Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 253068 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: February 17, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »

How did I know you'd say that..? Roll Eyes

Well I just listened to Better and it is fucking great!

First verse sounds awesome and I'm keen to see how the chrous and rest of the song sounds. Voice sounds a bit like the Oh My God voice.

Now for downloading IRS!? Cheesy

because it's not that good, if it was metallica everyone would say it was awfull or I listened a half a time...

Stop trying to make a decent song into a masterpiece because you haven't heard anything gnr in ages..
badapple81
« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2006, 06:57:18 AM »

Don't tell me my opinion of the song is wrong just because you don't like it and probably went into it trying not to like it.

Anyway..

I was listening to the intro waiting for it to really kick off and then it just sounded awesome! If this was intended for radio I'm sure they would take a few seconds out of the intro.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #382 on: February 17, 2006, 07:01:16 AM »

Don't tell me my opinion of the song is wrong just because you don't like it and probably went into it trying not to like it.

that is such bullshit, I have at least saved them to my pc and actually gave them a few listens each.. That's more then I can say about other people who give their opinions on other bands/songs.. Just because I hear axl's voice doesn't mean I automatically love the tune..  I'm not a teen again where my judgement was blinded because it was my favorite band on the planet....  Fan forums are supposed to have diversity, some songs you like some you don't especailly when a band changes
conny
« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2006, 07:07:24 AM »

Better is playing around, jerking off, in terms of songwriting it is an updated and more sophisticated 'Oh My God' because just like OMG, the song fires away three songs in one (five guitar riffs/main elements) even before the chorus ever sets in. That's just insane. Some may mistake that for genius, but I think just sounds way too forced and destroys the energy that is suposed to be there, it sounds fabricrated, sterile, death. And for a demo, the song is way too sterile.

If the demos already sound that sterile, then I'm afraid the final mixes will be a huge letdown for anyone who expected and organic sound.
RichardNixon
« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2006, 07:08:06 AM »

that is such bullshit, I have at least saved them to my pc and actually gave them a few listens each.. That's more then I can say about other people who give their opinions on other bands/songs.. Just because I hear axl's voice doesn't mean I automatically love the tune..? I'm not a teen again where my judgement was blinded because it was my favorite band on the planet....? Fan forums are supposed to have diversity, some songs you like some you don't especailly when a band changes

A great song is a great song. If Metallica released "better," I'd say "good for them."

It has been a long time and I did really want to like it, but regardless, I do really like it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

so you are saying you didn't like better???

I'm only saying not every songs can knock your socks off.. Some you just hear and say well I like a few others but not this one..

badapple81
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2006, 07:14:07 AM »

that is such bullshit, I have at least saved them to my pc and actually gave them a few listens each.. That's more then I can say about other people who give their opinions on other bands/songs.. Just because I hear axl's voice doesn't mean I automatically love the tune..? I'm not a teen again where my judgement was blinded because it was my favorite band on the planet....? Fan forums are supposed to have diversity, some songs you like some you don't especailly when a band changes

I consider myself intelligent enough to rate the song without my judgement clouded. There are a lot of GN'R songs that I don't like. I guess we just have to agree to disagree  peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #387 on: February 17, 2006, 07:17:21 AM »

I consider myself intelligent enough to rate the song without my judgement clouded. There are a lot of GN'R songs that I don't like. I guess we just have to agree to disagree? peace

that's fine with me friend beer
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2006, 07:27:30 AM »

Hey Mike,

You don't think it's possible that people might actually like this song because this song is likable?

Sure I've given it a few more listens because it's GN'R, and though it might not be a masterpiece, I dig the hell out of it.
It's modern, it's groovy and Axl sounds great on it. I even like it better than IRS.

I just wish we had the full song because I love what I've heard so far! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2006, 07:59:01 AM »

Better is catchy, groovy, modern and Axl sounds great on it. Could very well be a big gun.
Sounds like it starts to get a bit epic towards the end of the clip too.

It's funny, that apart from Axl's vocals, the song doesn't really sound like GN'R of old at all. I mean what old GN'R song could you compare it to really?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2006, 08:14:59 AM »

If Better is one of his BIG GUNS then Axl is coming out firing BBs.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2006, 09:05:27 AM »

actually i think "better" is better ( hihi) than 82% of the old songs.....   and irs is on the same level as the big guns to me...

hopefully CD`s coming out soon.  i think even the studio versions of maddy, the blues and cd will be worth the wait for me ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #392 on: February 17, 2006, 09:10:18 AM »

I think that is Axl in the chorus. And yes, this song is amazing. This song has really hit me hard. It's something special. It's so great to hear some rock with thought and soul. As for the lyrics, here's what I hear:

Guns N' Roses - Better

(Intro)
No one ever told me when I was alone
they just thought I'd know better, better.

No one ever told me when I was alone
they just thought I'd know better, better.

The hardest part this troubled heart has never
yet been through now.
We've healed the scars that got their start
inside someone like you now.

Well had I known or I'd been shown back
when I longed you'd take me.
To break the charge that brought me home
and all that won't erase me.

I never would know that I could
no matter what you'd pay me.
Replay the part, you stole my heart
I should have known you're crazy.

If all I knew was that with you
I'd want someone to save me.
It'd be enough, but just my luck,
I fell in love and baby all that I wanted was

Now I know you better,
You know I'd...

this is what im hearing. except the intro line is "they just thought i knew better, better". and that last line might be "had i known you better, you know i'd..."

Loving the lyrics already.
badapple81
« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2006, 09:13:19 AM »

Also I think the intro will sound much different on the finished version. I think they'll add a bit more to it. You can kind of hear the faint drum beat in the background at the start. I have a feeling they'll make that a bit more prominent.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »

This song hit me right away. Everything about it is amazing. It was special to me right from the start. Axl's voice is great, you can hear the sadness and emotion in it. The groove is so good, and the intro is kick ass. I got tears in my eyes right away, maybe because of the emotion of the song and the hapiness I was feeling because I finally heard a new song. The song is defiantely my favorite new song already, cant wait to hear the rest of it.

I have a little different interpretation of the lyrics than those, mine are similar, but there are some words that I have different. I will post them later.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 09:19:59 AM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2006, 09:21:42 AM »

Yeah, it was so great to hear his voice.  Grin
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »

I don't care. my most beloved GNR songs are Estranged, Coma, Locomotive and Nightrain - no big guns but the best songs Wink I hate Live and Let Die and Knockin' On Heaven's Door - shame that such songs are just needed to attract attention of radios

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2006, 10:22:19 AM »

I think it will probably be in the top 5 best songs on the new album.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2006, 10:23:30 AM »

I don't care. my most beloved GNR songs are Estranged, Coma, Locomotive and Nightrain - no big guns
Three of the four songs you just mentioned were considered the big guns at that time.

No way is Better a big gun. Its a great clip, but its more likely just the 'pop hit' to help sell the album to the masses.

//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2006, 10:24:45 AM »

It's ridiculous try to judge by a 1,20 min clip. I'll wait to hear it complete.

//JK
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: