new thread, I have had too many posts mysteriiously never posted and too many threads that are never listed to bother with  it again. I think there is inherent  censorship at this site, which is unfortunate, but I as simple  participant I cannot control what  certain moderators will choose to do. So JL: I suggest you start the thread and if the moderators  will allow it,  I will contribute. Thanks! KK ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #618 on: February 21, 2006, 12:20:09 AM »

I dont' recall? even being positive about the new band.
I must have you confused with someone else. I do that here sometimes with people. But I still like your honesty about this stuff. People rating demos higher than AFD is crazy. They should at least wait until the album comes out to rate something as high as that. I know what you mean about posts mysteriously disappearing. Happens to me on ocassion, but I dont think the mods are doing it, the posts likely just slip through the cracks. This Better clip in my opinion has alot of potential to shoot GNR back into the mainstream. Its the best song of the three, and I wouldn't mind the other two not even being on the album. Unless they've had alot of finishing touches done.

shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #619 on: February 21, 2006, 12:31:29 AM »

It's good to see your honesty.

I hate to go on a rant but I have noticed that there are two groups of people who just get on my nerves. 

Group 1 (axl lovers)  Axl could fart on a snare drum and 1/2 of the posters would claim that it is sheer genious and will change the world of music as we know it.  If anyone ever posts (like Krispy) that they dont like a song, they will be told "fine dont look at this thread then"

Group 2 (axl haters) Unless CD comes with a complementary handjob, these people are going to hate the new music no matter what.  It could be a masterpeice and they will only look for flaws. 

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: