Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 255349 times)
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1760 on: October 20, 2006, 09:03:33 PM »

I think poor Jarmo has his work cut out for the next few months, but for the best of reasons. Maybe he will miss threads about axls trousers but I respect Jarmo for running the site. Must be something funny going on about the ad, but again thats a good thing
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1761 on: October 20, 2006, 09:14:13 PM »

For me it's dissappointing to not be able to discuss certain things here because this has become my one stop shop for news.  However I feel for Jarmo as he's stuck between a rock and a hard place now.  I hope at this point all will be explained soon.   I think GN'R management has to realize that this thing is going to take a life of its own and they need to start being a little more upfront with the plan. 

Can we now assume that Better will be the first single?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1762 on: October 20, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »

I don't think we can assume anything.  This week has proved that.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #1763 on: October 21, 2006, 02:27:57 AM »

do you except video from single?

I have never seen so many tree
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1764 on: October 21, 2006, 05:10:53 AM »

I don't think "better" will be the 1st single. It's too different from the old band, and the intro would turn a lot of people off.
For a first single (= first impression), it would be a risky choice.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:21:39 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1765 on: October 21, 2006, 05:20:35 AM »

I don't think "better" will be the 1st single. It's too different from the old band, and the intro would turn a lot of people off.
For a first single (= first impression), it would be a risky choice.

Agreed. I hope Better isnt the first single. I hope its not released as a single at all.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1766 on: October 21, 2006, 05:24:37 AM »

Honnestly I heard it Live in Paris and I think it was the weakest of all the new tracks I heard that night. It was not bad, don't get me wrong, but it was just "blah". Very generic to me. However, Madagascar, The Blues and IRS blew me away. The new version of Chinese Democracy, with the new intro, also sounded very good.
Anyway I think they need something more "Classic" as a first single. A good punchy and energetic classic-rock n' roll single is what the world needs... no computer effects, no weird intro, no emo/metal/poppy or call it what the hell you want, just a Classic-Rock n' Roll tune. short but strong. Bring the Classic-Rock n' Roll back. Nothing sounds better than a Gibson on fire. Computer effects or samples will never replace a Bluesman playing guitar with his heart and his soul.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:50:33 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
anythinggoes
« Reply #1767 on: October 21, 2006, 05:33:12 AM »

Yeah but i always thought YCBM wasnt Gnrs Strongest track yet it did well in the charts different circumstances i know but i think with a bit of Airplay better will do well. The beginning is at first listen like what the fucks this then the song starts and then the Last half well what can you say.

Lets just hope they do a video im sure it will be live shots from Europe and they get Mtv to play the fuck out of it 
GeraldFord
« Reply #1768 on: October 21, 2006, 05:33:58 AM »

Better is "generic"? HA! Generic is Creed, Third Eye Blind...hardly generic. And I think it will be the first singge, great hook, very catchy...and why would they put it in the "you know what" if it wasn't going to be the first single.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1769 on: October 21, 2006, 06:13:13 AM »

Why does everybody complain about the intro to Better? I think it's cool, it gets your attention and builds up perfectly before the heavy verse guitars come screaming.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #1770 on: October 21, 2006, 06:16:15 AM »

yeah the intro stays in your head the whole time. it's a fine vocal melody, very catchy
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1771 on: October 21, 2006, 06:18:57 AM »

The reason why Nesquick doesnt like Better is because it has Buckethead written all over it.

And I agree with the others, it has nothing generic about it

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1772 on: October 21, 2006, 06:53:45 AM »

I think its a great first single and not generic at all.? The intro is great and I think it can do well.? I don't know about singles charts or anything, but so long as it does well enough to promote CD and push album sales, well thats all that matters.? I'm not concerned about GN'R competing with the Pussycat Dolls for the number 1 spot on top 40 radio!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 07:27:13 AM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #1773 on: October 21, 2006, 07:19:41 AM »

Classic Rock N Roll? The new single needs to demonstrate that the band are both a completely new proposition, and contemporary, whilst clearly showing the lineage from the old line up : if they do a classic rock n roll single, it'll show the band haven't progressed or evolved at all and have creatively stagnated.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1774 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:33 AM »

I don't think that 'Better' is a weal song - actually it was my favorite of the leaks when they fisrt came out.  I think that I.R.S. should be the single though.  It's such a powerful song and I didn't really appreciate it until I heard it live.  The version from Germany kicks Ass.  Anyway, if you remember back when Boston (WAAF) and other stations wereplaying I.R.S., it was getting pretty good press and fan comments.   I think it even hit the charts at 49, which was pretty damn good for a leaked song that got limited air time.

Wake up. . . .time to die
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1775 on: October 21, 2006, 07:30:54 AM »

Of course "BETTER" will be the first single, no doubt about it. Anyone who knows anything about marketing will agree.  peace
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1776 on: October 21, 2006, 07:46:30 AM »

Of course "BETTER" will be the first single, no doubt about it. Anyone who knows anything about marketing will agree.? peace

That's a reach Huh

Tell me Mr. "Marketing" expert.  What makes 'Better' more marketable than I.R.S.?

Wake up. . . .time to die
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1777 on: October 21, 2006, 07:56:13 AM »

Lol. I just posted and it got deleted straight away. Thats Democracy for ya.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1778 on: October 21, 2006, 08:00:39 AM »

Lol. I just posted and it got deleted straight away. Thats Democracy for ya.

Democracy, freedom of speech..... Learn to accept that it's our house and our rules. Not yours.

You commented on something we're not discussing at this point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1779 on: October 21, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »

But I commented on Better? Thats the thread yes?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: