Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253366 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2006, 03:49:51 AM »

to me the first chorus on better sounds like axl just changed his voice, not finck or stinson

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Megaguns
« Reply #521 on: February 19, 2006, 04:10:51 AM »

Im freaking out. im afraid im gonna wake up and these past few days were all a dream... At least id know the songs. then id record and release them..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2006, 05:24:48 AM »

the one song I truly love is better, I hope it only gets better when you hear the entire song.. I hope there's no MLK type thing in there peace

I am anxious for cd so I can sit and enjoy the song the way they were meant
badapple81
« Reply #523 on: February 19, 2006, 05:29:50 AM »

the one song I truly love is better, I hope it only gets better when you hear the entire song.. I hope there's no MLK type thing in there peace

Me too dude.. I don't want anymore leaks. It's unfair to those who spent so long putting this together when we are so close (we hope). I know we don't owe Axl anything but I feel for him when he has spent years on this for us and I'm so sure we were so close to the album. I want to enjoy it the proper way.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #524 on: February 19, 2006, 05:31:43 AM »

I feel the same. Its hard to give a judgement call on material thats like a 'work in progress'. Back in the mid 90's, at this local record store I found this 'rare' soundgarden cd that had a bunch of demos on it. It was 50 bucks, but I bought it anyways. The songs on that were nothing like on the finished albums. Especially their song 'Nothing to say'. Kinda sucked on the demo cd, but is a killer song on the real album.

Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2006, 06:17:06 AM »

'Better' is fucking fantasic, been listening to the clip non-stop for 12 hours now!

Chinese Democracy? Jesus has got a lot to live up to on his comeback!!

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
badapple81
« Reply #526 on: February 19, 2006, 07:14:25 AM »

Just got back on this and have listened it to for the last hour. The lyrics are amazing and the music is just perfect. If this is one of Axl's big guns then I am damn content  ok
Origen
« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2006, 07:34:58 AM »

The songs arn't anywhere near as good as some people are making them out to be. They are good but not brilliant, thats my view.
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2006, 09:46:49 AM »

Try playing it in Windows Media Player and up the play speed to 1.3 under enhancements.

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »

Better is Worse.
TWAT is TWIT.
The new album is going to disappoint, big time.
You're gonna get flamed for saying that, but I respect the honest opinion. This album has been hyped so much, the expectations are insane. Nothing new we've heard so far is 'earth shattering', and it does create a cause for concern. I like the new demos(except IRS), but Axl is not breaking any new ground. Better is a catchy pop song, plain and simple. TWAT sounds like it could have been on an early 90's Queensryche album. IRS is just all over the place, and the vibe of it is ruined by weak lyrics. One poster here said he thinks these are the 'Big Guns'. If so, then this album and the legacy of GNR are in trouble.
i don't think so, even with just these demos + madagascar and the blues on it this album would be groudbreaking on today's rock scene, it will be the best rock release since UYI. we are in for something amazing and the legacy of guns n' roses is kept intact by axl and axl alone.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:52:24 AM by ThatCertainSomeone » Logged

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:28 AM »

who says that any of these have to be the big guns there still is the blue and madagascar i mean so far i hear 4 songs that i think are awesome and very few albums have 4 great songs and im so sure that the album has more
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »

This is one of the carchiest songs ive heard in a long ass time. Everytime that beat kicks in my head just starts to bob automatically.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »

Better is Worse.
TWAT is TWIT.
The new album is going to disappoint, big time.
You're gonna get flamed for saying that, but I respect the honest opinion. This album has been hyped so much, the expectations are insane. Nothing new we've heard so far is 'earth shattering', and it does create a cause for concern. I like the new demos(except IRS), but Axl is not breaking any new ground. Better is a catchy pop song, plain and simple. TWAT sounds like it could have been on an early 90's Queensryche album. IRS is just all over the place, and the vibe of it is ruined by weak lyrics. One poster here said he thinks these are the 'Big Guns'. If so, then this album and the legacy of GNR are in trouble.
i don't think so, even with just these demos + madagascar and the blues on it this album would be groudbreaking on today's rock scene, it will be the best rock release since UYI. we are in for something amazing and the legacy of guns n' roses is kept intact by axl and axl alone.

it is groundbreaking because you have a dying love for axl rose.... Everyone thinks their favorite band is inovative and making the newest sound around.. No doubt it's btter then the mainstream music out there, but it's not something that's ground breaking, it's just different then what is around now..

I'm starting to think if axl sang home sweet home people would say the same thing, or if he did loving the alien
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2006, 11:37:47 AM »

People are funny.  Nothing is "groundbreaking" anymore, but these songs are certainly not average.  There is nothing "average" about Axl's vocals on these songs, you would be hard pressed to find someone who could compare to him. 

With our airwaves flooded with fake punk mall rock, I love there are some songs available with classic rock vibe (hello guitar solos) with a modern edge with an actually charismatic singer. 

For those who don't like them, seriously what were you expecting? 
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2006, 11:55:55 AM »

Oh, definatly.

The great thing about the guitar solos in these songs are that they seem like they are there for a reason. It's not just chorus -> verse -> chorus -> verse -> chorus -> SOLO! -> chorus. The solos actually fit with the song, and don't give off the feeling that they are there just for the point of being solos.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #535 on: February 19, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

For those who don't like them, seriously what were you expecting

I would like to know as well...how can any1 not like or think TWAT and Better are not huge songs? What do you want?

I keep seeing the "if it wasnt the hype and if it wasnt gnr, you wouldnt be creaming ur pants thing"....or its not "groundbreaking"...well we wont know if anything is groundbreaking until it officially hits radio and stores. thats when ull know.....

and by that statement your basically telling me nothing can be groundbreaking by this band..simply because its Axl and a bunch of guys.

Axl and this band have done everything I could have asked for with the new songs. They didnt emabrace the gnr name with some absurd stuff and the music is fukin killer. how can u not enjoy those solos i mean cmon. they are packed with volume emotion and the gnr sound. the where is slash argument is long gone my friends.....

and better is gonna be a huge radio hit...its so hooky

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: February 19, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

Hello all, new joiner here....

Hmmm, Better, for me, is decidely average to say the least. Whats with that shoddy intro and vocals at the start? 10 years to do that?!!!! IRS and There Was a Time (i'll refuse to call it TWAT thanks) are pretty damn good though. As for the solo in There.... sounds like Slash to me ;-)

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #537 on: February 19, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »

Hello all, new joiner here....

Hmmm, Better, for me, is decidely average to say the least. Whats with that shoddy intro and vocals at the start? 10 years to do that?!!!! IRS and There Was a Time (i'll refuse to call it TWAT thanks) are pretty damn good though. As for the solo in There.... sounds like Slash to me ;-)

You are just old and stuck in 1986.  Cut the mullet already.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »

A Guns discussion thread and a comedy club - quality.

Am i not entitled to my opinion on here? The start of Better sounds terrible to me - the other songs I love. Whats wrong with that? Sounds like Korn to me mate and theyre not from 1986 (wish they were cos they may not be around today)

Hold that song up to anything theyve ever done - even Breakdown 9maybe not My World tho)and tell me its a great song. Its just a short clip so maybe it improves and the studio version will be (doh) better.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »

just out of curiousity, is it understood that a full version of Better exists?

T.T.
?.?.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: