Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:17:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253386 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2006, 01:48:21 PM »

just out of curiousity, is it understood that a full version of Better exists?
well, do you have it?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

just out of curiousity, is it understood that a full version of Better exists?
well, do you have it?

No

how'd you get that from my question?

T.T.
?.?.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

Can someone confirm if the "full" Better is fake or not?

I've downloaded it, haven't listened to it yet, but someone has said that it's an edited version of the 2:06 clip...

EDIT: Sounds fake to me... obvious glitch at 2:06 and while the outro sounds original, it's something that easily could have been tacked on by anyone with a PC.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 02:15:21 PM by kyrie » Logged
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2006, 02:16:37 PM »

Can someone confirm if the "full" Better is fake or not?

I've downloaded it, haven't listened to it yet, but someone has said that it's an edited version of the 2:06 clip...

EDIT: Sounds fake to me... obvious glitch at 2:06 and while the outro sounds original, it's something that easily could have been tacked on by anyone with a PC.

fake

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »

A Guns discussion thread and a comedy club - quality.

Am i not entitled to my opinion on here? The start of Better sounds terrible to me - the other songs I love. Whats wrong with that? Sounds like Korn to me mate and theyre not from 1986 (wish they were cos they may not be around today)

Hold that song up to anything theyve ever done - even Breakdown 9maybe not My World tho)and tell me its a great song. Its just a short clip so maybe it improves and the studio version will be (doh) better.

Absolutely not. You are not entitled to any opinion.  Just kidding, but come on now, just because it is different doesn't mean it is horrible.  Most people can not adapt, they are stuck with what they know, and grew up with.  Me, I can listen to anything and try to find the good in it. I am always looking to expand my music influences and taste.  The beginning to 'Better' is different from anything I have ever heard.  I do not think it sucks, I think it is very original and when it is finished I feel it can be some of the coolest baddest ass stuff out there.  The groove on this song and the chorus are like NOTHING done before. Sure it has some new metal feel, but in a totally different way.  This song blows away ANY song over the past 10 years, and I think in it's final version will top most UTI 1 and 2 songs.  I will not compare it to Appetite, to me that is the best album of all time, and I do not think it can be topped.  But, this music is TOTALLY different from Appetite so I believe it could be better in it's own way, since the music will be so different.

You don?t' like it, that?s fine, but it's because you are closed minded and stuck in mullet land.  Rock on with your bad self you your IROC Z   Tongue
wadey
Legend

« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2006, 03:28:31 PM »

Ive just played sweet child backwards and it  matches "better" in places, its not a perfect match but very very similar.
anyone else noticed this?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

Ive just played sweet child backwards and it  matches "better" in places, its not a perfect match but very very similar.

Where can I get (free) software to hear it backwards? This sounds really interesting to me...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »

The intro sounds like shit but when the song starts rocking, it's good.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:03:50 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2006, 04:07:31 PM »

Better is Worse.
TWAT is TWIT.
The new album is going to disappoint, big time.
You're gonna get flamed for saying that, but I respect the honest opinion. This album has been hyped so much, the expectations are insane. Nothing new we've heard so far is 'earth shattering', and it does create a cause for concern. I like the new demos(except IRS), but Axl is not breaking any new ground. Better is a catchy pop song, plain and simple. TWAT sounds like it could have been on an early 90's Queensryche album. IRS is just all over the place, and the vibe of it is ruined by weak lyrics. One poster here said he thinks these are the 'Big Guns'. If so, then this album and the legacy of GNR are in trouble.
i don't think so, even with just these demos + madagascar and the blues on it this album would be groudbreaking on today's rock scene, it will be the best rock release since UYI. we are in for something amazing and the legacy of guns n' roses is kept intact by axl and axl alone.

it is groundbreaking because you have a dying love for axl rose.... Everyone thinks their favorite band is inovative and making the newest sound around.. No doubt it's btter then the mainstream music out there, but it's not something that's ground breaking, it's just different then what is around now..

I'm starting to think if axl sang home sweet home people would say the same thing, or if he did loving the alien

you didn`t direct that to me, but i feel adressed though...      i love these new songs, but i don`t love everything axl rose has ever sang on...  i consider a decent extent of the old band`s material as filler for example...     i guess this is really a matter of taste...   if you?re really into appetite for example, you think the illusions aren`t as good....    i don`t even listen to songs like you`re crazy (afd version), anything goes or bad apples, although axl is singing....   maybe that`s the case because i`m quite young and influenced by more modern stuff.....i don`t know.   silkworms is also one of the songs i`d consider to be a filler, but i`m pretty sure it won`t appear on CD....

IRS, Better and TWAT (+the other new songs, but it`s hard to judge without studio versions...)are exactely what i was expecting axl to do and why i`m waiting for a new gnr cd to come out....   people who only dig appetite won`t like CD for sure...    this won?t be metal or anything similar... i will be chinese democracy.  from what we`ve heard so far, i think it`s safe to say that it will be very modern and not something 80'rock fans will get used to....    i don`t intend to offend anyone and this wasn`t meant in an offending way at all.      it`s just that CD will have modern and even pop influences and not anyone will be able to get used to that....    the best thing anyone could do is reading axl`s last interview and bearing his comments in mind.

it won?t sound exactely like axl/gnr used to sound...   and that`s the main point...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2006, 04:11:25 PM »

Try playing it in Windows Media Player and up the play speed to 1.3 under enhancements.

why that?

and wish version of the media player do you need to change the play speed? with version 8 i can't do that.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

Try playing it in Windows Media Player and up the play speed to 1.3 under enhancements.

why that?

and wish version of the media player do you need to change the play speed? with version 8 i can't do that.

i just found out that my media player 10 is able to change the speed ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
wadey
Legend

« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »

Ive just played sweet child backwards and it? matches "better" in places, its not a perfect match but very very similar.

Where can I get (free) software to hear it backwards? This sounds really interesting to me...

i played it on vinyl and spun the table backwards.......mediaplayer should play it backwards though

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »

why that?

i just found out that my media player 10 is able to change the speed ok

thanks. usually i don't use the player, so...

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »

why that?

can imagine it sounding closer to the finish mix at that speed, demos are just for getting to know the songs...

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2006, 06:19:32 PM »

I love when it kicks in.. The start is so un gnr like to me.. i think of pittman with like a casio keyboard mix going.. Song is kick ass all in all...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

This song will be fvckin' HUGE.... when CD drops... it's going to be like the Summer of '92 again when November Rain was on the radio every 50 minutes... no doubt....
 peace

The really cool thing about "Better" is that it will give Axl the chance to really get far out there with some of the other tracks b/c he's got his radio friendly hit already in pocket...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2006, 06:57:03 PM »

Have to say Better just rocks, personally I lve the begining, and how it incorprated later on in the tune
\

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jmufkinr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #557 on: February 19, 2006, 07:04:04 PM »

I think the fans who started liking guns around the early 90's are more likely to like the new songs than those who are from appetite days.  I personally am a fan from the live at the ritz kind ambiance, I kind of settled for the live in tokyo days and wasn't completely dissapointed when I seen them when they last toured.  However these new songs are just another band.  Velvet Revolver sounds more like G'n'R to me than axl's version, because it is just aggressive hard rock like appetite.  I can still hear those things slash was doing way back in his new solos, the same patterns and the same suttle embelishments.  I just don't think axl is as aggressive as he used to be in these new songs(at least so far); his voice is weak.  I will still buy the albums because I owe part of my child hood to him, but these new songs are just not the same man.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #558 on: February 19, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »

comparing vr to appetite is absurd, because contraband is just an average hard rock record. appetite is one of the best rock albums in the history of the world (next to uyi 1&1)

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #559 on: February 19, 2006, 07:14:26 PM »

I will still buy the albums because I owe part of my child hood to him, but these new songs are just not the same man.

That's the point of this all. It's not supposed to be the same. You do know this is a new band, right? As far as Axl's voice, I think it sounds as well, if not better, than it ever has. And the aggression you speak of, Axl seems to be the mellow type. His style has always been more like 'November Rain', 'The Blues', 'Breakdown', and 'Madagascar'. This won't be a "metal" album. But about 'Better': this song has hit written all over it. It's the perfect song to gain crossover appeal. The guitars are hard enough for rockers, the vocals are melodic, the effects are distinct. As far as all of the new songs, I think according to the general consensus (at least from various sites, forums, etc.), 'Better' is the overall best of the bunch...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: